Poll - What would make you march?

Douggy B

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is rare that I post on here but, as a geordie, having lived in London for the past 9 years, can I just say that this Fanny B bloke typifies the majority of Spurs fans I have encountered down here.

When it comes to London teams (and I can only speak of people I know), the best fans are Arsenal ones as they are the most realistic and generally fairly knowledgeable, West Ham fans are ok as they are genuine football fans, Chelsea fans are by and large ok, Charlton and Fulham fans are inoffensive and generally apologetic about how pish thier teams are. The Spurs fans I know, while generally nice blokes (ok, so that's where the comparison with Fanny B breaks down), when it comes to Spurs, become deluded huge chip on shoulder f*ckwits. Whoever called them cockney mackems had it spot on. Living in the shadow of Arsenal and Chelsea really grates with them as they know that their rivals will always be better than them, and this turns them into foaming at the mouth, insecure imbeciles, like Fanny B. Other people may have other views, but I can only speak of the people I know down here who support these clubs.

Phew, I'm pleased I go that off my chest!

For the record, being realistic, I believe that Spurs are in better shape than us at the moment (even if they do guarantee us six points a season). That said, I'd far rather be a Toon fan than a Spurs fan.

The only organised protest I can remember at St James' was instigated by Man U fans.

The Glazer debacle?

Nope, the standing through the game thing.

Didn't want to jeopardise their own safety cerificate by holding the protest at Old Trafford.

Guest Stevie
Demanding the head of your new owner on a platter? HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING

A: If Spiderman was your big signing of the summer?

B: If Spiderman was your big signing of the season?

C: If the Mackems outspent you?

D: If KK walks for lack of support?

E: If the Mackems finished above you?

F: If MA admits that wearing the shirt and standing amongst the fans was a "cheap ploy" to get you onside?

I cant do polls, so this will have to do.

Danny Demanding the head of your new owner on a platter? HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING

A: If you signed a German centre forward with Heil Hitler tattooed on his forhead

B: If you sold White Hart Lane to muslims to build a mosque and bought London's biggest synagogue to be demolished and a ground built there.

C: If every Tottenham fan had to prove they'd be been circumsized before every game to gain entrance

D: Fuck off you posh Surrey mug

It is rare that I post on here but, as a geordie, having lived in London for the past 9 years, can I just say that this Fanny B bloke typifies the majority of Spurs fans I have encountered down here.

When it comes to London teams (and I can only speak of people I know), the best fans are Arsenal ones as they are the most realistic and generally fairly knowledgeable, West Ham fans are ok as they are genuine football fans, Chelsea fans are by and large ok, Charlton and Fulham fans are inoffensive and generally apologetic about how pish thier teams are. The Spurs fans I know, while generally nice blokes (ok, so that's where the comparison with Fanny B breaks down), when it comes to Spurs, become deluded huge chip on shoulder f*ckwits. Whoever called them cockney mackems had it spot on. Living in the shadow of Arsenal and Chelsea really grates with them as they know that their rivals will always be better than them, and this turns them into foaming at the mouth, insecure imbeciles, like Fanny B. Other people may have other views, but I can only speak of the people I know down here who support these clubs.

Phew, I'm pleased I go that off my chest!

For the record, being realistic, I believe that Spurs are in better shape than us at the moment (even if they do guarantee us six points a season). That said, I'd far rather be a Toon fan than a Spurs fan.

Having lived in London for about 15 years I'd agree with all of that. As an aside I'd say that Arsenal fans are level headed but insanely boring, the kind of people who are never overdrawn at the bank, never get their credit cards out in strip clubs and drink girly drinks. Spurs boys are always more of a laugh for the things you've mentioned. My fav London fans and geezers who can bring an edge to any evening are Millwall....Born nutters but once on your side can be relied on in any scenario. ;):razz::lol:

Having lived in London for about 15 years I'd agree with all of that. As an aside I'd say that Arsenal fans are level headed but insanely boring, the kind of people who are never overdrawn at the bank, never get their credit cards out in strip clubs and drink girly drinks. Spurs boys are always more of a laugh for the things you've mentioned. My fav London fans and geezers who can bring an edge to any evening are Millwall....Born nutters but once on your side can be relied on in any scenario. ;):razz::lol:

I watch our Sky/Setanta games in a Millwall pub. (Knuckle-)cracking atmosphere.

