3 weeks go and I`m far from convinced

jaythesouthernmag

haven't Aston Villa been linked to 123 players?

the nay sayers need to calm the fuck down.

You shouldn't be on here, you should be at the cinema seeing The Dark Knight. :icon_lol:

I have a big bag of hatred for you. :icon_lol:

KK would of had a list of players he wanted in, that list would of been scouted by wise & co. and offers have been made and knocked back, it seems like we have got to the bottom of that list and we have secured 2 players

3 weeks to go, I dont think we will see any more signings

Any reason for you to think that?

These aren't amatuers we're talking about, and with 3 weeks to go to the start of the new season there just doesnt seem to be anything going on at all, even the rags can't be arsed to link us anymore

still fingers crossed we do get some new talent in, but surely in your heart of hearts you must think that this has been a fairly subdued transfer window

I'm really getting so disillusioned with Mike Ashley and his 'staff' right now it's starting to bother me a lot. When Keegan arrived it looked like perhaps, with the backing of a billionaire, we'd be heading in the right direction... but are we? Yes, Ashley cleared the debts, but will that win us anything or put the team at the right end of the table? You don't make money without spending it in football and from what I can see Ashley is a tight as a gnat's chuff. We haven't got the luxury to not offer players the going rate on wages because money is our only pull right now - we have one of the smallest squads in the league and we're struggling to get anyone in. Did we really need to employ Dennis Wise? He's done nothing that warrants his position as far as I can tell, scouting for the youth team might be a job that needs doing but I think we have more pressing matters like getting back to the right end of the table and getting amongst the teams who sit around 5th to 8th place and we're not going to do that with youth players.

Come on Fat Boy, spend your cash you tight-arsed southern ponce.

I'm really getting so disillusioned with Mike Ashley and his 'staff' right now it's starting to bother me a lot. When Keegan arrived it looked like perhaps, with the backing of a billionaire, we'd be heading in the right direction... but are we? Yes, Ashley cleared the debts, but will that win us anything or put the team at the right end of the table? You don't make money without spending it in football and from what I can see Ashley is a tight as a gnat's chuff. We haven't got the luxury to not offer players the going rate on wages because money is our only pull right now - we have one of the smallest squads in the league and we're struggling to get anyone in. Did we really need to employ Dennis Wise? He's done nothing that warrants his position as far as I can tell, scouting for the youth team might be a job that needs doing but I think we have more pressing matters like getting back to the right end of the table and getting amongst the teams who sit around 5th to 8th place and we're not going to do that with youth players.

Come on Fat Boy, spend your cash you tight-arsed southern ponce.

We don't want to secure rip-offs in the mould of Babayaro, Boumsong, Luque, Marcelino, Goma, Domi, Maric, Smith etc. just for the sake of signing people.

Obviously you need to break eggs to make an omelette, but without European football I'm happy to stock up on plenty of inexpensive youth in the hope that one or two come good.

How can you be happy with stockpiling players in the hope that one or two come good? Unfortunately its European football which secures the signings of proven quality as they want to play on the big stage. We are never going to win the league or even challenge at the top for honours but the purpose of this window should be to sign enough quality to see us get that European slot.

I said somewhere before, Ashleys company is doing shite & he also lost a shedload on the stock market,

as a result of this we are suffering

IF he doesnt want to splash the cash on transfer fee`s and wages then in the interest of the club he should look to recoup what he paid and sell to someone who has the cash to invest in the team

It`s pretty obvious he doesnt as he was looking for outside investors the other week

One thing I will say is that while I've been pretty underwhelmed by the 'Ashley revolution' it's probably a bit much to expect things to happen overnight. We're all impatient and want star players through the door and so on but what is more important is that 2 or 3 years down the line the club is in a better state, in terms of financial security, youth set-up, coaching set-up, scouting networks (all of these had been allowed to slip previously) and, most importantly, in terms of the first team. Sometimes it's hard to take the long-term view as a fan though and I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to that.

Athough I'm not panicking outright yet, there is definite reason for concern. As stated not many clubs have spent cash however not many clubs are in the situation we are. Next season you can have seven subs, that will just about take our entire first team squad, three or four injuries and we're fucked. The management and board have known all year that our squad is in dire need of stengthening and should have identified realistic targets prior to the season ending. These players should have been signed to give them a full pre season so we could at least hit the ground running, no one expects us to beat Man Utd or Arsenal but a few bad results against lesser teams could see confidence blown and land us in the brown steamy.

One thing I will say is that while I've been pretty underwhelmed by the 'Ashley revolution' it's probably a bit much to expect things to happen overnight. We're all impatient and want star players through the door and so on but what is more important is that 2 or 3 years down the line the club is in a better state, in terms of financial security, youth set-up, coaching set-up, scouting networks (all of these had been allowed to slip previously) and, most importantly, in terms of the first team. Sometimes it's hard to take the long-term view as a fan though and I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to that.

I'd be happy to have 'squad' players through the door, let alone star players. Yes, I can see some of the longer term benefits that we've implemented but football isn't like a normal business, you need results on the pitch otherwise your future ends up in the non-profitable leagues outside the Prem. I'm all for making changes to the financial structure but we should have steady things with our game first and made sure we were going to be able to compete for a top eight spot.

I'd be happy to have 'squad' players through the door, let alone star players. Yes, I can see some of the longer term benefits that we've implemented but football isn't like a normal business, you need results on the pitch otherwise your future ends up in the non-profitable leagues outside the Prem. I'm all for making changes to the financial structure but we should have steady things with our game first and made sure we were going to be able to compete for a top eight spot.

We definitely need a few bodies in, don't get me wrong.

I wonder why we aren't raiding the lesser teams for their better players, I mean there must be some - how much different from Championship Manager can it be :icon_lol:

I wonder why we aren't raiding the lesser teams for their better players, I mean there must be some - how much different from Championship Manager can it be :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

We don't want to secure rip-offs in the mould of Babayaro, Boumsong, Luque, Marcelino, Goma, Domi, Maric, Smith etc. just for the sake of signing people.

Obviously you need to break eggs to make an omelette, but without European football I'm happy to stock up on plenty of inexpensive youth in the hope that one or two come good.

How can you be happy with stockpiling players in the hope that one or two come good? Unfortunately its European football which secures the signings of proven quality as they want to play on the big stage. We are never going to win the league or even challenge at the top for honours but the purpose of this window should be to sign enough quality to see us get that European slot.

Relegation threatened to European qualifiers in one window? :icon_lol:

Deluded. :icon_lol: