Snake

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look at the state of his hair ! ;)

I reckon he's another Carlos Puyol, actually shite, but afforded hero status because of the unruly barnet.

Puyol shite? I hope that's tongue-in-cheek.

He's certainly overrated. He's like an iconic Catalan figure at the back, hard, generally solid, but his flaws are completely ignored and there's no way he merits some of the awards he's attained. Someone like Daniel van Buyten is a better defender than him, but because the spotlight he plays in isn't as bright he isn't recognised like Puyol is.

fuck off man :)

Just look at the state of his hair ! ;)

I reckon he's another Carlos Puyol, actually shite, but afforded hero status because of the unruly barnet.

Nah it's not, reckon he's pony myself.. Slow and regularly out of position. Realise I am out on a limb with that assesment.

I could understand you thinking he wasn't as good as some say. Always looks class to me like. But to say he's shite/pony? Anyway, all about opinions, isn't it? :)

Guest Stevie
It's a good job we never bought him direct from a Serie A club though eh Stevie mate? Or he would be totally shite. ;)

Nar one good thing about Europe's biggest cowards, they produce tremendous defenders.

People have to think out of the box, so many times have I seen Puyol embarrassed especially against English clubs, but because he's on our screens all the time he's world class. He couldn't even begin to wipe the arse of someone like Rio Ferdinand.

It's a good job we never bought him direct from a Serie A club though eh Stevie mate? Or he would be totally shite. ;)

Nar one good thing about Europe's biggest cowards, they produce tremendous defenders.

People have to think out of the box, so many times have I seen Puyol embarrassed especially against English clubs, but because he's on our screens all the time he's world class. He couldn't even begin to wipe the arse of someone like Rio Ferdinand.

Can you give me several examples?

Exclusive: We're ArgenTOONa!

By Craig Hope

JONAS Gutierrez has welcomed Argentina team-mate Fabricio Coloccini to Newcastle United and says that he is delighted to be playing alongside his compatriot week-in-week-out.

The pair have been La Liga opponents for the past three seasons with former Deportivo La Coruna defender Coloccini often charged with task of nullifying the attacking threat of Gutierrez and his Real Mallorca comrades.

But now, with both having penned five-year deals at St.James' Park, winger Jonas admits he cannot wait to share a St.James' Park dressing room with a player he rated among one of the best in the Spanish top flight.

"I know from playing against Fabricio in La Liga and as a team-mate for Argentina what a good player he is - I'm just happy we're on the same side all of the time now!," the 25-year-old told nufc.co.uk in an exclusive interview after Coloccini became the most expensive defender in United's history.

"He is a top defender and was one of the best in Spain, but I also believe he will like the Premier League because he is very quick."

While English-speaking Jonas says he will do all he can to help his fellow countryman find his feet on Tyneside, adding: "I am very happy that we have another Argentinean at Newcastle and I will do all I can to help him.

"I've only been at Newcastle for a few weeks but I will be telling Fabricio how much I have enjoyed it so far.

"He does not speak any English so I am happy to be his interpreter until he learns."

Just look at the state of his hair ! :lol:

Nah it's not, reckon he's pony myself.. Slow and regularly out of position. Realise I am out on a limb with that assesment.

I could understand you thinking he wasn't as good as some say. Always looks class to me like. But to say he's shite/pony? Anyway, all about opinions, isn't it? :lol:

I am definitely overstating it, but if he wasn't so adored by the fans he'd be out. And IMO that adoration is misplaced and based largely on this big haired warrior persona that he's created.

It's like Ivan Campo. He played centre half for Real Madrid for years and his hair kept him in the side. As soon as he arrived over here, Bolton realised how awful a CH he was and stuck him in midfield.

I could understand you thinking he wasn't as good as some say. Always looks class to me like. But to say he's shite/pony? Anyway, all about opinions, isn't it? :icon_lol:

I am definitely overstating it, but if he wasn't so adored by the fans he'd be out. And IMO that adoration is misplaced and based largely on this big haired warrior persona that he's created.

It's like Ivan Campo. He played centre half for Real Madrid for years and his hair kept him in the side. As soon as he arrived over here, Bolton realised how awful a CH he was and stuck him in midfield.

Fuck off man. :lol:

It's a good job we never bought him direct from a Serie A club though eh Stevie mate? Or he would be totally shite. :lol:

Shola looked like a world beater against him in the Nou Camp!!!!

It's a good job we never bought him direct from a Serie A club though eh Stevie mate? Or he would be totally shite. :lol:

So because Shola actually had a good game that means Puyol was embarrassed and put in a poor shift? Aye ok then. Good logic. Nothing to do with your already proven agenda against him.

So because Shola actually had a good game that means Puyol was embarrassed and put in a poor shift? Aye ok then. Good logic. Nothing to do with your already proven agenda against him.

The point is was Shola unplayable that night, or was it just because his marker was always 10 yards away trying he fend the hair out of his eyes!! :lol:

I could understand you thinking he wasn't as good as some say. Always looks class to me like. But to say he's shite/pony? Anyway, all about opinions, isn't it? :lol:

Campo wasn't physical enough to play centre-half over here but was placed in front of the back four because of his defensive ability and his excellent passing. Doesn't mean he was a shite defender in Spain. Are you sure this isn't a wind-up?

The point is was Shola unplayable that night, or was it just because his marker was always 10 yards away trying he fend the hair out of his eyes!! :lol:

Is this based on one match then?

Guest Stevie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv-4oQOfipg

Just a small example..and there are many many more, look at his positioning for the first goal, he's 10 yards in front of the last man, and he only just comes in to the shot at the end, and the daft cunt has his arm up for offside. The second one where the fuck is he? There's many more examples, woeful examples of Bramblesque defending from him, I'lkl find them later (particularly against Chelsea down the years) There's an absolute huge one where he just loses the ball but I can't remember which game it was. His game against France in 2006 (when they lost 3-1) was one of the poorest I've seen an international centre half have.

Campo wasn't physical enough to play centre-half over here but was placed in front of the back four because of his defensive ability and his excellent passing. Doesn't mean he was a shite defender in Spain. Are you sure this isn't a wind-up?

Maybe a little bit, but there is definitely something in it. Long hair affords you status that your short haired team mates have to work harder for.

Darren Peacock

Warrior like defensive rock? OR laibilty of a gammy legged wannabe rocker?

Brian Kilcline

Linchpin in our 92 div 1 side? OR just scared other defenders off with his massive barnet?

Guti and Collo are both very good players. Guti especially will be quite the revelation once he settles in. They are both a long way better than anyone we had in those relative postions and a significant step up. Although protracted and clearly complicated, the club must be congratulated in going out and getting these kinds of players. If we can get one more central midfielder and a back up striker (Derydiok for example) then we should have a decent and maybe surprising season ahead of us. Some of the teams I put in our bracket or thereabouts (Spurs, Villa, Pompey, Man City) all have weaknesses of one sort or another and with a bit more luck with general fitness and imjuries we can hold our heads up high.

Maybe a little bit, but there is definitely something in it. Long hair affords you status that your short haired team mates have to work harder for.

Darren Peacock

Warrior like defensive rock? OR laibilty of a gammy legged wannabe rocker?

Brian Kilcline

Linchpin in our 92 div 1 side? OR just scared other defenders off with his massive barnet?

Darren Peacock was an unfair target of the boo boys for a long time and I don't think all the crowd ever really took to him. I'll give you Kilcline but I'll raise you a Ketsbaia :icon_lol:

Guti and Collo are both very good players. Guti especially will be quite the revelation once he settles in. They are both a long way better than anyone we had in those relative postions and a significant step up. Although protracted and clearly complicated, the club must be congratulated in going out and getting these kinds of players. If we can get one more central midfielder and a back up striker (Derydiok for example) then we should have a decent and maybe surprising season ahead of us. Some of the teams I put in our bracket or thereabouts (Spurs, Villa, Pompey, Man City) all have weaknesses of one sort or another and with a bit more luck with general fitness and imjuries we can hold our heads up high.

Fuck off man, you've never seen them play :lol:

:lol:

In fairness I haven't seen much of Guti, but he looked our best player in the friendlies and gave me some hope. :icon_lol:

:lol:

In fairness I haven't seen much of Guti, but he looked our best player in the friendlies and gave me some hope. :icon_lol:

Aye, he looks quality tbf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv-4oQOfipg

Just a small example..and there are many many more, look at his positioning for the first goal, he's 10 yards in front of the last man, and he only just comes in to the shot at the end, and the daft cunt has his arm up for offside. The second one where the fuck is he? There's many more examples, woeful examples of Bramblesque defending from him, I'lkl find them later (particularly against Chelsea down the years) There's an absolute huge one where he just loses the ball but I can't remember which game it was. His game against France in 2006 (when they lost 3-1) was one of the poorest I've seen an international centre half have.

That's ok then. As I mean Ferdinand has always been as solid as he is now and his positioning or dwindling on the ball has never been suspect.

they are all a season ahead of us IMO (Spuds only because they have bought well this window)

I have a feeling we are looking at a season of mid-table mediocrity, which is fine if we buy well next year