Gazza Offered Coaching Role???

ohhh_yeah

And N. Ireland's economy is suffering greatly from the fact that the Republic are offering a much much lower level of corporation tax so getting inward investment is tough, something Mr. Brown has refused to do anything about.

we also had the highest percentage of increase on house prices in europe which always helps =D

Declining to mention you have by far the cheapest housing in the British Isles.

We have the third most expensive housing in Britain. Try again.

Having come direct to the last page I can't imagine how it has come to this.

Has Gazza done his coaching badges? If he has, bring him in. If not, maybe he should do that to occupy his mind and prove to himself and everyone he can actually stick at something for more than 3 months.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say give him a job, give him something to do during the day, keep him fit but more importantly it'll be easier to keep an eye on him.

he used to play for us.

he isn't qualified to the do the job

it's an act of charity because of his connections with the club

...nedd i go on?

nope i concur

think this ones going be a split decision between the realists and the sentimentalists anyways

Do you never get lonely in that ivory tower?

Nope, but the second i turn into a wife beating drunk or whatever i shall come down for some sympathy

Grow up man. No one condones what Gazza did regarding Sheryl. I know from a Gascoigne family member though that she used to know how to wind Gazza up to the point that he would give her a clip (taking the piss out of his family being a favourite of her's) then she'd run off to the NoTW with an exclusive and a picture of her black eye. Not that that makes it remotely acceptable but I supsect she knew what she was doing when she pressed those buttons. And where the fuck has she been all this time? And now he's back in the papers she's bak by his side. She's a poisonous bitch iyam and only interested in his money - all she's ever been interested in.

Her slag of a daughter has done alright off the back of his name as well. Funny that, if some bloke had beat my mother up the last thing I'd want is his surname.

When she was on Celebrity Love Island as 'Gazza's Step-daughter' that really was pushing the boundaries of the term celebrity. Even by ITV's standards.

Gazza is and has been nothing but a nice meal ticket for so many people, it's probably surprising he wasn't sectioned a lot sooner.

I'm not sure what's worse about the likes of Jimmy Five-braincells. The fact that he's nowhere to be seen now or the fact that he was getting off his face with Gazza during the good times when he should have been reining Gazza in and looking out for him.

He'd be ideal for the academy. If he wasn't a mentally ill, wife-beating, alcoholic.

Personally I think someone who has been through all that would be a hell of a lot more effective in getting the message across in terms of what can happen while living the lifestyle of a famous footballer.

He'd be ideal for the academy. If he wasn't a mentally ill, wife-beating, alcoholic.

Personally I think someone who has been through all that would be a hell of a lot more effective in getting the message across in terms of what can happen while living the lifestyle of a famous footballer.

Well yes, if he'd beaten his demons he perhaps would be in a position to advise. But for now, the demons seem to be beating him.

It's pretty evident that football is Paul Gascoigne's drug... without it he's nothing and without a job in the game I think we'll be seeing his coffin being carried into a church far sooner than it should ever be.

Some people who accept he needs football suggest he should be looking at a more grass roots level or lower league so that he gets a decent grounding. I don't.. He not only needs football, he needs professional help and total support on both a financial and emotional level. Send him off to someone like Stockport County and they may be able to give him the footballing 'hit' but in terms of the help he needs, they don't have the muscle to assist.

A Premier League club would be able to offer him all the support he needed as well as his fix. This is the club he supported as a boy and with whom his heart lies. In a massively bleak footballing period for us, he was one of the very few shining lights - watching him when I was 10/11 years old, I was captivated by his brilliance and realised what a talent we had. We have a chance to repay him in some way and if its coaching kids that could emulate him by ending up being our stars of the future then fantastic.

I don't think we should write him off because of his recent problems. He's still the person who lit up our midfield in the late 80s, he's still the person who took the world by storm in Italia '90, he's still the person who scored 'that' goal against the Scots in Euro '96. He's still Paul Gascoigne.

It's pretty evident that football is Paul Gascoigne's drug... without it he's nothing and without a job in the game I think we'll be seeing his coffin being carried into a church far sooner than it should ever be.

Some people who accept he needs football suggest he should be looking at a more grass roots level or lower league so that he gets a decent grounding. I don't.. He not only needs football, he needs professional help and total support on both a financial and emotional level. Send him off to someone like Stockport County and they may be able to give him the footballing 'hit' but in terms of the help he needs, they don't have the muscle to assist.

A Premier League club would be able to offer him all the support he needed as well as his fix. This is the club he supported as a boy and with whom his heart lies. In a massively bleak footballing period for us, he was one of the very few shining lights - watching him when I was 10/11 years old, I was captivated by his brilliance and realised what a talent we had. We have a chance to repay him in some way and if its coaching kids that could emulate him by ending up being our stars of the future then fantastic.

I don't think we should write him off because of his recent problems. He's still the person who lit up our midfield in the late 80s, he's still the person who took the world by storm in Italia '90, he's still the person who scored 'that' goal against the Scots in Euro '96. He's still Paul Gascoigne.

Not to mention that he can surely do whatever the hell it is Terry Mac does, at least as well as he does it.

well put :rolleyes:

The point you make about support is the core of this whole thing. It's not just about him turning up on some training ground somewhere.

Precisely which is why he needs to be looking at club of Premier League size. They need to have the infrastructure to be able to help him. It cannot be presumed that it'd be a success but how honestly could we as a club come out of it worse off?

The point you make about support is the core of this whole thing. It's not just about him turning up on some training ground somewhere.

I agree but giving him support is useless unless he has something to build on, something to give him a purpose in life so to speak. We're in a position to do that for him. The way I see it is that he needs something in his life because at the moment I'd imagine that his life is rather empty and he is filling it with alcohol. Every time you hear of him he seems to be living in a hotel, it's obvious that he has nothing concrete to build his life around and he doesn't know anything else apart from football so if the club can help him in any way then I think it would be a great gesture for them to do so.

Edited by ewerk

tbf Gascoigne has 'lived' in hotels since he left Rangers (maybe even before). He wrote about it in his autobiography saying that he preferred to do things that way so that he'd not have to look after his own property.

I'm all for trying to offer him support, but how long before he becomes a disruption?

if he becomes a disruption then we've done what we can to help him - thank him for his efforts but sadly inform him that his contract is terminated. Pretty certain if we did take him on then matters like that would be dealt with (and pointed out to him) as part of contractual discussions.

It doesn't seem like a healthy way to live if you ask me, especially if you're an alcoholic.

Me neither but then who's to say the club won't provide him with living accomodation in which he'd be catered for in the same way that he is at the moment only with his employers able to keep a close eye on him?

It doesn't seem like a healthy way to live if you ask me, especially if you're an alcoholic.

Me neither but then who's to say the club won't provide him with living accomodation in which he'd be catered for in the same way that he is at the moment only with his employers able to keep a close eye on him?

So as well as paying him, we give him free board and lodge? You're getting sentimental in your old age Craig. He made as many appearances for spurs as he did for us you know. Their chairman is happier to throw money away than ours, maybe they can look after him?