Gazza Offered Coaching Role???

ohhh_yeah

i personally think gazza needs to get a good therapist and to somehow give up the drink. working for nufc, if anything, will probably only result in him hitting the bottle even harder. he'll be centre of attention at the club again and the temptation for post-training bevvies in town will probably be too hard for him to resist.

That's why if he is to do it then he'd need to bring Sheryl with him (assuming they're back together). The club can only help him so much but they can't keep an eye on him 24/7, he really would need someone else looking out for him and not his only drinking partners.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost sympathy for his antics when he did this stunt many moons ago http://www.virginmedia.com/images/gazza-flute.jpg

He was playing for Rangers at the time and trying to wind up their arch-rival's fans, I really don't think he meant anything by it.

Yes sectarianism tends to wind people up, like andy goram wearing the black armband (same match i think) and when David Healy did the flute bit the other week against celtic

Goram is a different story altogether, he was a genuine bigot. Gazza wasn't and Healy was simply having a bit of banter with the Celtic fans and it seems to have been blown out of all proportion. I really don't think Gazza had the intelligence to realise exactly what he was doing and it's no suprise that, as alex said, Goram was behind it.

Guest Stevie
I lost sympathy for his antics when he did this stunt many moons ago http://www.virginmedia.com/images/gazza-flute.jpg

He was playing for Rangers at the time and trying to wind up their arch-rival's fans, I really don't think he meant anything by it.

Yes sectarianism tends to wind people up, like andy goram wearing the black armband (same match i think) and when David Healy did the flute bit the other week against celtic

Fuck the flute. Over sensitive jock/Irish cunts.

The fact is Paul Gascoigne gave a lot to this football club, he gave us 2m when it was a lot of money, and he gave young kids like me memories which we could take to the grave. Gazza is a special case to me, we should accommodate him, he needs this as a way of stabilising his life, and it could be as good for him as it could for someone else. He was always talking on a pitch, he had incredible vision, if he could pass 1% of that on then it's a worthwhile exercise. I can understand how people who had nothing to do with this club little over 10 years ago could be cycnical though.

he used to play for us.

he isn't qualified to the do the job

it's an act of charity because of his connections with the club

...nedd i go on?

nope i concur

think this ones going be a split decision between the realists and the sentimentalists anyways

Do you never get lonely in that ivory tower?

Nope, but the second i turn into a wife beating drunk or whatever i shall come down for some sympathy

Grow up man. No one condones what Gazza did regarding Sheryl. I know from a Gascoigne family member though that she used to know how to wind Gazza up to the point that he would give her a clip (taking the piss out of his family being a favourite of her's) then she'd run off to the NoTW with an exclusive and a picture of her black eye. Not that that makes it remotely acceptable but I supsect she knew what she was doing when she pressed those buttons. And where the fuck has she been all this time? And now he's back in the papers she's bak by his side. She's a poisonous bitch iyam and only interested in his money - all she's ever been interested in.

He was told to do it by a fellow player iirc. Might have been Andy Goram. He didn't realise the significance of it.

Been living in a bubble since the 70's then?

not like the troubles had been well documented and featured heavilluy in the media for 25years... wait hang on!

I never knew what the flute was all about before the Gazza thing and I'd consider myself to be a more informed than the man himself. Outside places like Northern Ireland and Glasgow the significance would have been lost on most people.

i personally think gazza needs to get a good therapist and to somehow give up the drink. working for nufc, if anything, will probably only result in him hitting the bottle even harder. he'll be centre of attention at the club again and the temptation for post-training bevvies in town will probably be too hard for him to resist.

Do you not think he might have already given that a go?

well he needs to keep trying, obviously. do you reckon working for nufc going to be good therapy for him like?

this move is crazy and is destined to end in tears if it does happen - look at how is stint in charge of kettering ended.

well he needs to keep trying, obviously. do you reckon working for nufc going to be good therapy for him like?

this move is crazy and is destined to end in tears if it does happen - look at how is stint in charge of kettering ended.

Aye, I think it's perfect therapy for him. A management role is a completely different kettle of fish and one he isn't suited to. But a bit of proper coaching is different.

either way

former drunks who have just came out of a spell after being sectioned and have no qualification

shouldn't be giving coaching jobs at the club

did anyone watch that football documentry that alan hanson did, going round visiting former stars

Gazza was a mess... at like 38-he was still talking as if he could pull the boots on and play in the premiership

seriously being near football is hardly going bring him down to earth is it

I don't understand the qualification thing tbh. I think people get hoodwinked by these Uefa badges. I think the rest is bollocks too btw but I've said my piece.

