Rafa Clueless Benitez?

triggy99

Robbie Keane, Tottenham to Liverpool - Insider says: 5/5

Spurs boss Juande Ramos withdrew Keane from the squad to face Hercules in Spain on Thursday night even though he is fully fit, and then refused to talk about him afterwards, so all the signs are that a move is imminent — possibly over the weekend or early next week. The initial fee will be £18m but could rise to £20m if Liverpool win the title or Champions League while Keane is at Anfield. At least Ramos can now go out and buy David Bentley and still have a couple of million to spare.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/footba...s.html?ITO=1490

Probably aload of rubbish but funny if true.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa clearly sees a key role for him. Overpriced ... but then again, most PL players are drastically overpriced as I'm sure you guys are very well aware.

Another 20 mil for spurs to waste on second rate players. Keane didn't need to be asked twice to jump at the chance to join a real football club.

yawntastic, Im sure the extra money wont hurt either.

You are welcome to him.

Now, now ... don't be bitter... ;)

The role of feeder club suits spurs.

Edited by Torres

Keane is one of the best strikers in the Premier League in my opinion, a great signing for Liverpool.

decent striker. worth no where near 20mil. If liverpool are looking to to win the league they need to be looking for better players than him, especially at that price

Keane is one of the best strikers in the Premier League in my opinion, a great signing for Liverpool.

I wouldn't have gone that far but he is a great signing (as regards PL experience) with 4 or 5 good years left in him.

Id have him here in a shot like.

Mind, not for £20M ;)

In today's market it's not excessive for a player with his experience in the PL.

For a 28 year old with little resale value it's a lot.

Mind, not for £20M ;)

In today's market it's not excessive for a player with his experience in the PL.

Probably a better deal than ours for Owen tbf.

Mind, not for £20M ;)

I agree. I think he's got 4 seasons left in the tank and will be a great link up player for Stevie, Torres, Babel, N'gog and Kyut ... and maybe Barry.

Hence why no other team was silly enough to match our bid.

Strange thing for Liverpool to do though, especially when they value Gareth Barry at less than £18M?

;)

We really need a player in that position. If Barry doesn't come we still have more than enough players in that position, so it's not urgent.

Mind, not for £20M ;)

I agree. I think he's got 4 seasons left in the tank and will be a great link up player for Stevie, Torres, Babel, N'gog and Kyut ... and maybe Barry.

In hindsight yes, not necessarily at the time.

I didnt realise N'Gog had signed for Liverpool.

I suggested him as a target for us last year. Decent player.

I think so too and at 1.5 mil could be the steal of the decade. Very young, quick, strong and technically good ... exciting times ahead.

I didnt realise N'Gog had signed for Liverpool.

I suggested him as a target for us last year. Decent player.

I think so too and at 1.5 mil could be the steal of the decade. Very young, quick, strong and technically good ... exciting times ahead.

;)

He's decent, but 20m? No way. Probably 2x what he's worth (although Premiership madness seems to have no end re: price tags).