Where the fuck...

Wavey Davey

...Has everyone got this idea that we are divine-righters from?

A perusal of the SMB, 606 and other forums would have you believe that we're petulant little sods who have been stamping our little feet for some time because we believe we have a right to success. That we're in strop because things aren't going our way.

Excuse me if I say a gigantic What!?! into the proceedings.

Where has this come from? I'm aware that them lot south of the Tyne have a very dim view of us (probably expected) but everyone else seems to have this viewpoint. Every lad I know, have met or just talked to in passing who supports Newcastle has an hopeful, yet ultimately pessimistic gallows-humour approach and has done for some time. Nothing seems to quite go right for us and we know it.

Is it because of last season? We know when we've been messed about and we will let you know. Not by leaving the stadium half-empty for most of the season (Boro and Sun'lun: this means you, yer fairweather gits) but by protest in numbers. Does this somehow come across as 'deluded' (copyright: every fucker) to you? I should hope not. All clubs fans should have every right to say what they feel and not to 'just accept things' because that's all they're going to get.

And sometimes they do and it works. Villa and even 'them lot' are examples of this. When it comes to us, however........

I wish I knew what it is that makes people see this in us because I sure as hell can't.

Ah well. Keep on keepin' on, I suppose...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good post mate, I've also noticed this - I blame the media for the majority of it, stirring up crap where there isn't any.

Cheers, man. I agree with the media thing.

Bastards to a man.

In a lot of cases it's the worry that potentially (if ran well and we get some luck) we could do well again.

Champions League money is a self-fulfilling prophecy for the top 4 to a large degree, but we've still got a fair bit of financial clout without the complete need for an Abramovich/Thaksin figure. A decent manager and some stability with backing and we might even break top 10. :icon_lol:

I think we have an unfortunate loud minority. You know the mongs I'm on about, standing outside the ground talking to Sky about how we're going to win the league etc. It's these media whore fuckers that need culling.

Decided to strap my tin helmet on and dive in to the SMB boards. Spuds and mackems giving each other a mutual handy and I couldn't take it anymore. sigh

Turns out my e-mail address is banned. :icon_lol:

Great craque

Well that's a new false spelling from there. :icon_lol:

Decided to strap my tin helmet on and dive in to the SMB boards. Spuds and mackems giving each other a mutual handy and I couldn't take it anymore. sigh

Turns out my e-mail address is banned. :icon_lol:

Bunch of losers man sick of getting their drubbings off us every season.

They'll all sulk off crying when they lose 3-0 again.

Edited by Barton7

Wacky and Happy: You're both lovely. I was gonna explode reading all that bum-toungery!!

:icon_lol: I felt like having a go too but can't be bothered to sign up. One mong reckons Derby beat us twice last season, some are asking for that thread to be stickied can't really get much more pathetic than that to be honest kissing up to Spurs fans oh dear.

Danny B on there now, eh?

I was actually taking the piss there before I had a proper look. Funny how as MartinJol on N-O was also a patronising twat. He was full of ill-informed supposedly ITK shite as well. Coincidence, obviously.

charley_hurley's_cat View Post

There are a few teams I hate more than Newcastle. Tottenham are one of those teams. They seem to think they have a divine right to success.

There are quite a few sets of supporters I hate more than Newcastle. Tottenham are one of those. Arrogant? Up their own arses? Deluded? You have described your mob to a tee.

You are not here because of any dislike of Newcastle. You are here to patronise Sunderland, so fuck off you cockney tosser.

:icon_lol:

At least he's not being drawn into it.

Certainly isn't me. I have no time for that lot since that shit Keane took over there.

If they want to pay massively inflated fees for our players then fine but I wont be singing their praises.

I reckon they will stay up this season though.

Certainly isn't me. I have no time for that lot since that shit Keane took over there.

If they want to pay massively inflated fees for our players then fine but I wont be singing their praises.

You not embarrassed by one of your lot being a complete toad?

You must all have the same shite craic then.

Where as you're a right barrel of laughs, eh chap?

Where as you're a right barrel of laughs, eh chap?

I'm crushed.