Sign in to follow this  
Kid Dynamite

Marco van Bastard

I was at a wedding at the County Hotel in Durham tonight and the Ajax team is staying there before their game against sunderland. Anyhoo, I got excited that MVB was in the building but no-one else had heard of him and werent really too arsed.

So I had a wander downstairs and would you believe it, he walked right past me in the corridor!!! So I politely extended my hand and said 'marco, can I get a quick picture with you please?'

To which he replied. . . . . . . . . . . . .

'No, im working' and walked straight past :icon_lol:

Ive never felt so deflated in all my life! The picture could have been taken in the same time it took for him to get those words out. Twat

i remember when i was a kid staying in a hotel in cork, young enough to like football but not know many players =) lol

First night the celtic team were staying there, all friendly enough have my picture with packy bonner

but the best bit was 2nights later the Leeds team were staying there, seeing as i was a kid i was always up early running around going swiming and whatever so i would go to the restaurant on my own to get breakfast ahead of my parents and such

seen one of the players who let me sit with him at a table

eventually parents followed me down, theres dad looking around for me spots me, jaw drops, as I'm sitting eating my weetabix with Gordon Strachan (not that i really knew who it was like)

think he had a chat with my dad for 15mins or so till more people showed up then he headed off.

Met a few different music celebs last couple of years and most of them were nice enough (Neil Hannon from divine comedy and Wayne Coyne from flaming lips were esp down to earth)

but guess it's like anything, some people are alright, some are big headed twats

(lad in a previous job i was in bumped into E.Davids before and his story was along the same lines as you got from MVB)

Edited by Ant

The brides brother bumped into him with his 2 year old daughter later on in the evening and asked if they could have a picture and he trotted the same line out to them.

I wouldnt have minded so much if people were mobbing him but I think we were the only 2 people in the building who knew who he was!

The brides brother bumped into him with his 2 year old daughter later on in the evening and asked if they could have a picture and he trotted the same line out to them.

I wouldnt have minded so much if people were mobbing him but I think we were the only 2 people in the building who knew who he was!

Aye that's just ignorant, if it's a quick picture and on his way and he's not going get stuck for 30mins by a crowd theres no reason to act like a dick...

was waiting on a mate getting out of work once when the WWF wrestling was in town, his building is right beside the Hilton in belfast

fuck me they were wild for being rude, mate was saying there was kids waiting there for good 5hrs or so for there coach to show up (obsv same group of kids i seen when i was waiting)

anyways coach arrives, and they all trundle off it (was only a 2hr trip from dublin they were on and all), kids wanted pics and such and they went outta there way to avoid them.

apart from that Mankind/Mick Foley lad who musta stood for a good 30mins or so taking pics and signing things and some other lad called Edge or something, rest of them fucked off inside instantly

Edited by Ant

can't blame him like.

ya can if it's one lad in a hallway tbh no need for it

can't blame him like.

ya can if it's one lad in a hallway tbh no need for it

depends on the lad tbh :icon_lol:

I got Daniel Vettori's autograph a few years ago and said well batted to him and he didn't say thank you. Disgusting.

Okay, he probably didn't hear me but that's not the point.

I got Daniel Vettori's autograph a few years ago and said well batted to him and he didn't say thank you. Disgusting.

I've got Shane Warne's. :icon_lol:

I've got Shane Warne's. :icon_lol:

He's got a copy of my band's last CD. That'll teach Hampshire not to stay in the same hotel as my mate's wedding.

Guest Stevie
can't blame him like.

You'd be the same if you were a professional footballer ye miserable baald cunt.

years ago when the Aussies were touring, they played Durham at the uni ground (before they went 1st class) me and my mate spent the best part of the day right next to the oz changing room, we talked to Micheal Slater for ages, and also David Boon and Merv Hughes, we were only about 12 - 13 and i remember Boon looking through the window all padded up with a can of lager!!

also through work i met Hatton at the press conf for his last fight, we spent a good 10 mins weighing up the pro's and con's for Nufc and City, (did not argue tbf)

can't blame him like.

You'd be the same if you were a professional footballer ye miserable baald cunt.

:icon_lol:

dozy twat, the inference was that even the most humble and hospitable of "celebrities" could be forgiven blowing past J69 because he's a boring shite hawk.

Although to be honest if I was famous I wouldn't be one for signing autographs, I think the whole thing's a bit sad.

I'm anti-miserable I'm full of the joys of spring me lad, you're just an unctuous prick. :D

I'm anti-miserable I'm full of the joys of spring me lad, you're just an unctuous prick. :razz:

I love how Fish makes words up. :D

Sign in to follow this  

Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff