Wise, Wisey, Denny boy, Dennis the menace, Dangermouse.

Park Life

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then the question you have to ask yourself is: If Wise is nothing more than a scout, why did he leave the number one job at Leeds?

Wise isn't a scout.

Chief scout then. Either way its hardly the same as being the main man at a club. I know what I would rather.

;) ... because he moved to the PL and gets more money. Hardly rocket science.

Shows how much you know about the game.

What, so he didn't move to PL and he took a job for less money did he? Aye, I reckon you're right.

What, so he didn't move to PL and he took a job for less money did he? Aye, I reckon you're right.

No he moved for a directors role at Newcastle.

Im sorry but no one can tell me they would leave the hot seat at a massive club at Leeds to be a scout at NUFC no matter what the pay off.

Im sorry but no one can tell me they would leave the hot seat at a massive club at Leeds to be a scout at NUFC no matter what the pay off.

There's more to his role than just being a scout though, which is what people are actually telling you. That's ignoring the situation at Leeds which mitigates somewhat against the fact it's such a 'massive club' as you put it. He's also based in London and I would imagine it's a much less stressful job. I'm speculating here of course, but so are you.

There's more to his role than just being a scout though, which is what people are actually telling you. That's ignoring the situation at Leeds which mitigates somewhat against the fact it's such a 'massive club' as you put it. He's also based in London and I would imagine it's a much less stressful job. I'm speculating here of course, but so are you.

Exactly he is, he is the director of football, all signings have to go through him. Don't wrote him off until you see what he can do.

Exactly he is, he is the director of football, all signings have to go through him. Don't wrote him off until you see what he can do.

Where have I written him off btw? He doesn't have the title DoF. Again, mischievous speculation on your part. His role is somewhat unclear imo.

He's not a scout though, his role is what you would call a general manager who gets the final say on things at the academy and is responsible for the scouts, gets to bring in young players for trials etc.

Which to me is a good thing considering that Keegan had very little interest in the youth team and reserves when he was here previously.

He's not a scout though, his role is what you would call a general manager who gets the final say on things at the academy and is responsible for the scouts, gets to bring in young players for trials etc.

Which to me is a good thing considering that Keegan had very little interest in the youth team and reserves when he was here previously.

If you're saying Jimenez and Vetere are first team player spotters and then KK runs the rule over it then I'd be happy with that. If as you are intimating he is also involved in discussions with players all the better. What niggles me though is his constant reiteration that he needs more players. Who is he talking to? Himself?

Danny yet again you keep calling Wise DoF, he's not as others have told you. If you honestly don't wish to be seen as a WUM don't keep trying it on with comments you know aren't true.

And why did he leave Leeds? I think you might find one of the major factors now sits on Spurs bench and Wise knew he wasn't up to the job of manager.

Edited by sammynb

Danny yet again you keep calling Wise DoF, he's not as others have told you. If you honestly don't wish to be seen as a WUM don't keep trying it on with comments you know aren't true.

And why did he leave Leeds? I think you might find one of the major factors now sits on Spurs bench and Wise knew he wasn't up to the job of manager.

Yup.

His job title in executive director in charge of Football. Call it what you like but to me thats a DOF.

Gus is a good coach but surely Leeds success couldnt be laid all at his door could it?

His job title in executive director in charge of Football. Call it what you like but to me thats a DOF.

Gus is a good coach but surely Leeds success couldnt be laid all at his door could it?

Danny if he was DoF, he'd be called DoF, surely you can understand that?

It's not as if Prince owns the copyright ;)

And allegedly, yes it was all laid at Gus's door.

Executive Director in Charge of Football.

Its like calling an ice cream a cornetto, it still keeps you cool in summer, but affectively, its just an ice cream.

Its like calling an ice cream a cornetto, it still keeps you cool in summer, but affectively, its just an ice cream.

I'm working with millions of people to bring an end to famine across the world.

or

I'm working with millions of people to bring an end to famine across the world.

You're a fucking idiot Danny B :razz:

Danny don't take this the wrong way but

Fuck off he's not Newcastle's DoF, no matter how YOU want to interpret it.

Here don't believe me, read it for yourself:

Old news

or

Fact not fiction

Really? Am I? Would you prefer it if I sugared the pill for you? Look it doesnt matter what Wise's role is at NUFC, Ashley knows where he wants his business to be 2 years down the line and it isnt with a squad full of players on 100K/week contracts. Wise / KK know what kind of player they can afford / attract. I can absolutely guarantee you that you wont be buying any big names this summer, that was a FFS trick to keep the fans onside. Get sensible, good quality players in on sensible wages and build up slowly.

Really? Am I? Would you prefer it if I sugared the pill for you? Look it doesnt matter what Wise's role is at NUFC, Ashley knows where he wants his business to be 2 years down the line and it isnt with a squad full of players on 100K/week contracts. Wise / KK know what kind of player they can afford / attract. I can absolutely guarantee you that you wont be buying any big names this summer, that was a FFS trick to keep the fans onside. Get sensible, good quality players in on sensible wages and build up slowly.

tee hee

If you're saying Jimenez and Vetere are first team player spotters and then KK runs the rule over it then I'd be happy with that. If as you are intimating he is also involved in discussions with players all the better. What niggles me though is his constant reiteration that he needs more players. Who is he talking to? Himself?

Jimenez is employed on a part time basis to negotiate deals and has nothing to do with spotting talent, my guess would be Keegan's comments are directed towards him as he is responsible for negotiating transfer fee's.

I thought you'd accepted the situation when you didn't respond to this Danny....

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=486941

Wiki, the font of all knowledge. ;)

Written by the fans for the fans.

Why dont you drop an email to the club PR department and aske what your Executive Director (Football) role entails in relation to signing players.

I am sure they will give you an answer (similar to the one I have given you)