Aye, I think it's perfect therapy for him. A management role is a completely different kettle of fish and one he isn't suited to. But a bit of proper coaching is different.

i'd put my mortgage on it ending in tears.

Gazza is seriously messed up. Irrespective of football, would you not just like to see someone putting an arm around him and being genuine and giving him help for once without expecting money/gifts/limelight themselves?

Bloody hell, the way some people have gone in this thread I hope to fuck none of your friends are ever in trouble and just need someone to truely listen.

Gazza and KK do go back, didn't Gazza leave KK's boots on the Metro going home one night after he was supposed to clean them? Under normal circumstances I be saying 'jobs for the boys' at this point. But this isn't normal circumstances. As long as they get the role right then it'll be a benefit to Gazza then who knows..in the long term it could be a benefit to the club. If he did sort himself out then some of that class might rub off.

Guest Stevie
either way

former drunks who have just came out of a spell after being sectioned and have no qualification

shouldn't be giving coaching jobs at the club

did anyone watch that football documentry that alan hanson did, going round visiting former stars

Gazza was a mess... at like 38-he was still talking as if he could pull the boots on and play in the premiership

seriously being near football is hardly going bring him down to earth is it

I don't understand the qualification thing tbh. I think people get hoodwinked by these Uefa badges. I think the rest is bollocks too btw but I've said my piece.

This kid has a hatred of Gazza and it boils down to the flute playing thing at Rangers. No one in England cares or notices Ireland apart from Alex who has to work there. Gazza was told to do the flute not knowing the significance of it. You are a bigot, simple as that, the fact you mentioned David Healy doing the flute the other week sums it up, what relevance did that have to this, why mention that? No one cares about your shitey flutes, no one cares about bigotted Irish catholics or protestants, but that is your issue with Gazza, it doesn't how much you try to hide it, and it sums up why people should support their local clubs to me. Gazza gave Sheryl a slap, so fuck, I bet there's shops you go in Clare or Kerry or wherever you people live where convicted paedophiles serve you, and do you boycott their shops?

Hey man, people say hello doon the pub to people worse than Joey Barton, Gazza et al and even give them a bit of respect but as soon as it's somebody famous they take this bizarre moral stance. I DON'T CONDONE SOME OF THE THINGS THEY'VE DONE BTW, in case you didn't get that.

Hey man, people say hello doon the pub to people worse than Joey Barton, Gazza et al and even give them a bit of respect but as soon as it's somebody famous they take this bizarre moral stance. I DON'T CONDONE SOME OF THE THINGS THEY'VE DONE BTW, in case you didn't get that.

Most of them are probably earning more than Joey Barton as well. Illegally.

Guest Stevie

apologies things like that tend to get my back up

silly me ya know being oversensitive to things like that, no harm but considering one of my friends was shot and killed because he was outside a catholic bar (pity he wasn't catholic),

You mentioned the flute, I'm sorry your friend died and all that, that's a bad story, but you mentioned the flute, you can't conceal your utter hatred towards Gazza because of something that doesn't even deserve to be called a minor incident. You mention "the troubles" like people care. No-one fuckin cares, the only time we cared was when you cunts were bombing us. Take your bigottry and fuck off to IRA minded or Swallow Swallow where you can talk to like minded people.

silly me ya know being oversensitive to things like that, no harm but considering one of my friends was shot and killed because he was outside a catholic bar (pity he wasn't catholic),

You mentioned the flute, I'm sorry your friend died and all that, that's a bad story, but you mentioned the flute, you can't conceal your utter hatred towards Gazza because of something that doesn't even deserve to be called a minor incident. You mention "the troubles" like people care. No-one fuckin cares, the only time we cared was when you cunts were bombing us. Take your bigottry and fuck off to IRA minded or Swallow Swallow where you can talk to like minded people.

Absolutely no need for that Stevie. I don't think Ant has much time for bigotry himself.

Guest Stevie
This kid has a hatred of Gazza and it boils down to the flute playing thing at Rangers. No one in England cares or notices Ireland apart from Alex who has to work there. Gazza was told to do the flute not knowing the significance of it. You are a bigot, simple as that, the fact you mentioned David Healy doing the flute the other week sums it up, what relevance did that have to this, why mention that? No one cares about your shitey flutes, no one cares about bigotted Irish catholics or protestants, but that is your issue with Gazza, it doesn't how much you try to hide it, and it sums up why people should support their local clubs to me. Gazza gave Sheryl a slap, so fuck, I bet there's shops you go in Clare or Kerry or wherever you people live where convicted paedophiles serve you, and do you boycott their shops?

feel free to go back and read the edit you ignorant misinformed little gimp, in the meantime I'm off to email my protestant mate who i was best man for at his wedding 3weeks ago (to a catholic non the less) to tell him we can't possibly be friends any more because some cretin who has a blind biased-ness due to boyhood memories of Gazza, has told me I'm a biggot because i offended his hero, the drunk who had been sectioned...

"Clare or Kerry" they aren't even remotely near northern Ireland btw, infact Kerry is about as far away as you can possibly get

pretty much adds to my opinion of you not only being a complete and utter moron, but a twat to go along with i

nice combo

Do we need to had a former alcoholic who still thinks he can play to our staff... no

Does Gazza need to be anywhere near a football club considering he still seem to thinks he can have a go at playing... probably not

it'd be like sticking frank Bruno on Amir khans coaching staff or something just to give him something to do.

that is my problem for giving gazza a job

has he coached at that level before?

is he fit and mentally up to doing it to be a good role model for the likes of the youngsters?

the man needs help, not a job at a major club revolving around the obsession that has wrecked his head to begin with

It was the training heartland though wasn't it?

I think he is a good role model in terms of what he could potentially teach young kids, and he could be a good role model for people who have fallen on difficult times, who are trying to get their life back together.

:icon_lol:

tmb_pot:kettle.jpg

It has been said before, giving Gazza a role at NUFC could save his life, it's not as if he'd be give a major role anyhow, if he was putting out the cones and handing out the bibs in training it would be enough, he could be Terry Mac's assistant, after all this is for Gazza's benefit not NUFC's

Guest Stevie

lol did you write into Jim'll fix it to meet gazza by any chance

i'm hoping your just that obessed with the guy and your not actually that much of a ..actually lost for a descriptive word for that rant.. i'll go with mong

feel free to take some time to write to the non local players at newcastle telling them to "fuck off home" or something to that note

did you run for the BNP by anychance?

@above picture

yup lost sympathy for people that stupid, and i never did have sympathy for drunks and wife beaters

don't like george best either and he didn't do anything secterian, do keep up i know it's hard with you being more than a bit thick

but have a go anyways

So you have no sympathy for 80% of Ireland?

I didn't run for the BNP or support for a variety of reasons but mainly because, I would like us to give complete autonomy to Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales. That is not part of their manifesto, these places are nothing but a drain on our resources, well not so much Scotland but the other two oh dear.

As for George Best, he lived his life, large parts of his life were as good as it gets I'm sure world at his feet etc... and he as a protestant bravely called for a United Ireland, and United Irish football team, I think that deserved applause, and it would've been a good thing for us too to finally wash our hands of it.

i'm hoping your just that obessed with the guy and your not actually that much of a ..actually lost for a descriptive word for that rant.. i'll go with mong

feel free to take some time to write to the non local players at newcastle telling them to "fuck off home" or something to that note

@above picture

yup lost sympathy for people that stupid, and i never did have sympathy for drunks and wife beaters

don't like george best either and he didn't do anything secterian, do keep up i know it's hard with you being more than a bit thick

but have a go anyways

I didn't run for the BNP or support for a variety of reasons but mainly because, I would like us to give complete autonomy to Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales. That is not part of their manifesto, these places are nothing but a drain on our resources, well not so much Scotland but the other two oh dear.

As for George Best, he lived his life, large parts of his life were as good as it gets I'm sure world at his feet etc... and he as a protestant bravely called for a United Ireland, and United Irish football team, I think that deserved applause, and it would've been a good thing for us too to finally wash our hands of it.

Eh? Where did you get that from?

Guest Stevie

@above picture

but have a go anyways

Eh? Where did you get that from?

Did you not know that?

The fact is Paul Gascoigne gave a lot to this football club, he gave us 2m when it was a lot of money, and he gave young kids like me memories which we could take to the grave. Gazza is a special case to me, we should accommodate him, he needs this as a way of stabilising his life, and it could be as good for him as it could for someone else. He was always talking on a pitch, he had incredible vision, if he could pass 1% of that on then it's a worthwhile exercise. I can understand how people who had nothing to do with this club little over 10 years ago could be cycnical though.

We should help him out a little if we can. It's actually close to a life and death scenario imo. He needs an outlet, he still has bags of enthusiasm for the game.