Rafa Clueless Benitez?

triggy99

I didnt realise N'Gog had signed for Liverpool.

I suggested him as a target for us last year. Decent player.

I think so too and at 1.5 mil could be the steal of the decade. Very young, quick, strong and technically good ... exciting times ahead.

Le Guen often played him on the right of a front 3 with Pauletta in the middle. Looked very good there, I remember he had a blinder in one of the cup games and won the match for PSG.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He improves their team quite a bit, very unselfish player and I can see him forming a very good partnership with Torres. Pretty much as safe a buy as you'll get, pretty much gauranteed to get you goals and contribute positively.

Good signing IMO.

He improves their team quite a bit, very unselfish player and I can see him forming a very good partnership with Torres. Pretty much as safe a buy as you'll get, pretty much gauranteed to get you goals and contribute positively.

Good signing IMO.

for 20 million?

Good signing IMO.

for 20 million?

Obviously they'd prefer to have gotten him for less than the 18m I believe they've payed, but I'd still be quite pleased with it if I were a Pool fan.

Much better value than Barry would have been for a similiar price, and like I said he's pretty much a cert to get them goals and improve their first team, rarely injured either as far as I recall. So yeah, decent signing as far as I can see.

Good signing IMO.

for 20 million?

Obviously they'd prefer to have gotten him for less than the 18m I believe they've payed, but I'd still be quite pleased with it if I were a Pool fan.

Much better value than Barry would have been for a similiar price, and like I said he's pretty much a cert to get them goals and improve their first team, rarely injured either as far as I recall. So yeah, decent signing as far as I can see.

Well said.

I am willing to bet my last pound that Robbie Keane will fail to make a significant impression at Liverpool.

He took two seasons to settle at Spurs. His league average is 13 goals a season.

He is an incredibly frustrating player and he cant beat a man. This might seem like sour grapes but trust me it isnt. He eventually made sense at Spurs.

He wont a Liverpool.

I am willing to bet my last pound that Robbie Keane will fail to make a significant impression at Liverpool.

He took two seasons to settle at Spurs. His league average is 13 goals a season.

He is an incredibly frustrating player and he cant beat a man. This might seem like sour grapes but trust me it isnt. He eventually made sense at Spurs.

He wont a Liverpool.

You did say as well that it would 'never happen' ... hope you didn't bet your last bob on that!

He'll be a better player at a far better club with far better players around him ... wait and see.

He wont a Liverpool.

You did say as well that it would 'never happen'

No i didnt you pleb.

I think so too and at 1.5 mil could be the steal of the decade. Very young, quick, strong and technically good ... exciting times ahead.

Le Guen often played him on the right of a front 3 with Pauletta in the middle. Looked very good there, I remember he had a blinder in one of the cup games and won the match for PSG.

Stop ;)-ing scousers. :razz:

He wont a Liverpool.

You did say as well that it would 'never happen'

No i didnt you pleb.

Yes you did ... you feeder-club bitch ... ;)

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...;hl=&st=150

Edited by Torres

Hey guys, new member here and Liverpool fan.

Now before you start getting the pitchforks and torches out, don't worry I'm here in a strictly non-WUM capacity. In fact I've always liked Newcastle United and so I signed up a while ago to have a look at your boards, see if it was worth me popping in to say hi from time to time. However you were under the worst stages of a certain 'Torres' poster at that point, so I was waiting for him to tone it down and the atmosphere to calm somewhat before I came started posting.

So yeah hi guys, I was just hoping to have a friendly bit of chat/banter, and get opinions off you for the new season. Please think of me as the "anti-Torres", cause even as a fellow Liverpool fan I find him highly irritating.

Oh and p.s. How do I join the Liverpool group? Just so I can get the icon up at the side and not get accused of pretending to be a Mag.

Cheers

SP

Every club has their cock supporters mate. Dont worry about him, he isnt even English.

PM an admin and they will update your group.

Hey guys, new member here and Liverpool fan.

Now before you start getting the pitchforks and torches out, don't worry I'm here in a strictly non-WUM capacity. In fact I've always liked Newcastle United and so I signed up a while ago to have a look at your boards, see if it was worth me popping in to say hi from time to time. However you were under the worst stages of a certain 'Torres' poster at that point, so I was waiting for him to tone it down and the atmosphere to calm somewhat before I came started posting.

So yeah hi guys, I was just hoping to have a friendly bit of chat/banter, and get opinions off you for the new season. Please think of me as the "anti-Torres", cause even as a fellow Liverpool fan I find him highly irritating.

Oh and p.s. How do I join the Liverpool group? Just so I can get the icon up at the side and not get accused of pretending to be a Mag.

