The salary cap

Snake

If it was true then we really have slipped in to being a small-time has-been of a club, on the other hand it's probably a load of media stirred up nonsense, making things up because they're getting nothing from any 'insiders'.

<_<

80K paycut for Mickey then?

:)

Think the article is stating cap on new arrivals.. so this wouldn't have to happen

I prefer to make rash comments having not read the full story.

haha swauve. The article's probably a load of crap anyway

£50k basic is what Ashley is aiming for, but with a bonus structure which would make the likes of Owen and Martins some of the highest earners in the country if we win things.

Ashley has also said privately that a large number of players would have been sacked based on performances if they had been in the Sports Direct business.

£50k basic is what Ashley is aiming for, but with a bonus structure which would make the likes of Owen and Martins some of the highest earners in the country if we win things.

So £50k a week then? <_<

Well done MA. Soon enough all teams will have to operate within their means.

FFS did his best to put you on a dodgy financial footing, there has to be a correction at some point.

So £50k a week then? :)

<_<

Ashley has also said privately that a large number of players would have been sacked based on performances if they had been in the Sports Direct business.

but they aren't.

Get real Mike

but they aren't.

Get real Mike

I agree but to be fair, that sounds made up (i.e. what he's supposed to have said privately).

but they aren't.

Get real Mike

I agree but to be fair, that sounds made up (i.e. what he's supposed to have said privately).

I'm just wondering how long Keegan will last to be honest

but they aren't.

Get real Mike

I think he'll stick it out personally. Even if it isn't what it was advertised as. That's just pure speculation though as it's very early days yet. But I don't think he'll want to be labelled a quitter again (unfairly or otherwise). I think he'll be honest with the fans about what is happening though. If the money's not there, he'll say so.

but they aren't.

Get real Mike

I think he'll stick it out personally. Even if it isn't what it was advertised as. That's just pure speculation though as it's very early days yet. But I don't think he'll want to be labelled a quitter again (unfairly or otherwise). I think he'll be honest with the fans about what is happening though. If the money's not there, he'll say so.

Broadly agree.

But one has to wonder why the money wouldn't be there. Being competitive is the quickest way for MA to make his money back - selling or otherwise.

but they aren't.

Get real Mike

I agree. The cockney press would crucify him - Newcastle fans wouldn't though. Either way, its his last job in football.

but they aren't.

Get real Mike

I agree. The cockney press would crucify him - Newcastle fans wouldn't though. Either way, its his last job in football.

What's your gut feeling about how much there is to spend? Curious.

I don't know. I would just like to see them appreciate that its quality that counts, and not put a specific ceiling on it all.

For instance, if KK wants a player who costs say 12m quid, and thinks he's worth it [obviously] and the club say he's only got 9 left, then I would be very disappointed and even downhearted.

For this summer, I would hope that they would bring in at least 2 players who would go straight into the team and improve it a lot. If one or two others come in with potential, fair enough, but at least 2 to go straight in. Do you think that would do the trick

I don't know. I would just like to see them appreciate that its quality that counts, and not put a specific ceiling on it all.

For instance, if KK wants a player who costs say 12m quid, and thinks he's worth it [obviously] and the club say he's only got 9 left, then I would be very disappointed and even downhearted.

For this summer, I would hope that they would bring in at least 2 players who would go straight into the team and improve it a lot. If one or two others come in with potential, fair enough, but at least 2 to go straight in. Do you think that would do the trick

Personally speaking I'd say we need 5 to go straight in.

CD

Creative MC

DM

Target man type to replace Viduka. - Zigic?

Right midfield. - Lennon ?

After this I'd accept 2 squad players with potential: Deridyok and Larsson for example.

Whatever other rascals Wise finds in the bushes.

*Nicos will strike me down for this I'm sure. <_<

Edited by Park Life

Well, we can get away with the back four we have, but any injuries and we're knackered. We could even arguably get away with keeping Milner, Duff & Zog for the wings if we are that skint. But, I think a new CF and a creative midfielder are a must. this is, on the assumption we will go 442. Or, do you think KK liked his new system so much he will try to keep it this season as well? I thought it was just him making the best from what he had.

Well, we can get away with the back four we have, but any injuries and we're knackered. We could even arguably get away with keeping Milner, Duff & Zog for the wings if we are that skint. But, I think a new CF and a creative midfielder are a must. this is, on the assumption we will go 442. Or, do you think KK liked his new system so much he will try to keep it this season as well? I thought it was just him making the best from what he had.

I personally like a rotating 433 more or less as we played it last term. Where a forward drops into mf when we lose the ball or to be available to a def bringing the ball out in the first attacking phase. Normally the target man stays pretty much in the middle and the other forward makes himself available wider (he can alternate sides for this). In this system Oba becomes a weakness as he really has little idea where he should be on the park.