March / Protest Details

Craig

The only thing that will get a rise out of the people that matter (other than a brothel-esq FFS & Feckless Hall "mugs..." and a knowing smile) is something that worries them commercially.

Yes but 10,000 people not buying a pie isn't going to make the headlines. The visual protests will have a bigger long term impact IMO.

The worry is that the visual protests will be fifty wet blokes under a soggy misspelled banner, weakly chanting "sack the board". Then the very real anti-Ashley sentiment will be forgotten by the mass media, to be replaced with "Lets laugh at the silly Geordies".

I'd be behind a march if it was an idea that had been undertaken by the fans en masse, but it won't be. Frankly who gives a shit if fifty blokes stand outside the ground, when there's 35,000 inside?

And if everyone thinks like that there really will just be about 50 people because the majority of people won't turn up 'in case they're the only one'.

Oh, no doubt, but this "march" would have been better organised for the Tottenham game, one where you can build impetus, awareness and (of course) support. I believe that if people really got their act together there'd be an impressive show of force from the public, unfortunately there seems to be hundred ideas going off half cocked.

It'd be good if the Tottenham game could be boycotted en masse, I just get the feeling that people will have forgotten totally by then or just not care.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great effort this, it's good to see there's people who've forgotten what happened last week already. This international break came at a good time for Fat Cunt. I guess I've become a radical amongst the usual fans for not wanting anything to do with the ground on matchday. ;)

Seeing as you're a casual fan (I have no problem with that btw) I think I'm right in saying you probably didn't have Hull at home marked down as a must see game when the fixtures came out.

Great effort this, it's good to see there's people who've forgotten what happened last week already. This international break came at a good time for Fat Cunt. I guess I've become a radical amongst the usual fans for not wanting anything to do with the ground on matchday. ;)

Seeing as you're a casual fan (I have no problem with that btw) I think I'm right in saying you probably didn't have Hull at home marked down as a must see game when the fixtures came out.

Like I said I have no problem with whatever protest people decide to make. I do know I intend going into the ground (MrStrongbow permitting) I do not expect someone to hurl abuse or physically try to stop me. As someone has said people who go into the game care just as much.

Edited by bobbyshinton

I've made my feelings known on this before, but to reiterate, I will be going to support my TEAM. If you misconstrue this as support of the regime, you're wrong. But NUFC were around long before Ashley and will survive long after. The XI players on the pitch are my priority - my "boycoutt" will be not spending any money in any NUFC-related stores, and singing my fuckin heart oot for the team/against the regime.

Singing section has a lot of work to do on Saturday.

I've made my feelings known on this before, but to reiterate, I will be going to support my TEAM. If you misconstrue this as support of the regime, you're wrong. But NUFC were around long before Ashley and will survive long after. The XI players on the pitch are my priority - my "boycoutt" will be not spending any money in any NUFC-related stores, and singing my fuckin heart oot for the team/against the regime.

Thing is that is what they want. Not saying it's wrong, just saying much like FFS, Feckless Hall and co. it won't do anything to shift them. Only £££'s talk.

The only thing that will get a rise out of the people that matter (other than a brothel-esq FFS & Feckless Hall "mugs..." and a knowing smile) is something that worries them commercially.

Yes but 10,000 people not buying a pie isn't going to make the headlines. The visual protests will have a bigger long term impact IMO.

Aye, because Ashley has shown how much he cares about negative press.

Freddy Shepherd might have bent to the whim of the papers every time things looked a tad dodgy, Ashley is clearly not as weak willed.

Edited by Happy Face

Thing is that is what they want. Not saying it's wrong, just saying much like FFS, Feckless Hall and co. it won't do anything to shift them. Only £££'s talk.

And the commercial side of thinks can take a far bigger immediate hit than the gate receipts.

FACT!

And the commercial side of thinks can take a far bigger immediate hit than the gate receipts.

FACT!

[alex]things[/alex]

FACT!

It is a fact that boycotting a game you've already paid for won't hurt the regime.

I was just thinking. Do you think it is at all possible for this protest to go ahead without it being completely and utterly cringe worthy? I imagine the banner will say something like "Ashley Out!" or even "Ashlee Out!" or for the inventive "Cashley Out!" etc. Wise might even get a mention. But, I'm wondering if half of these people would know what they are protesting for? Is it Wise we want out? Is it Ashley we need rid of or his advisors? Is the set up such a bad thing and was it really Keegan just maybe a bad choice for that set up? These are the questions in my head right now and I dont know the answers.