Cheers

SP

Welcome to the forum mate. I've moved your group over to that of the Liverpool one.

Always good to see opposition fans come on here and give an honest opinion on ourselves and vice-versa.

Stop ;)-ing scousers. :razz:

Wanker.

Stop ;)-ing scousers. :lol:

Wanker.

:razz:

Welcome to the forum mate. I've moved your group over to that of the Liverpool one.

Always good to see opposition fans come on here and give an honest opinion on ourselves and vice-versa.

Cheers, nice to be made welcome ;)

On the issue at hand Robbie Keane, I think if you looked at it neutrally, he has to be normally worth £12-15 million.

Now, I'm a bit of a statto (apologies in advance), this is Robbie Keane's goalscoring record in the premier league.

Year / Apps /Goals

2007-2008 / 36 / 15

2006-2007 / 27 / 11

2005-2006 / 36 / 16

2004-2005 / 35 / 11

2003-2004 / 34 / 14

2002-2003 / 29 / 13

Now, this is the feats of our spectacular collection of backup strikers last year.

Dirk Kuyt

2007-2008 / 32 / 3

Peter Crouch

2007-2008 / 21 / 5

Andriy Voronin

2007-2008 / 19 / 5

Admittedly they don't tell the whole story (e.g. Kuyt was played as a right midfielder all season, Kuyt and Crouch scored a lot more goals in the cups unlike Voronin, Crouch appeared off the sub's bench more than the other 2), but they do illustrate just how impressive Robbie Keane's goalscoring record is. I believe Liverpool are willing to overpay in his particular case, simply because Keane is the player we need right now, I have absolutely no confidence in any of the others deputising for Torres. We really do need a backup. I forsee absolutely no reason why Keane won't score 15+ league goals for Liverpool this season (particularly if he forms any kind of understanding with Gerrard or Torres), and I'll bet my house he'll score more than any of the clowns mentioned above.

In for example, Gareth Barry's case we are not willing to overpay because he is a luxury. We really want him, but ultimately he is someone we can take him or leave him (looking at the players we have for his position).

Keane isn't worth £18-20 million, but I can gladly accept we're prepared to pay that simply for what he can do for our team.

Edited by SuspectPackage

Every club has their cock supporters mate. Dont worry about him, he isnt even English.

PM an admin and they will update your group.

... and every club has it's little bitches (English in this case) :icon_lol:

Cheers, nice to be made welcome :icon_lol:

On the issue at hand Robbie Keane, I think if you looked at it neutrally, he has to be normally worth £12-15 million.

Now, I'm a bit of a statto (apologies in advance), this is Robbie Keane's goalscoring record in the premier league.

Year / Apps /Goals

2007-2008 / 36 / 15

2006-2007 / 27 / 11

2005-2006 / 36 / 16

2004-2005 / 35 / 11

2003-2004 / 34 / 14

2002-2003 / 29 / 13

Now, this is the feats of our spectacular collection of backup strikers last year.

Dirk Kuyt

2007-2008 / 32 / 3

Peter Crouch

2007-2008 / 21 / 5

Andriy Voronin

2007-2008 / 19 / 5

Admittedly they don't tell the whole story (e.g. Kuyt was played as a right midfielder all season, Kuyt and Crouch scored a lot more goals in the cups unlike Voronin, Crouch appeared off the sub's bench more than the other 2), but they do illustrate just how impressive Robbie Keane's goalscoring record is. I believe Liverpool are willing to overpay in his particular case, simply because Keane is the player we need right now, I have absolutely no confidence in any of the others deputising for Torres. We really do need a backup. I forsee absolutely no reason why Keane won't score 15+ league goals for Liverpool this season (particularly if he forms any kind of understanding with Gerrard or Torres), and I'll bet my house he'll score more than any of the clowns mentioned above.

In for example, Gareth Barry's case we are not willing to overpay because he is a luxury. We really want him, but ultimately he is someone we can take him or leave him (looking at the players we have for his position).

Keane isn't worth £18-20 million, but I can gladly accept we're prepared to pay that simply for what he can do for our team.

Spot on about Keane.

Rafa offers what he feels a player is worth which could be higher or lower than the general valuation.

Everyone said Crouch wasn't worth 7 million, Rafa thought he was and so it proved. He's now realised a 4million profit on the lad.

Stop :icon_lol:-ing scousers. :rolleyes:

Wanker.

:icon_lol:

:rolleyes:

If i did a poll 'Is fop a wanker?' on this forum, only the scousers you arse-lick would vote no. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I expect that means they can't afford Gareth Barry now. That's him fucked.

How so? He got a great reception at Villa's intertoto game on Saturday, and I think O'Neill would be happy for him to stay.

Paper talk of him getting a 50% pay rise.