Driving Test Tomorrow

Magma

Failed my test, hit a fucking wing mirror on a parked car, got my test terminated and I'm proper gutted <_<

HAHAHAHA

You're such a fucking marmite sailor Triggy... :D

It'll happen Magma - someone who passes his test 3rd time around is no worse a driver than one who passed first time. Just a little more out of pocket, that's all.

dont be silly. imo if he managed to fail by hitting a parked cars wing mirror he obviously isn't ready for his test yet

he didn't pass though did he knob-jockey...? :nufc:

Triggy didn't say that Magma wasn't ready to pass, he said he wasn't ready to sit his test.

Read the fucking thread properly Dave. Magma has just sat the test for the second time and failed - hence my comment about being a 'third time passer' making him no worse than a first timer.... Triggy decides that it's a silly comment to make for some reason.

He's obviously a member of the "i passed first time therefore I'm a better driver' brigade - what a load of all tosh, all drivers are assesed to the same level so if you pass, you've made the grade. I bet Triggy's also one of these who reckons he's a bigger man for eating a hotter curry than the next bloke too :)

FWIW - I passed first time before it's claimed I'm sticking up for a fellow failer.

nah i dont like really spicy things so you're wrong.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its his third time Craig

That thought did cross my mind... :)

Ahh well, the principle's the same.

Oh and Triggy, maybe I am wrong about the spicy stuff but obviously not the first-time pass argument, am i? :D

Its his third time Craig

Oh and Triggy, maybe I am wrong about the spicy stuff but obviously not the first-time pass argument, am i? :D

you are right i passed first time but you are wrong about how i think i'm better than people that took longer. e.g. if a person fails because of going through a red light or something minor i wouldnt say they are a bad driver but if someone knocks a mirror off a parked car i'd say yes i am a better driver. e.g. one of my mates took 4 tests to pass and he failed one because he went up on the curb so fast the instructor made him get out to make sure he hadn't popped the tyre. so yes i would say i'm a better driver than him

Its his third time Craig

you are right i passed first time but you are wrong about how i think i'm better than people that took longer. e.g. if a person fails because of going through a red light or something minor i wouldnt say they are a bad driver but if someone knocks a mirror off a parked car i'd say yes i am a better driver. e.g. one of my mates took 4 tests to pass and he failed one because he went up on the curb so fast the instructor made him get out to make sure he hadn't popped the tyre. so yes i would say i'm a better driver than him

i think you missed my point some time ago...

S'pose you've never put a foot wrong behind the wheel, have you...

I've clipped a wing mirror before, and my friends tell me I'm a very safe driver. Things like that just happen sometimes. I didn't see Magma's test so I've got no idea if he's a bad driver, nor does anybody else. And like Craig says, the amount of times it takes you to pass has no bearing on how good a driver you are. One of the worst drivers I know passed first time. One of my friends failed his first test in January, and has not tried since because he's in a huff. Now THAT is the wrong attitude. Keep trying Magma.

Ps Triggy skipping a red light is not neccessarily something minor. I've seen some people end up in a very nasty way after accidents caused by people doing just that.

My brother had about ten tests, then when he eventually passed, immediately got a job where he covered about 80000 miles a year. He's never had an accident since, so Craig's point about the number of test having no relevance to how safe a driver you are stands up imo.

Been a couple of hours since the test and I've completely forgotten about it, as everyone is saying I should keep on going and carry on taking tests which I'm am. And I cant wait 2 pass my test hate being a bloody learner.

Been a couple of hours since the test and I've completely forgotten about it, as everyone is saying I should keep on going and carry on taking tests which I'm am. And I cant wait 2 pass my test hate being a bloody learner.

When you get your next test date don't tell anyone. Go to the test, pass it, then announce it. Little bit less pressure.

When you get your next test date don't tell anyone. Go to the test, pass it, then announce it. Little bit less pressure.

Yeah I will do

Its his third time Craig

correct

I've clipped a wing mirror before, and my friends tell me I'm a very safe driver. Things like that just happen sometimes. I didn't see Magma's test so I've got no idea if he's a bad driver, nor does anybody else. And like Craig says, the amount of times it takes you to pass has no bearing on how good a driver you are. One of the worst drivers I know passed first time. One of my friends failed his first test in January, and has not tried since because he's in a huff. Now THAT is the wrong attitude. Keep trying Magma.

Ps Triggy skipping a red light is not neccessarily something minor. I've seen some people end up in a very nasty way after accidents caused by people doing just that.

depends on location/situation. i mean't it turning red as you are right next to the lights and you are unsure if you should stop or keep going

pointless worrying about it. it's only a driving test, there a far more important things in life

Its his third time Craig

correct

Have you ever gone through a light on red? Seeing as you seem to advocate it as a 'minor'....

Most people shouldn't pass their test.

And then they should be restricted to low CC cars (that take at least 18s+ to get from 0-60) and preferable 60 mph limited until they are at least 21, or preferably 25.

Perhaps there should also be a large spike directed at their genitals that is directly linked to the front bumper too - would probably cut out a lot of idiocy.

Edited by Fop

Failed my test, hit a fucking wing mirror on a parked car, got my test terminated and I'm proper gutted :angry:

HAHAHAHA

You're such a fucking marmite sailor Triggy... :jesuswept:

It'll happen Magma - someone who passes his test 3rd time around is no worse a driver than one who passed first time. Just a little more out of pocket, that's all.

dont be silly. imo if he managed to fail by hitting a parked cars wing mirror he obviously isn't ready for his test yet

he didn't pass though did he knob-jockey...? :D

Triggy didn't say that Magma wasn't ready to pass, he said he wasn't ready to sit his test.

Read the fucking thread properly Dave.

OOoooOOoOoOooooh :lol: Scar acting up mate?

Magma has just sat the test for the second time and failed - hence my comment about being a 'third time passer' making him no worse than a first timer.... Triggy decides that it's a silly comment to make for some reason.

He's obviously a member of the "i passed first time therefore I'm a better driver' brigade - what a load of all tosh, all drivers are assesed to the same level so if you pass, you've made the grade. I bet Triggy's also one of these who reckons he's a bigger man for eating a hotter curry than the next bloke too :icon_lol:

FWIW - I passed first time before it's claimed I'm sticking up for a fellow failer.

All I did was clarify triggy's post.

Don't think Magma's a bad driver or a good driver, I know a load of bad driver who passed first time and a load of good drivers who failed a stack of times. I would say that an unscrupulous instructor could easily eke out a few more lessons from a learner by submitting them for the test when they're not sufficiently prepared. Say it would take 20 lessons for Joe Bloggs to pass the practical test, Snidey driving instructor puts him in for it after 15 lessons, Joe fails, Snidey books him in for another 10 lessons, earning him another £200...

The ways he's failing don't sound like that's the case, just strike me as nerves tbh.

I passed first time and know damned well I was a bad driver, but then as I've grown up my driving has improved.

I'd suggest however our Magma should maybe not tell anyone that he's taking the test so there's no pressure what-so-ever.