I take my hat off to you Sir! :blush:

The other thing about them is their unpredictability. I remember them sticking up for a lone black girl getting grief on a bus from some wasters who were sharply made aware of the fact that they should value all that goes with remaing conscious for the rest of the journey. :)

There's no need for the anti-semitic chat like.

This guy provides us with more than enough material than to have to resort to that.

No offence Billy but you think Arsenal fans are knowledgeable? Most don't know football even existed prior to 2000.

Maybe it just because they agree blindly with the tripe you lot feed them on a daily basis. Where as we pull you up on what your peddling.

The self proclaimed "best fans in the world". Toot toot, sponge fingers, jester hats and airhorns all round.

This guy provides us with more than enough material than to have to resort to that.

No offence Billy but you think Arsenal fans are knowledgeable? Most don't know football even existed prior to 2000.

Maybe it just because they agree blindly with the tripe you lot feed them on a daily basis. Where as we pull you up on what your peddling.

The self proclaimed "best fans in the world". Toot toot, sponge fingers, jester hats and airhorns all round.

What the fuck are you on about now?

I lived in north west London between 98 and 07 and made a lot of friends, mostly arsenal, all in their late 30's early 40's. The Spurs fans i met all turned into wankers when it came to football. Never liked them long before i met the boring juvenile types on football forums. One was called Gerald and was a lanky, sneering twat. Its not you is it?

Edited by ChezGiven

What the fuck are you on about now?

I lived in north west London between 98 and 07 and made a lot of friends, mostly arsenal, all in their late 30's early 40's. The Spurs fans i met all turned into wankers when it came to football. Never liked them long before i met the boring juvenile types on football forums. One was called Gerald and was a lanky, sneering twat. Its not you is it?

;)

As I said in my original post, I can only talk about the fans of those teams that I know, I am not making a generalisation, I am just relating my personal experiences based on people I have met. My Arsenal supporting mates are, by and large, knowledgeable and have pretty realistic expectations. The Spurs fans I know are neither of the two.

I just put the chip on their shoulder down to Spurs being in the shadow of bigger rivals, much in the same way Sunderland, Everton and Birmingham City fans behave. The way you are is understandable. Add in the fact that you have a snidey little ground just off the Severn Sisters Road (the only place in the world where fried chicken shops outnumber people), and my understanding of why you are like you are turns to pity.

Sponge fingers and air horns? What on earth are you prattling about man?

Edited by Billy Whitehurst

Danny you weally are a mug if you fink Geowdies loiks aiw howns and the loiks. y'getme?

Is that west country? :razz:

;) Loadsamoney meets The Wurzels.

Guest Stevie
Having lived in London for about 15 years I'd agree with all of that. As an aside I'd say that Arsenal fans are level headed but insanely boring, the kind of people who are never overdrawn at the bank, never get their credit cards out in strip clubs and drink girly drinks. Spurs boys are always more of a laugh for the things you've mentioned. My fav London fans and geezers who can bring an edge to any evening are Millwall....Born nutters but once on your side can be relied on in any scenario. :razz::lol::blush:

What an inspired description of a typical Arsenal fan. ;) It's so fucking true, they're all boring boring cunts, who read the Guardian and actually discuss the idea of calling one of their kids Tarquin.

My two fav sets of London fans for the same reason as yours, are Millwall and Brentford.

What pub?

Guest Stevie

I don't know if we're the best fans in the world, but I do know your support is one of the worst in the Premiership, you're a nothing club with shit support and always will be. The average Tottenham fan is a cunt, there's nothing really more to add.

Danny you weally are a mug if you fink Geowdies loiks aiw howns and the loiks. y'getme?

Is that west country? :lol:

:razz: Loadsamoney meets The Wurzels.

accents aren't my forte ;)

Is that west country? :blush:

:razz: Loadsamoney meets The Wurzels.

accents aren't my forte ;)

You're more into losing them tbf :lol: