Sarraday Gossip

Ketsbaia

CRISTIANO RONALDO LATEST

Cristiano Ronaldo is on the brink of a remarkable U-turn to declare his allegiance to Manchester United as he is unhappy with Real Madrid's public quibbling. (Daily Express)

Real will ask Ronaldo to take a pay cut to leave United. The Spanish club are only prepared to offer the winger a £5.5m-a-season deal, leaving him £1.5m out of pocket. (Daily Star)

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has said the club must hold on to the Portugal winger if they are to become the greatest United team of all time. (Daily Mirror)

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Inter Milan have reportedly agreed on a deal for England midfielder Frank Lampard, although Chelsea sources maintain they have yet to receive an offer from the Italians. (Various)

Lampard has agreed in principle to a four-year deal worth £6m a year, with Chelsea receiving a £7m transfer fee. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has tried to hijack Andrei Arshavin's expected move to Barcelona by asking the Russia midfielder to consider playing for the Blues. (Daily Telegraph)

But Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has asked chief executive Peter Kenyon to sign AC Milan's Kaka and Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery before the club go on a pre-season tour of Malaysia, China and Moscow. (Daily Mail)

Despite on Friday declaring his intentions to stay at Arsenal, Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor has changed his stance and is now welcoming interest from Barcelona and AC Milan. (Various)

Portugal want Manchester United assistant Carlos Queiroz as their new manager. (Daily Star)

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside has given manager Gary Megson the go-ahead to pursue his interest in strikers Milan Baros and Louis Saha. (Daily Mail)

Tottenham will need special dispensation to sign Heurelho Gomes because the Brazilian goalkeeper has not played in the required 75% of international matches during the past two years. (The Times)

Paul Ince wants to make Chelsea goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini his first signing as Blackburn boss. (The Sun)

Portsmouth's hopes of getting Argentine striker Mauro Zerate on a season loan have been hit by competition from Lazio. (Daily Mirror)

Galatasaray have signed Liverpool goalkeeper Charles Itandje for £2m, scuppering Scott Carson's chance of a quick exit from Anfield. (Daily Mail)

Arsenal will sign Oguzhan Ozyakup from AZ Alkmaar when the midfielder turns 16 in September. (The Times)

Stoke City are expected to make their first signing of the summer after offering about £2m for Sunderland goalkeeper Marton Fulop. (The Times)

Goalkeeper Paul Robinson will head the list of names in Tottenham's summer clear-out, with eight other players expected to exit White Hart Lane - including midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool are close to signing Danish youngster Nikola Saric, 17, on a three-year deal from Herfolge. (The Sun)

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan is ready to make a move for Manchester United defender Jonny Evans, who spent last season on loan at Sunderland. (The Sun)

Harry Redknapp has hinted he wants to continue as Portsmouth boss beyond the three years he still has on his contract. (Daily Express)

Serie A side Bologna have made Celtic star Shunsuke Nakamura their number one signing target. (Daily Record/Sun)

Cardiff City are set to win the race for out-of-contract Motherwell forward Ross McCormack. (Daily Express)

Dundee United have enquired about the possibility of signing Inverness striker Marius Niculae. (Scottish Sun)

Kilmarnock are chasing Northern Ireland striker Peter Thompson and have offered Linfield £40,000. (Scottish Sun)

Wolves are not giving up on their bid to buy Hearts captain Christophe Berra. (Daily Express)

Norwich have given Rangers midfielder Alan Gow 48 hours to accept their offer. (Daily Record)

OTHER GOSSIP

Arsenal's board have been warned by former chairman David Dein they risked slipping out of the Champions League positions unless they sold to Alisher Usmanov, the Uzbekistani multi-billionaire who owns 24.9% of the club. (Daily Telegraph)

Striker Fernando Torres believes Spain will dominate world football for years to come after breaking their major championship jinx by reaching the Euro 2008 final. (The Sun)

Luiz Felipe Scolari has ordered double training sessions for Chelsea's first-team squad when they report back for pre-season on 7 July. (Daily Mail)

AND FINALLY

So distraught were Croatia fans after their quarter-final defeat to Turkey on penalties that one Croatian newspaper brought in a shrink to help fans get over their team's Euro 2008 exit. (Daily Express)

I'd sign Evans as I've said just for the reaction of them lot, would be absolutely brilliant.

That's what I've just said to my mate :)

When It was going round last time the mackems were bricking it <_<

I even read one saying he would tear up his season ticket and he wouldn't renew it :D

I'd sign Evans as I've said just for the reaction of them lot, would be absolutely brilliant.

That's what I've just said to my mate :)

When It was going round last time the mackems were bricking it <_<

I even read one saying he would tear up his season ticket and he wouldn't renew it :D

:D

I have just had a brief read of Ready to go.

The ignorance and stupidity winds me up so I stopped. It's too early In the morning and I'm too hungover to read that drivel.

They are still bricking it though.

(If tha scum ftm lol!1 gave him 80k!1 a week he woundt go there lol ftm Keon!1o) etc etc

<_<

I have just had a brief read of Ready to go.

The ignorance and stupidity winds me up so I stopped. It's too early In the morning and I'm too hungover to read that drivel.

They are still bricking it though.

(If tha scum ftm lol!1 gave him 80k!1 a week he woundt go there lol ftm Keon!1o) etc etc

<_<

They're trying to play it cool taking the "he'd never move there" line but being only 20 he's not going to want to rush into a decision. Maybe he'll want to link up with Keane again, maybe he'll fancy coming here, earning a bit more and playing with arguably better players.

Klauss Jan Huntelaar has just rejected new deal at Ajax. This is the kind of transfer we need to be chasing.

Out of our league imo, still, there's no harm in trying I suppose.

Klauss Jan Huntelaar has just rejected new deal at Ajax. This is the kind of transfer we need to be chasing.

the kind that man u are after?

• 9 months later...
Guest Stevie

Can I just point out only mackems and people from South Tyneside, would ever say Sarraday, it is most definitely not a word which has been pronounced like that from the lips of someone from the north bank of the Tyne.

Can I just point out only mackems and people from South Tyneside, would ever say Sarraday, it is most definitely not a word which has been pronounced like that from the lips of someone from the north bank of the Tyne.

How the hell did you find this thread? :nufc:

Guest Stevie
I seem to remember that "satder" was the official Newcastle saturday. According to Sid the Sexist anyway.

Satder aye, "sarruduh" nah. Add r's drop h's = Washington, Sunderland, South Shields, oh dear.