Rafa Clueless Benitez?

triggy99

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benitez is a magician man!

Each year he disappears from the title race.

good player, but too expensive, rather have Bentley for that sort of money.

Anyway, how long before the tosser starts bleating on about not having any money again.

As I've said previously in this (or another thread) Keane and Barry are both good players but I'm not convinced either will take Liverpool to the 'next level' as it were. Both ovepriced as well.

Liverpool will never win the title with Benitez.

Like you'd know! :icon_lol:

Do you actually remember the last time you won the title? As in did you actually experience it?

Do you actually remember the last time you won the title? As in did you actually experience it?

Yes I do. Yes I did. I can remember as far back as 1982.

Edited by Torres

However, a statement on the Spurs website read: "Liverpool FC have acknowledged that the way its website reported comments of its manager, which were widely covered by the media, was inappropriate and in light of that acknowledgement has apologised and agreed to make a donation to our Club's main charity, the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation.

"Tottenham Hotspur has therefore agreed not to pursue its official complaint to the Premier League."

I don't regard it as a transfer deal - that is something which happens between two clubs when they both agree to trade - this is very much an enforced sale

"I have already made my opinion clear on the nature of this transaction.

"I don't regard it as a transfer deal - that is something which happens between two clubs when they both agree to trade - this is very much an enforced sale, for which we have agreed a sum of £19m as compensation plus a potential further £1.3m in additional compensation."

I thought I had © on this thread title. :icon_lol:

I really should bump your one about him over on N-O about that fat lad who has been singing the longest warm up act ever. :icon_lol:

As I've said previously in this (or another thread) Keane and Barry are both good players but I'm not convinced either will take Liverpool to the 'next level' as it were. Both ovepriced as well.

That's partially why I believe Benitez won't win the title - Torres aside, he seems unable to sign players of the quality that Man Utd and Chelsea have. His desire to spend nearly £40m on two very good but not great premiership players reinforces this. It's a bit puzzling because I thought previously that he was trying to do it on the cheap, but apparently Liverpool are willing to splash the cash - just on the wrong players!

Why am I any less qualified to comment than you? You haven't been seriously in the title race for years, Rafa can't or won't sign players that are good enough also has his rotation system that may save legs for end of season cup runs but is impossible to win the league with.

Keane is one of the best strikers in the Premier League in my opinion, a great signing for Liverpool.

I wouldn't have gone that far but he is a great signing (as regards PL experience) with 4 or 5 good years left in him.

I see it as a very similar situation to when Man Utd bought Sheringham. Is he worth £20m? Compare him to what Liverpool paid for Torres 12 months ago then probably not. Compare him to what Man Utd paid for Veron though and he could be good value for money - it's all relative these days, especially if either Kaka or Ronaldo move this summer....

In terms of the player, I think he's a brilliant acquisition for them...

I don't think he's a signing to take them to that next level if you well, this also means all we are going to hear 'Stevie G' and the press harp on about now is Gerrard obviously being played out of position wherever he plays.

That's partially why I believe Benitez won't win the title - Torres aside, he seems unable to sign players of the quality that Man Utd and Chelsea have. His desire to spend nearly £40m on two very good but not great premiership players reinforces this. It's a bit puzzling because I thought previously that he was trying to do it on the cheap, but apparently Liverpool are willing to splash the cash - just on the wrong players!

Why am I any less qualified to comment than you? You haven't been seriously in the title race for years, Rafa can't or won't sign players that are good enough also has his rotation system that may save legs for end of season cup runs but is impossible to win the league with.

Bet you were saying the same this time last year when he bought Torres or the year before when he bought Crouch. Why do you think you're superior to Rafa and know better than him what players will fit in to his team?

He lost 4 games last season, two of which were against Manure, one of the top teams we have to beat to be in with a chance. Having watched his team building progress for the last 4 years I think he can do it, given the time.

Seems a lot of money to me for Keane.

Anyway, all of that's a side issue. The really important question is whether Keane's goal celebration is the worst in the Prem and possibly the entire world? A combination of crappy movements into one great big crappy & embarrassing whole....the sort of thing you do with your trousers round your ankles when you've had a few too many. And all yours for 20 mill :icon_lol: