Wednesday's Gossip

Tom

Harry Redknapp says he won't be held to ransom by Liverpool in his pursuit of striker Peter Crouch. (Daily Star)

£9m bid rejected.

Liverpool are off their heads. Knocking back a £2M profit from a lad who hardly gets a start?

Hardly got a start and still managed 11 goals. He`s at least worth 12 mil, if we don`t get it we should hang on to him for a season.

Villa won`t get 20 mil for Barry. We`ll get him for 15.

Won't he go on a free then if he's only got a year left? Hmm, £9m in the hand now for a player who doesn't start OR keep him for another year as a sub and get nothing for him... that doesn't exactly make sound business sense. :icon_lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15m for Barry? Fuck me sideways

More realistic than 20 though..................... or the 20 plus paid for Hargreaves or Carrick who are both poor players.

Harry Redknapp says he won't be held to ransom by Liverpool in his pursuit of striker Peter Crouch. (Daily Star)

£9m bid rejected.

Liverpool are off their heads. Knocking back a £2M profit from a lad who hardly gets a start?

Hardly got a start and still managed 11 goals. He`s at least worth 12 mil, if we don`t get it we should hang on to him for a season.

Won't he go on a free then if he's only got a year left? Hmm, £9m in the hand now for a player who doesn't start OR keep him for another year as a sub and get nothing for him... that doesn't exactly make sound business sense. :icon_lol:

I`d rather keep him as I think he`s a good player. Give him a few more games and a new contract.

£9m bid rejected.

I`d rather keep him as I think he`s a good player. Give him a few more games and a new contract.

For the love of god keep him.

£9m bid rejected.

For the love of god keep him.

You lot could well do with him. :icon_lol:

More realistic than 20 though..................... or the 20 plus paid for Hargreaves or Carrick who are both poor players.

:icon_lol:

What a silly bitter wanker you are.

I think they`re poor considering what was paid for them. How is that bitter?

I assure you though that you are far more bitter than I. You tool.

£9m bid rejected.

as I said. Martin O'Neil won't let him go for under 20m.

You said they were poor players, not because of their transfer fee so stop back tracking.

And I would prefer either of them to Mascherano plus they were both less expensive.

You said they were poor players, not because of their transfer fee so stop back tracking.

And I would prefer either of them to Mascherano plus they were both less expensive.

Thought Mascherano was less than both of them or at least the same price? and is younger and a better player what's not to prefer? :icon_lol:

Since Carrick went to Man Utd they've turned around a relatively barren spell (when Chelsea dominated) and have won two consecutive league titles and a European Cup so I'd suggest they're more than happy they've gotten value for money there.

Thought Mascherano was less than both of them or at least the same price? and is younger and a better player what's not to prefer? :icon_lol:

Mascherano was £18.6m, Hargreaves £17m and Carrick £14m with the possibility of rising to £18.6m depending on appearances and club success so really Mascherano is the most expensive of the lot.

Mascherano is easily the best defensive midfielder in the world. his range of passing is slightly worse than Carrick's but in every other facet he's better.

hell, he's so good that he manages to cover both him and Gerrard's gaps in midfield whilst Stevie cavaliers around the pitch like a brainless bull.

Yeah, you would be looking to be playing them both together in a 4-2-3-1 formation. :icon_lol:

You could play both of them easily in the middle. In the formation you mention or a more conventional 4-4-2 imo.

Yeah, you would be looking to be playing them both together in a 4-2-3-1 formation. :icon_lol:

You could play both of them easily in the middle. In the formation you mention or a more conventional 4-4-2 imo.

I agree however I would prefer a more attacking player than Carrick in a 4-4-2.

£9m bid rejected.

Villa are down to £18M...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...lla/7450271.stm

£9m bid rejected.

Villa are down to £18M...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...lla/7450271.stm

bbc are wrong as usual.

20m and he'll go.

o'neil is furious with both barry and rafa.