I've had enough

AshleyOut!

Hi all, first post on here, been reading the site for a good few months however. Secondly, I'd like to point out I've watched Newcastle since 1969 and have never looked back since. I've enjoyed the highs, and witnessed many lows.

Unfortunately in this day and age, football in the Premiership is a joke. There's just nothing enticing me to Premiership football, and I've fallen out of love with Newcastle United. I just can't get up for games anymore, and just don't enjoy watching us play. I've lived in Leeds all my life, I love the place, and the people, and have a soft spot for Leeds United too.

Last Tuesday I went along to Elland Road to watch Leeds United play local team Bradford City, only £10, a great game of football and an atmosphere I haven't heard at SJP for at least a decade. I was in their Kop, and I could only wish we had that sort of atmosphere at SJP.

The past week or so has been the last straw for myself with regards to Ashley and Keegan. As you can imagine, I've seen the many lows, but this past week or so has surpassed any other of my Newcastle supporting life. It's been so depressing, we are the laughing stock of football. Keegan should have never been hired in the first place; but once again, good ol' Ashley trying to get into our good books, and we mugs have all fallen for it. It makes me sick when he stands in our end with his 'nice, shiny replica shirt' on in all glory; I mean, who the fuck is he? He's a fucking Spurs fan.

Coventry away was and is my last game watching the Toon as long as Mike Ashley is there. I'm voting with my feet, and that ugly cunt isn't getting anymore of my money.

My kids both support Leeds United, and I will be attending a lot of Elland Road Leeds United games with them in the meantime, I've even got a white-blue-yellow scarf. I prefer watching Leeds than us at the moment, sure, they may be in League One, but the football is what I fell in love with. Honest, hard, professional people, getting stuck in, passionate fans, intimidating atmospheres. I've been to 104 English football grounds, and Leeds has the best atmosphere for me from 1980 onwards, it's a pleasure to be part of. People say we have the best fans, but at the moment, I don't think we're a patch on Leeds, we need to follow suite on them, as said, the last time I had heard an atmosphere like that was over a decade ago, probably before seats were compulsive.

Newcastle will always be in my heart, but while Ashley is in charge with Dennis Wise pulling the strings from behind the scenes, I'm afraid I'll have to take my football to Elland Road. I'm getting to an age where travelling up to Newcastle every fortnight on a Saturday is tedious, same old journey, same old tripe. Leeds have a far better package for my limited budget.

I'd love to see things change, but due to this ownership, I can't see owt happening too quickly.

Fuck off Wise, Fuck off Ashley.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds

and Leeds

and Leeds

and Leeds

SHIT!

And what are we at the moment? 20 years ago I fucking hated Leeds United, especially in 1990 when they were promoted and we weren't, but now as I reach the age of 66, I don't hold any bones against them now. I'd love for us play Leeds in the league again, the atmosphere would be like that of derby day.

Hi all, first post on here, been reading the site for a good few months however. Secondly, I'd like to point out I've watched Newcastle since 1969 and have never looked back since. I've enjoyed the highs, and witnessed many lows.

Unfortunately in this day and age, football in the Premiership is a joke. There's just nothing enticing me to Premiership football, and I've fallen out of love with Newcastle United. I just can't get up for games anymore, and just don't enjoy watching us play. I've lived in Leeds all my life, I love the place, and the people, and have a soft spot for Leeds United too.

Last Tuesday I went along to Elland Road to watch Leeds United play local team Bradford City, only £10, a great game of football and an atmosphere I haven't heard at SJP for at least a decade. I was in their Kop, and I could only wish we had that sort of atmosphere at SJP.

The past week or so has been the last straw for myself with regards to Ashley and Keegan. As you can imagine, I've seen the many lows, but this past week or so has surpassed any other of my Newcastle supporting life. It's been so depressing, we are the laughing stock of football. Keegan should have never been hired in the first place; but once again, good ol' Ashley trying to get into our good books, and we mugs have all fallen for it. It makes me sick when he stands in our end with his 'nice, shiny replica shirt' on in all glory; I mean, who the fuck is he? He's a fucking Spurs fan.

Coventry away was and is my last game watching the Toon as long as Mike Ashley is there. I'm voting with my feet, and that ugly cunt isn't getting anymore of my money.

