Avram Grant sacked.

Was it ever established as FACT! why he left ?? I have the story about him wanting to buy Signori (sp) but wasn't allowed to - though that could be bollocks.

That's one story that has been raised before - the strain on Gerry Francis' face when we beat Spurs is another, the PLC is another.....

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it ever established as FACT! why he left ?? I have the story about him wanting to buy Signori (sp) but wasn't allowed to - though that could be bollocks.

That's one story that has been raised before - the strain on Gerry Francis' face when we beat Spurs is another, the PLC is another.....

I remember that story and couldn't help thinking he was talking bollocks when he said it.

I think it was a number of things - mainly the pressure of not quite being able to deliver the league

My take was always that he couldn't get over the disappointment of 95/96 - I think buying Shearer was Hall's attempt to reinvigorate him but I don't think it worked.

Guest alex

I remember that story and couldn't help thinking he was talking bollocks when he said it.

It sounds like total bollocks tbf.

Guest alex
I think it was a number of things - mainly the pressure of not quite being able to deliver the league

My take was always that he couldn't get over the disappointment of 95/96 - I think buying Shearer was Hall's attempt to reinvigorate him but I don't think it worked.

That's a good shout. Never been the same since imo.

The official line from KK is that it was the plc and the board not having control of the pursestrings and so on. I think it was a number of things - mainly the pressure of not quite being able to deliver the league as it looked like we'd hoyed it away that season when he left. I can't believe he'd have walked if we looked like we were going to win it.

I suspect it was a number of things, but I reckon like you see in a lot of businesses things change when you stop clawing your way up and reach the top (more or less). You see it quite often in business, even with things like Google and such now, often the vision goes and the management accountants come in. Some handle the switch over well and some don't, I suspect (and the next 10 years seems to back it up) we didn't.

Breaking news on SSN:

Henk Ten Cate sacked by Chelea.

Ten cats out???!! :nufc:

of eight?

prefer Whiskers???!! :scratchchin: