Wise, Wisey, Denny boy, Dennis the menace, Dangermouse.

Park Life

Danny, you're wrong.

It's ok.

The problem is, most of you won't have a grounding in business, so you won't know what an executive director is, however rest assured I'm right.

;) Fuck off. What do you do for a living like?

Oh no. :razz:

:lol: Since t' mines closed, Im claiming diasibility, sitting round in my underwear drinking eight Newcy Broon a day, posting on here.

Stevie, stop opening multiple accounts.

:blush: him and his alter ego are going to be down on you like a ton of bricks.

Edited by Danny B

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not so sure. Very similar yes. Exactly the same? no. I dont think he is involved with first team affairs. A DoF is. Otherwise its similar in respect of Youth team and scouting etc. A DoF might look after a certain budget, not sure if Wise is.

Executive director insinuates that he is in charge of the footballing vision and strategy of your club, top to bottom.

Ok, look.

Telegraph:

Dennis Wise will more than treble his salary after yesterday agreeing to leave the manager's office at Leeds United for a powerful, wide-ranging executive position in the corridors of power at Newcastle.

The former Wimbledon midfielder has been lured to St James' Park by the prospect of a £1.5 million salary that dwarfs his £450,000 deal at Elland Road. He will oversee transfers, scouting and youth development for Newcastle's billionaire owner Mike Ashley.

Times:

However, as expected, he will have no day-to-day involvement on the playing side as manager Kevin Keegan and his staff attempt to restore the club's fortunes on the field.

Getting the picture yet? You are describing a stereo-typical Director of Football. If he was a typical Executive Director (of Football) then you would also expect him to look after everything football. But he's not. His title may be Executive Director [Football] which separates him from the other commercial aspects of the business that an Executive Director may look after.

Thing is, there is no hard written rule that says this [role title] must do this [job description]. The role is exactly what Ashley wants it to be. In this case, reading news reports, its seem its is connected to transfers, scouting and youth, but not day to day first team affairs. Call him ED[F], or call him a DoF. It matters not at all. His role is as above, no matter what badge you stick on him.

Which is exactly what I said. He wont get involved with coaching but he is in charge of transfers which affects the first team does it not? What you have described above is a DOF role.

Danny, you're wrong.

It's ok.

The problem is, most of you won't have a grounding in business, so you won't know what an executive director is, however rest assured I'm right.

I reckon Danny's been on one of them Learn Direct courses.

That or GNVQ Business Studies.

Danny, you're wrong.

It's ok.

Come on fellas Im only kidding, I know you have industry up there now, even banking.

How is Northern Rock getting along?

Edited by Danny B

Danny, you're wrong.

It's ok.

More like he watched the first series of The Apprentice.

Danny, you're wrong.

It's ok.

Come on fellas Im only kidding, I know you have industry up there now, even banking.

How is Northern Rock getting along up there?

Gemmill's fucked it.

Danny, you're wrong.

It's ok.

Don't you have to have sat your GCSE's before you do GNVQ?

Danny, you're wrong.

It's ok.

Gemmill's fucked it.

:razz:

Danny, you're wrong.

It's ok.

Gemmill's fucked it.

:razz:

Well it was either that or let his virginity grow back.

Aaron Spear is ready to snub Everton and Arsenal and move to Newcastle for an initial £250,000.

The 15-year-old Plymouth striker has been in demand but significantly, the increasingly influential Dennis Wise met the player’s family and took them to Tyneside.

'We spent a couple of days up in Newcastle and met with Dennis Wise and we were very impressed by what he had to offer,' said his mother Caroline.

'A number of clubs had expressed an interest in Aaron, but he has decided he wants to go to Newcastle.'

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/articl...enal/article.do

Gutierrez – signed by Kevin Keegan from Real Mallorca – was given the option to head back to Palma at the weekend when Newcastle visited Hartlepool, but opted to stay on and get to know his team-mates during the trip to Victoria Park.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcas...72703-21389439/

;)

Keep clutching at straws. It always makes me laugh when it says Ramos negotiates the contracts at Spurs.

There are alot of know nothing journos out there.

Im not so sure. Very similar yes. Exactly the same? no. I dont think he is involved with first team affairs. A DoF is. Otherwise its similar in respect of Youth team and scouting etc. A DoF might look after a certain budget, not sure if Wise is.

Executive director insinuates that he is in charge of the footballing vision and strategy of your club, top to bottom.

Ok, look.

Telegraph:

Dennis Wise will more than treble his salary after yesterday agreeing to leave the manager's office at Leeds United for a powerful, wide-ranging executive position in the corridors of power at Newcastle.

The former Wimbledon midfielder has been lured to St James' Park by the prospect of a £1.5 million salary that dwarfs his £450,000 deal at Elland Road. He will oversee transfers, scouting and youth development for Newcastle's billionaire owner Mike Ashley.

Times:

However, as expected, he will have no day-to-day involvement on the playing side as manager Kevin Keegan and his staff attempt to restore the club's fortunes on the field.

Getting the picture yet? You are describing a stereo-typical Director of Football. If he was a typical Executive Director (of Football) then you would also expect him to look after everything football. But he's not. His title may be Executive Director [Football] which separates him from the other commercial aspects of the business that an Executive Director may look after.

Thing is, there is no hard written rule that says this [role title] must do this [job description]. The role is exactly what Ashley wants it to be. In this case, reading news reports, its seem its is connected to transfers, scouting and youth, but not day to day first team affairs. Call him ED[F], or call him a DoF. It matters not at all. His role is as above, no matter what badge you stick on him.

Which is exactly what I said. He wont get involved with coaching but he is in charge of transfers which affects the first team does it not? What you have described above is a DOF role.

I dont disagree with you all together. He is called Exec director but yes, his role would be more or less as a stereo typical DoF but of course each post may differ slightly. Mind, thats not what the thread was about. Its whether he would be effective in that role.

His name came up on the golf course today when I played a round. After chipping onto the green my playing partner told me I had left myself with a "bit of a Dennis Wise" when I asked him what it was, he replied "A nasty little five footer".

:icon_lol:

Well I guess you had to be there.

:icon_lol:

Well I guess you had to be there.

Being a cunt would probably help, too.

Do you need me to explain the game of golf? It may help.

Where you playing miniature golf btw Danny?

It was in a place in Berkshire called Sonning.

Very nice too.

I've driven through Sonning Common, all the houses looked a bit like the ones in Southfield Green in Cramlington, which was a little surreal.