My kids both support Leeds United, and I will be attending a lot of Elland Road Leeds United games with them in the meantime, I've even got a white-blue-yellow scarf. I prefer watching Leeds than us at the moment, sure, they may be in League One, but the football is what I fell in love with. Honest, hard, professional people, getting stuck in, passionate fans, intimidating atmospheres. I've been to 104 English football grounds, and Leeds has the best atmosphere for me from 1980 onwards, it's a pleasure to be part of. People say we have the best fans, but at the moment, I don't think we're a patch on Leeds, we need to follow suite on them, as said, the last time I had heard an atmosphere like that was over a decade ago, probably before seats were compulsive.

Newcastle will always be in my heart, but while Ashley is in charge with Dennis Wise pulling the strings from behind the scenes, I'm afraid I'll have to take my football to Elland Road. I'm getting to an age where travelling up to Newcastle every fortnight on a Saturday is tedious, same old journey, same old tripe. Leeds have a far better package for my limited budget.

I'd love to see things change, but due to this ownership, I can't see owt happening too quickly.

Fairweather tbh. :D

Funny how the fantastic atmosphere was against the local rivals Bradford City - how strange :D:icon_lol: Leeds v Bradford has always had a bit of an edge to it.

Go and support Leeds. If we are a bigger laughing stock than them, I'd be surprised. Is there a genuine football fan anywhere who wasn't chuffed to fuck with the demise of Leeds Utd?? I doubt it.

Fairweather tbh. :D

Now? Yes. I do agree with you. I attended every home and away game from inbetween 1976-1985 though, just with age, I can't afford it, I've now got Grandchildren, I'm personally 66, retired and living off my pension. Money is tight, and coupled with everything else that is going on at the club, trecking all the way up to Newcastle is just not financially fesiable, where on the other hand, Elland Road is only a 15 minute walk away, I get in for around £10 each match as I'm an OAP, good day out, get to stand with my two sons in that Kop and enjoy a good, hard, honest game of English football.

Funny how the fantastic atmosphere was against the local rivals Bradford City - how strange :D:icon_lol: Leeds v Bradford has always had a bit of an edge to it.

Go and support Leeds. If we are a bigger laughing stock than them, I'd be surprised. Is there a genuine football fan anywhere who wasn't chuffed to fuck with the demise of Leeds Utd?? I doubt it.

I went to a few Leeds games last season, Millwall, Carlisle in the league, Gillingham and Carlisle in the Play Offs, each time the atmosphere was something else. Things in recent years have gone pale. We haven't had an atmosphere to aspire too since the 1970's, when we only had three stands. Nothing else can touch those years now, due to Sky, health and safety etc.

I was sad to see a great club like Leeds go down the shitter. Living in Leeds, you get a feel for the place, and Leeds United FC is a huge part of city life here. I can only hope they get back to where they belong in the top 6 of English football, what Newcastle fan could ever forget us winning 4-3 at Elland Road in 2002?

Each to their own I suppose but you wouldn't catch me wearing any other clubs scarf.

Just out of interest, where abouts in Newcastle were you from?

Never lived in Newcastle mate. Parents were both from Newcastle, yet in 1940, due to the war and jobs being available in Leeds in a bakery, my Father and Mother moved down to Leeds. They were massive Newcastle fans and I was raised that way. It's not really a Leeds scarf, just an old scarf I bought years ago (about 20) while away in America which just happens to have Leeds United colours.

Each to their own I suppose but you wouldn't catch me wearing any other clubs scarf.

Never lived in Newcastle mate. Parents were both from Newcastle, yet in 1940, due to the war and jobs being available in Leeds in a bakery, my Father and Mother moved down to Leeds. They were massive Newcastle fans and I was raised that way. It's not really a Leeds scarf, just an old scarf I bought years ago (about 20) while away in America which just happens to have Leeds United colours.

No offense but having never lived in the area I don't think you'll have a real grasp on the situation and how much the club means to not only the fans but the area itself.

Ive got to say that I too always check the Leeds results, because ultimately Id like to see the biggest teams in the top division. If MA hadnt come in, we could have been heading the same way so that is the only thing that I could credit him for.

I think the Premier League itself has ripped the heart out of football. They are squeezing the fans and now that theyve maximised the marketing potential of England, theyre looking overseas.

