If KK doesn't get a good transfer window.

Park Life

I think a problem in the last ten years has been the constant frenzy over big signings and the subsequent adulation when they arrive or the pissy sniping when they don't..

The quieter things are done the better imo.

spot on iyam

I'm starting to get a real bad feeling about this whole thing, I mean I don't trust the papers but so far Ashley's done nothing that makes me think we're in for an exciting ride any time soon. It's probably the papers stirring as per usual but to be honest they're making a plausible enough case for this Keegan not being backed story that I can see it affecting players wanting to come in. So much for Ashley wanting to make Newcastle a European team again, all I'm seeing is a mediocre, mid-table team with no ambition and dickheads on the board who go over the managers head by appointing people like Dennis Wise.

... I have that Monday feeling if you hadn't guessed :up:

Keegan was aware that Wise was coming in as far as I'm aware.

Yeah, I think the real issue (if indeed there is any issue) would be if they are now trying to enforce a wage structure on the club. Sensible, long-term.... but it's bound to be painful short-term.

I'm starting to get a real bad feeling about this whole thing, I mean I don't trust the papers but so far Ashley's done nothing that makes me think we're in for an exciting ride any time soon. It's probably the papers stirring as per usual but to be honest they're making a plausible enough case for this Keegan not being backed story that I can see it affecting players wanting to come in. So much for Ashley wanting to make Newcastle a European team again, all I'm seeing is a mediocre, mid-table team with no ambition and dickheads on the board who go over the managers head by appointing people like Dennis Wise.

... I have that Monday feeling if you hadn't guessed :nah:

I'm saying fuck all me like

... I have that Monday feeling if you hadn't guessed :nah:

I'm saying fuck all me like

Whilst I would be lying if I said I didn't have concerns there may still just be the possibility that we are actively working behind the scenes but are keeping it all hush hush. Look at both the Enrique and Emre deals the media had no idea of it over here until the news had broken in Spain and Turkey.

As for the ambition I am not defending the club as I have no idea just what the plans are but playing Devils Advocate if we had managed to secure the signings of Woodgate and Modric and were pursuing the likes of Gomis and Turan would we still have the same concerns. Personally I have no clue whats going on and just hope it all ends up ok...

A positive way to look at it is no club on earth is going to think we've got money to spend now, so they can't exactly start hiking the price up, it could all be deliberate PR.

Who knows?

I hope you're right :nah:

I can see him being irritated if we don't get Dunne.

You'd have to wonder if we genuinely got pipped by someone like Spurs again to him.

I can see him being irritated if we don't get Dunne.

You'd have to wonder if we genuinely got pipped by someone like Spurs again to him.

I don't see anything strange in currently being beaten to players by Spurs, sadly at the moment they are a much more attaractive proposition. In european competition, just won a trophy, manager who is pretty highly regarded and successful in europe and the old London factor which some players can't get over. If we hadn't had years of Fat Fred inflicting the likes of Souness and Roeder et al on us and makign us mediocre at best then we'd be more attractive, but for now we're not.

Out of interest, a genuine question has Keegan actually come out and directly said he wants Dunne, or has it just been the usual paper talk linking us with everyone and deciding themselves that Keegan has said he wants DUnne as i'm not sure either way on this one whether he has or not!

Don't expect any major signings until after Euros. Maybe you'll see a few coming out of the Americas and Asia, but no team is going to buy a player with the possibility of a career ending injury at Euros.

Don't expect any major signings until after Euros. Maybe you'll see a few coming out of the Americas and Asia, but no team is going to buy a player with the possibility of a career ending injury at Euros.

They're insured, it's not an issue.

It's more likely that clubs don't want to sell players who are "on show" because they know a good tournament will inflate their value!

It's more likely that clubs don't want to sell players who are "on show" because they know a good tournament will inflate their value!

Foremost it is difficult to finalise deals during the Euros. Some teams ban agents and all transfer talks from their camps (Barzagli had to sign his pre-contract with Wolfsburg at a parking place in front of the hotel). You also can't do medicals etc. So even if you find an agreement with the club regarding a fee you will still face problems to tie up a player during the Euros.

Foremost it is difficult to finalise deals during the Euros. Some teams ban agents and all transfer talks from their camps (Barzagli had to sign his pre-contract with Wolfsburg at a parking place in front of the hotel). You also can't do medicals etc. So even if you find an agreement with the club regarding a fee you will still face problems to tie up a player during the Euros.

Yeah there is that also :nah:

It will be all Africans and those from the Americas until after the Euros.