Rafa Clueless Benitez?

triggy99

Why'd Benitez sell him then? :rolleyes:

He always wanted to play the same system he played at Valencia but never had the right players. Crouch was never going to fit in to the 4-2-3-1 although he'd still liked to have kept him. Crouch wouldn't sign a new contract and Rafa needed to raise money.

It was tongue-in-cheek but it suggests he doesn't fit in with Benitez's vision of what is the sort of player needed to challenge for the league. And he'd have signed a new contract if he thought he wasn't going to spend another season warming the bench for you lot, I'd have thought.

I'd agree to an extent but Benitez likes to have lots of options and to change the system in the middle of a match if it's not working. Crouch fell in to the option category. Nobody gets guarantees not to warm the bench, even before they sign they are put straight on his rotation policy.

I think he possibly saw Crouch as the sort of target man able to play in a 4-2-3-1 when he bought him. He's not really blessed with the required athleticism though. He was criminally underused in recent times in any case imo. Canny player and he seems like a decent lad too. Good luck to him.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to buy better players of course :rolleyes:

Torres what was your opinion on the game last night and were you impressed with Robbie Keanes "performance"?

Torres what was your opinion on the game last night and were you impressed with Robbie Keanes "performance"?

He only played a half but looked lively. He seemed kinda nervous and fluffed a good chance; will prove to be a terrific signing for us though.

I was even more impressed with N'gog who is a very interesting prospect at 19 ... a steal at 1.5 million.

He only played a half but looked lively. He seemed kinda nervous and fluffed a good chance; will prove to be a terrific signing for us though.

I was even more impressed with N'gog who is a very interesting prospect at 19 ... a steal at 1.5 million.

I thought your best player (I only saw the first half) was that young defender. Probably says something about your performance last night.

I thought your best player (I only saw the first half) was that young defender. Probably says something about your performance last night.

It's a pre-season friendly ffs ... Darby and Spearing look like very good prospects, but the ones to watch are Nemeth and Pachero (another Torres in the making). Did L.O. beat your lot? (I wouldn't have watched it even if it were worthy of coverage). :rolleyes:

It's a pre-season friendly ffs ... Darby and Spearing look like very good prospects, but the ones to watch are Nemeth and Pachero (another Torres in the making). Did L.O. beat your lot? (I wouldn't have watched it even if it were worthy of coverage). :rolleyes:

Darby, that was it. He looked alright. No we beat Orient 5-1.

7 goals in two games for the mighty Bent. Robbie who?

Edited by Danny B

7 goals in two games for the might Bent. Robbie who?

Bent ... we were strongly linked with him a season or two ago.So glad that didn't happen.

Bent ... we were strongly linked with him a season or two ago.So glad that didn't happen.

Why?

Why?

I think he's not capable of stepping up a level and would be no use in the CL.

to buy better players of course :no

Why?

Correct, a bit like Keane :rolleyes:

Why?

And Robbie Keane is?

A terrific squad player of course.

:rolleyes: So what is it Torres? Robbie Keane, rubbish or good?

Good ... squad player.

:no

We'll see. :rolleyes:

Keane has already stepped up a level.

Trust me, I have watched him for six seasons, hes not a cl class striker.

I don't think that will be his role anyway ... and he'll improve with better players around him.

He was bought to feed the best striker in the world, not to be it.

I don't think that will be his role anyway ... and he'll improve with better players around him.

:rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

Then you bought the wrong one mate. RKs assist rate was well below that of Berbatov last season.

Good ... squad player.

:no

Haven't said anything different. :icon_lol: He is a good squad player who has great potential and can move up a level.

to buy better players of course :no

Good ... squad player.

:icon_lol:

Haven't said anything different. :icon_lol: He is a good squad player who has great potential and can move up a level.

:rolleyes: You're both the same. Class player once they've joined your club, not good enough once they've left. Try and get some objectivity you two, if you know what it means.

But you don't rate him as good enough to get in your starting XI?

That depends on too many factors ... at liverpool you need a starting 16.

But you don't rate him as good enough to get in your starting XI?

That depends on too many factors ... at liverpool you need a starting 16.

Keep digging.