I really dont think its as simple as whenever the club fucks up we stamp our feet and demand change. We dont even know what the problem is so its tough to ask for change. I dont like Wise, then again it was said recently that most people who dont know him, dont like him. I honestly dont know what he brings to the table (other than a stood with big fucking legs). So why do I want him out? Is it because he is cast as the demon in the this play that we support Keegan in? Are these Wise' doings or is he just carrying out his role as dictated by Ashley? Is Ashleys master plan to make us into a selling club? (which is my current fear).

Honestly I just dont know. My heads still done in over the whole thing and the clubs silence is making it worse. I've still not ordered tickets for the Spurs game, still undecided if Ill go or not.

I was just thinking. Do you think it is at all possible for this protest to go ahead without it being completely and utterly cringe worthy? I imagine the banner will say something like "Ashley Out!" or even "Ashlee Out!" or for the inventive "Cashley Out!" etc. Wise might even get a mention. But, I'm wondering if half of these people would know what they are protesting for? Is it Wise we want out? Is it Ashley we need rid of or his advisors? Is the set up such a bad thing and was it really Keegan just maybe a bad choice for that set up? These are the questions in my head right now and I dont know the answers.

I really dont think its as simple as whenever the club fucks up we stamp our feet and demand change. We dont even know what the problem is so its tough to ask for change. I dont like Wise, then again it was said recently that most people who dont know him, dont like him. I honestly dont know what he brings to the table (other than a stood with big fucking legs). So why do I want him out? Is it because he is cast as the demon in the this play that we support Keegan in? Are these Wise' doings or is he just carrying out his role as dictated by Ashley? Is Ashleys master plan to make us into a selling club? (which is my current fear).

Honestly I just dont know. My heads still done in over the whole thing and the clubs silence is making it worse. I've still not ordered tickets for the Spurs game, still undecided if Ill go or not.

The only thing I know for a fact is that Ashley and Wise have lied to me. I was the same as you last week, until their "Facts" came out. As their customer, I don't really like being lied to. I'd rather not be their customer as a result. But since i was shopping at St James' before they were selling, it should be them who fuck off.

Aye, you;re right about those "facts". For one they didnt tell the whole story that everyone knew about given previous quotes from Wise and the club. That pissed me off. The "fact" they done that rather than try to appease the fans. That pissed me off. Plus the "fact" that I feel like I have been duped into buying a 3 year season ticket. That pissed me off.

So, I do feel like I've been lied to and mislead.

What I'd like, is these simple accusations I'm making addressed by the club.

Will be interesting to read the match notes in the match program. Not that I'll buy one like.

TBH you'll be lucky if theres more than 1000 people protesting outside, i mean, most of us wanna go in there for kick off and show our support to the players and encourage them, maybe it would be wise to protest before kick off...go watch the match then do the same after..

Edited by henda11

We need three points today regardless who's in charge, so fuck not going in before kick off, ridiculous idea, and it's one which I've noticed on MBs which has been championed by a lot of people who don't even have tickets. It's very easy to sit there and say miss the first 15 minutes, or don't go as a protest when these people don't even have season tickets.

I read in the paper today there's a protest AFTER the game, does anyone know any details regarding this?

I've not heard anything specific planned for after but the trouble with those "congregate outside the Reception afterwards" protests is that they always attract rentamong, the only place we can guarantee a good quality vocal protest is within the ground.

I've not heard anything specific planned for after but the trouble with those "congregate outside the Reception afterwards" protests is that they always attract rentamong, the only place we can guarantee a good quality vocal protest is within the ground.

I'll be avoiding the front entrance like the plague after the game. Cringe-tastic!

I'll be avoiding the front entrance like the plague after the game. Cringe-tastic!

Yeah, best not to support anyone trying to make a change at the club eh? :D

Yeah, best not to support anyone trying to make a change at the club eh? :lol:

:thumbup: Honestly mate are you literally having a laugh? Did you sit with your back to the telly when Final Score came on?

:thumbup: Honestly mate are you literally having a laugh? Did you sit with your back to the telly when Final Score came on?

Hey if you're happy with the way things are that's fine.

How can I be happy when I know how sad it's making you?

How can I be happy when I know how sad it's making you?

Ohhh I get it now, you're actually on a downer with things at the club but you're having problems directing it at the right people so you're trying to make yourself feel better by winding people up on an internet forum. Okay, congrats, you can have a gold star, I'll try my hardest not to bite on your daftarse comments anymore.