Kate Moss' new sponsorship deal

themags

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand most of the companies dropping her, but surely she's a perfect role model for burberry?  :blink:

The papers love a witch hunt. The only probelm I have with Miss Moss is that she has a young kid. We've all done stupid things when we were younger, but when you've made the decision to have a child then you have to take responsibility. This is no different to Jordan really, she had her young un then was pictured out on the piss all the time. Not really fair to the kids is it.

Still, the coverage has been way over the top and she should be left alone to deal with it.

41069[/snapback]

Yes you are right, as soon as anybody has a kid they give up drinking and going out altogether

41106[/snapback]

Nah, I didn't maen that, what I meant was you have an extra responsability therefore you have to priorites certain things. Getting off your tits most nights, whether it's drink or drugs, can;t be a healthy environment for a child? I'm not saying you can't go out and get pissed, I'm just saying not all the time shirley?

41114[/snapback]

Yes but you dont have to go out all the time for the media to portray you as a party animal. Shirley you havent been rtaken in by the gutter press? :lol:

I can understand most of the companies dropping her, but surely she's a perfect role model for burberry?  :blink:

The papers love a witch hunt. The only probelm I have with Miss Moss is that she has a young kid. We've all done stupid things when we were younger, but when you've made the decision to have a child then you have to take responsibility. This is no different to Jordan really, she had her young un then was pictured out on the piss all the time. Not really fair to the kids is it.

Still, the coverage has been way over the top and she should be left alone to deal with it.

41069[/snapback]

Yes you are right, as soon as anybody has a kid they give up drinking and going out altogether

41106[/snapback]

Nah, I didn't maen that, what I meant was you have an extra responsability therefore you have to priorites certain things. Getting off your tits most nights, whether it's drink or drugs, can;t be a healthy environment for a child? I'm not saying you can't go out and get pissed, I'm just saying not all the time shirley?

41114[/snapback]

Yes but you dont have to go out all the time for the media to portray you as a party animal. Shirley you havent been rtaken in by the gutter press? :lol:

41134[/snapback]

I do have a friagile little mind. You mean, 90% of the country isn't Muslim?

As has been mentioned the hypocrisy of the journos who exposed her takes some beating.  I keep wondering if the Mail can be charged with inciting hatred on a daily basis.

If H&M cancelled all contracts with all designers and models on coke they'd have nothing to sell.

Also loved the Chief Inspector going to interview her. How much an hour?

Did you take Coke - No - thanks and goodbye.

Did you take Coke - Yes - Have you got any on you now - No - thanks and goodbye.

Doherty is still human faeces like.

40961[/snapback]

So it's okay for Kate Moss to take drugs but not Doherty?

Nice to see while people are ripping into the media and fashion people for having double standards you're keeping up the trend.

As has been mentioned the hypocrisy of the journos who exposed her takes some beating.  I keep wondering if the Mail can be charged with inciting hatred on a daily basis.

If H&M cancelled all contracts with all designers and models on coke they'd have nothing to sell.

Also loved the Chief Inspector going to interview her. How much an hour?

Did you take Coke - No - thanks and goodbye.

Did you take Coke - Yes - Have you got any on you now - No - thanks and goodbye.

Doherty is still human faeces like.

40961[/snapback]

So it's okay for Kate Moss to take drugs but not Doherty?

Nice to see while people are ripping into the media and fashion people for having double standards you're keeping up the trend.

41430[/snapback]

Anybody who burgals his best mates flat is a shit in my book - nowt to do with drugs.

Fair point.

Speaking of those double standards, it was hilarious to see Richard Madely seething that 'poor Kate' had lost all her contracts then decry Doherty as a dirty waster for doing the same.

(for the record - I don't think Moss is any better or worse than Doherty, and while her bosses almost certainly share her habits they're not the public image of the company so I can understand why she got the boot. It may be unfair but that's life)

Fair point.

Speaking of those double standards, it was hilarious to see Richard Madely seething that 'poor Kate' had lost all her contracts then decry Doherty as a dirty waster for doing the same.

(for the record - I don't think Moss is any better or worse than Doherty, and while her bosses almost certainly share her habits they're not the public image of the company so I can understand why she got the boot. It may be unfair but that's life)

41442[/snapback]

I thought it was funny to see the people who defended her claiming a right to "privacy" when they live vicariously through celebs and would die without the oxygen of invasions of said privacy.

IMO the differnce between them is that Moss is "talented" in her field and has then messed it up. Doherty's only talent and claim to fame is his addictions in my view.

I can't believe the papers were shocked by it anyway, a model who's gone out with Johnny Depp and Pete Doherty takes class A drugs...wow!

41119[/snapback]

You missed off Bobby Gillespie tbh.

Fair point.

41442[/snapback]

I thought it was funny to see the people who defended her claiming a right to "privacy" when they live vicariously through celebs and would die without the oxygen of invasions of said privacy.

IMO the differnce between them is that Moss is "talented" in her field and has then messed it up. Doherty's only talent and claim to fame is his addictions in my view.

41477[/snapback]

Having an addiction is a talent? Maybe I should start smoking crack in order to bolster my CV! :lol:

Bobby Gillespie is God

41550[/snapback]

Rubbish!

But he once played drums for god and his brother.

42687[/snapback]

I like the Jesus and Mary Chain but I reckon Primal Scream are better.

Bobby Gillespie is God

41550[/snapback]

Rubbish!

But he once played drums for god and his brother.

42687[/snapback]

I like the Jesus and Mary Chain but I reckon Primal Scream are better.

42975[/snapback]

Wash your mouth out young Alex.