I knew it --- I just fucking knew it!

bluepeter1875

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former Bolton and Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has emerged as the early favourite to succeed Hughes, while ex-England boss Steve McClaren and Rovers hero Alan Shearer are also in the frame.

From SSN

Edited by bawan

Why Shearer would want the job is beyond me. He gave the club the best years of his career, singlehandedly won them the title, left for his boyhood club rather than the scum down the road, and how did the Blackburn fans repay him? By booing and abusing him every time he returned to Ewood.

I still can't believe we appointed that loon.

xinsrc_5421104091235265182763.jpg

seemed like a reasonable appointment at the time though.

Yeah, in fairness he just went metal whilst at NUFC. :nah:

Dunno if 'mental' is the right phrase. He just believed that no one man was bigger than the club (which he's actually right about) and giot obsessive about Alan Shearer with regards to that.

I think he was naive and didn't understand the enormity of the job but apart from that he didn't do too bad a job and certainly nowhere near the level of Souness.

I still can't believe we appointed that loon.

xinsrc_5421104091235265182763.jpg

seemed like a reasonable appointment at the time though.

Yeah, in fairness he just went metal whilst at NUFC. :nah:

Dunno if 'mental' is the right phrase. He just believed that no one man was bigger than the club (which he's actually right about) and giot obsessive about Alan Shearer with regards to that.

I think he was naive and didn't understand the enormity of the job but apart from that he didn't do too bad a job and certainly nowhere near the level of Souness.

It's more the curses and such I'm on about, although towards the end he was losing it on many levels, I reckon a few more weeks in the job and he'd have been running naked about the place howling.

Why Shearer would want the job is beyond me. He gave the club the best years of his career, singlehandedly won them the title, left for his boyhood club rather than the scum down the road, and how did the Blackburn fans repay him? By booing and abusing him every time he returned to Ewood.

Not quite true - some clowns with no recollection of watching the best player ever to play for us were the only ones booing.

The fact that Shearer told a few lies probably didnt help........

Singlehandedly won us the premiership? Erm - Sutton, Flowers and a few others might have something to say about that!

Maybe just a sensible post is beyond you :nah:

Not quite true - some clowns with no recollection of watching the best player ever to play for us were the only ones booing.

Singlehandedly won us the premiership? Erm - Sutton, Flowers and a few others might have something to say about that!

What lies did he actually tell btw? Just a genuine question as I really can't remember at the time.

What lies did he actually tell btw? Just a genuine question as I really can't remember at the time.

He was sporting the new Rovers kit in the local rag and was on the radio quashing rumours that he was about to leave.

To give a general quote: 'i will be at Brockholes (our training ground) along with the other players as usual. I am committed to BRFC.

I think it kicked up a stink because a lot of the new kits were printed with his name on, and it went out of date after a week!!

The best player I ever saw at Ewood - EVER - BY A MILE.

We will train him up and you can come and get him again in two years!

He was sporting the new Rovers kit in the local rag and was on the radio quashing rumours that he was about to leave.

To give a general quote: 'i will be at Brockholes (our training ground) along with the other players as usual. I am committed to BRFC.

I think it kicked up a stink because a lot of the new kits were printed with his name on, and it went out of date after a week!!

Nice.

Dealio but make that 3 years.

Maybe just a sensible post is beyond you :D

Maybe he was committed though until an offer was accepted. I do remember him saying before that he'd always wanted at some point to play for his hometown club.

You got his best years anyway, we only got 1 year of the Shearer we signed. :nah:

Always been curious about the kind of success we would have had if Sherarer had stayed fit. Would Tomasson have been a better player? Would Dalglish have created a better team around him etc.

Maybe he was committed though until an offer was accepted. I do remember him saying before that he'd always wanted at some point to play for his hometown club.

You got his best years anyway, we only got 1 year of the Shearer we signed. :nah:

You think so?

he always looked amazing to me - years after he left us.

Good luck for next season.

Maybe just a sensible post is beyond you :icon_lol:

You got his best years anyway, we only got 1 year of the Shearer we signed. :D

Makes his goal tally all the more unbelievable :nah:

You think so?

he always looked amazing to me - years after he left us.

Good luck for next season.

I'd say he lost about 25% of it when he done his ankle in at Goodison, despite being class for us afterwards, don't get me wrong, he wasn't the player he signed due to the injury having a massive impact on his mobility around the pitch and knocking a couple of yards off his pace.

Maybe just a sensible post is beyond you :icon_lol:

You got his best years anyway, we only got 1 year of the Shearer we signed. :D

Makes his goal tally all the more unbelievable :nah:

Especially some of the shite he had around him as well.