Fifa 09

swindont

Having not played online in a while I thought I would give it a go to see if anything is different. Sure enough my first opponent picks Man United, plays Ronaldo upfront, and scores by running to the byline then passing it back for his other striker to tap into an empty net. Fuck that. I don't even bother staying when cunts play like that. Not bothered if my DNF goes up. It isn't that I am adverse to losing, because I will happily lose a well fought game, but when people use Ronaldo like that it just takes the piss.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Online players took on a whole new level of annoyingness today. Played some American who in the whole build up was saying things like "You're going down!" and other random crap like that. I was England and he was Portugal, and within 12 minutes I was 3-0 up. He pauses the game and I turn on my mic to ask if he is going to quit. He replies "Wanker" and then goes and quit.

People shouldn't talk the talk if they aren't going to walk the walk.

I'm finding it hard to play a game where the other person doesn't quit. I beat United 1-0 the other day, and the guy wanted a rematch. He went 1-0 up, but I equalised with a great individual effort from Guttierez in around the 65th minute and he decided to quit :|

Just going to have to turn up the skills from the player playing the game then :lol: Will give me even greater satisfaction to be beating Man United with our Championship side!

Are there any tips I should be looking for defending? I can score a good few goals on Legendary but it's all cancelled out by me conceding stupid goals, mostly headers that my defenders don't get or them making a mess of my defender and cutting through and scoring.

Any help?

play lots of matches offline, lower the difficulty settings, once you are hammering teams, move it back up and so on.

I find holding the "x" button at the right times (XBOX) to call in for a player to help is a great way to defend. When players are coming towards you don't both diving in. Use the Pace Control button and wait until you can nip in to make the tackle. Also understand when it is right to use the sliding tackle, but that should really only be used as a last ditch effort.

I've found lately that jockeying works a treat. RT button on xbox. Players against me keep going one way, back the other, while my defender just moves about 3 steps before making the tackle at the perfect time.

I was 2-0 up at half time the bloke quits...

Next game...

I was 4-0 up at half time the bloke quits...

WHY EVEN PLAY IF YOU ARE GOING TO QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aye I don't get it either. I play one game and lose 2-0. Fair enough - at least I stayed til the end. Next game I go 4-0 up against Liverpool and the guy quits. Game after that I go 2-0 up and he quits. Game after that, and the worse one, I got 1-0 up and the guy quits :|

Just been beating Barca 3-0 and the guy has quit, so I have given up. One of the people that didn't quit actually came back from 2-0 down and beat me on penalties. Fair play to him.

Getting a little sick of online now. I stay for games that I lose 5-1. I go three nil up in the first half and the other guy quits. In the last 10 games I've played I've technically beaten no one because they quit before the end. Its getting ridiculous, and they need something new in Fifa 10 to stop it happening.

Revolver I strongly advise you to give up my friend. Its ridiculous but if you can't deal with it, which I some how have, you might as well shit on the disc and sling it out the window. Then pray that there's harsher penalty's imposed on quitters in Fifa 10.

Edited by ChriszyD

Now and again though I find a rare gem who I play for around 4-5 matches in a row of which all are well competed in even if one of the players ends up going down by about 3 goals. It is players like that that keep me just a little bit addicted.

Fifa 10 should flash up some sort of "Hold tightly onto your controller" message when a player quits and then give them an electric shock or something. Or they should just disallow quitting all together and remove the possibility from the menu. Granted that sometimes you do have a genuine reason for leaving a game, but that is normally something like you have to go away from the XBOX so turning it off wouldn't be too much of a hinderence. At least then people who want to continue playing would have to turn off the console and then turn it back on again to get playing again.

There is a "did not finish" percentage on Fifa 09, but you can only see it if you are on the online BAP. I might start my own personal named and shamed list in this very post, and just edit in the names of all the gamer tags that have quit on me. Otherwise I will just carry on what I already do, and sending them a "cunt" message when they quit.

Maybe Fifa 10 should have a cool-down period after games. So, for example, if a player quits in the first half there is a 5-10 Minute cool down before he can play another game. If they quit as the game nears the end it should either become greater or become less, depending on what is seen as worse. Would make people think twice about quitting if a cool-down is placed so that they have to wait 20 minutes or so before they come to playing another match. It should be saved somewhere, too, so that turning the XBOX on and off wouldn't work.