A few years down the line, I fear that the Premier League may be headed the same as the Rugby Superleague. Theyve just established a franchise where points were scored depending on size of club, location, success etc and those that scored the highest points are being placed into the Superleague and will remain there for 3 years regardless of whether they finish bottom or not. Theyve brought in Welsh teams, French teams and are talking about bringing Scottish teams into it to increase the marketing potential, despite the fact that Rugby League isnt really a spectated sport in those areas.

MA has ultimately ruined it for me. After FS you think that things could only get better where really things have got far worse. Ive been to quite a few Arngrove league games and that really is grass roots football. Taking it to a higher level, Ive watched a few Hartlepool games in the town end, stood side by side on the Terraces, pie & Bovril at half time and generally a decent atmosphere. The thing is, to go to these league 1 games now is about £20 which is a product of the increase at the top. Fans are being squeezed out all over the football league. If you wanted to take a family, you're talking £80 a weekend for 90 mins which is getting too much in the current financial situation.

No offense but having never lived in the area I don't think you'll have a real grasp on the situation and how much the club means to not only the fans but the area itself.

Where did I question that? I only know way too well! I'm just saying, it's the same in Leeds too.

I always remember driving up to Newcastle in the 1970's/80's/90's/00's and feeling nothing but pride when the majority of what you saw was black and white scarfs hanging out of windows etc, then when you went over the bridge and all you could see was black and white, amazing feeling. Sadly, I don't get that buzz anymore.

Sometimes I wish we could swap places with Leeds in League One and have a club we could call our own again.

I think a bit of a reality check is in order for you and a lot of Newcastle supporters.

Another 'low' for NUFC???

We are in the Premiership. We are pretty much solvent as a company. We have around 35 - 40 thousand season ticket holders (a fair few of which have signed up already for another two years).

We have a squad, which admittedly thin, has some good mid-table (at worst) players.

The 'low' that NUFC are in at the moment is only about the structure the owner wants the club to adopt and the fact that the manager resigned.

Until results start going pear-shaped there is no catastrophic 'low' that NUFC are in. And no-one, but no-one, knows how results and team performances will go from here.

I don't really see anything positive in what has happened to Leeds. I don't see how the club is your own either when you have someone like Bates running the show. I appreciate the cynicism towards the PL but swap places with Leeds? Have a word man.

Where did I question that? I only know way too well! I'm just saying, it's the same in Leeds too.

I always remember driving up to Newcastle in the 1970's/80's/90's/00's and feeling nothing but pride when the majority of what you saw was black and white scarfs hanging out of windows etc, then when you went over the bridge and all you could see was black and white, amazing feeling. Sadly, I don't get that buzz anymore.

Sometimes I wish we could swap places with Leeds in League One and have a club we could call our own again.

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, good night,

I'm glad you're gone and left this pretty sight.

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, adieu,

Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu.

It's been a long anticipated decline and many people have been looking forward to getting back to the 30K hard core supporters, who'll sing their hearts out for the lads through thick and thin.

I live in Leeds for a few years and went to a fair few games at Elland road and to be honest mate, the atmosphere was only good when they were winning, which admittedly has been often recently (but that's not surprising given the opposition). The thing is I want to be entertained and while kicking seven shades of shit out of each other used to be what football was about, that's just not it anymore. I want to see passion and grit and determination, sure, but I can see that at Newcastle.

I support Newcastle not because we're successful, not because we're assured of glorious football. I support Newcastle because I have no other choice. If Leeds conceded I didn't care, not really, I might have put my hands to my face, or swore at the linesman or whatever, but I know damn well that I'd not be at all affected as soon as I stepped outside the (flatpack IKEA) ground. My heart just wasn't really in it. But I can be on the other side of the world and catch the Newcastle score on the internet, it can ruin my day if we've drawn with Tranmere in the cup. I mean I can be sat on a beautiful beach somewhere with a face like thunder because we've got to host a replay with a non-entity club that we should have finished off at the first time of asking.

I suppose I'm saying, go support Leeds because, frankly, if you're the type of fan who gives up when the shit has hit the fan (pni), then you're not and never have been, a true Newcastle supporter.

I've been to Elland Road to watch Leeds v Lazio, Leeds v Man Utd (twice), Leeds v Sunderland, and Leeds v The Toon five times, and I can honestly say the atmosphere is always wank. Leeds v Man Utd is supposed to be a passionate fixture, I can recall two marching on togethers and 1 we are leeds. Wank atmosphere, if we think we've got problems go to Elland Road.

Our survey says NUR NURRRRRRRRRRRR

WUM