David Cameron heading for election landslide

Meenzer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Labour could have done something about the current situation.

It was patently obvious to anyone that actually looked that the global boom was largely being sustained by 1 time issues, and that the longest period of sustained economic growth ever wouldn't actually last forever, and that debt and risk we're being treated like condoms in a 1980 orgy.

But just like the dot.com bubble, even those that supposedly did know better, ignored the signs and kept their snouts in the trough.

In all honesty though the main reason why Labour has to lose the next election isn't really to do with the current conditions, it's the utter nepotism, sleazy and frankly corruption inherent in any party that has been in power for more than 2 terms. Ed Balls is a perfect example of this.

And that "we're listening" goes from actually meaning something like "we're listening" to "crush them with tanks" the longer it goes on.

I assumed this thread would have been bumped because Cameron's lead has been cut to 4 points in the latest poll, but apparently not. I wouldn't bet on a tory landslide just yet. Frankly I'm amazed that any person from the North East could want the tories in or even be so apathetic about the possibility, but never mind.

I assumed this thread would have been bumped because Cameron's lead has been cut to 4 points in the latest poll, but apparently not. I wouldn't bet on a tory landslide just yet. Frankly I'm amazed that any person from the North East could want the tories in or even be so apathetic about the possibility, but never mind.

I'm amazed anyone could want Labour to have another term (then again I guess there are the people that voted Conservative in 1997).

Obama..... chaaaaange.....

I'm amazed anyone could want Labour to have another term (then again I guess there are the people that voted Conservative in 1997).

Exactly, there's no viable alternative, but people think the tories are the solution, then more fool them.

I think overall Newcastle/the North East is far better off than it was 10 years ago. Maybe a result of boom and bust, but people up here won't forget what a shit-hole it was when the tories couldn't give a fuck.

I can see why no-one middle class or wealthy would want Labour to have another term.

Edited by Happy Face

Exactly, there's no viable alternative, but people think the tories are the solution, then more fool them.

Anyone is the solution.

I think overall Newcastle/the North East is far better off than it was 10 years ago. Maybe a result of boom and bust, but people up here won't forget what a shit-hole it was when the tories couldn't give a fuck.

I can see why no-one middle class or wealthy would want Labour to have another term.

Mostly that yes.

If things get really bad it'll be more of the same as jobs are shed.

simple truths are that whoever goes into power next has a largely failing economy (that will by all accounts recover by dec 09) an apathetic audience (i.e. us) and political infighting ( brown and cameron are neither parties best mp's for leaders, (brown beleiving he was due some credit for the boom years in the UK ) (cameron being an egostistical bastard). but we have no real alternative.

lib dems are too wolly and no one has had confidence in them for years. green... no. bnp and other extremists.... no.

what to do? :razz:

simple truths are that whoever goes into power next has a largely failing economy (that will by all accounts recover by dec 09) an apathetic audience (i.e. us) and political infighting ( brown and cameron are neither parties best mp's for leaders, (brown beleiving he was due some credit for the boom years in the UK ) (cameron being an egostistical bastard). but we have no real alternative.

lib dems are too wolly and no one has had confidence in them for years. green... no. bnp and other extremists.... no.

what to do? :razz:

Better the devil you know :(

I assumed this thread would have been bumped because Cameron's lead has been cut to 4 points in the latest poll, but apparently not. I wouldn't bet on a tory landslide just yet.

Brown would have to call a snap election right now to capitalise on that, though. If he holds out until 2010, people will have seen through his economic "rescue" measures by then.

I assumed this thread would have been bumped because Cameron's lead has been cut to 4 points in the latest poll, but apparently not. I wouldn't bet on a tory landslide just yet.

Brown would have to call a snap election right now to capitalise on that, though. If he holds out until 2010, people will have seen through his economic "rescue" measures by then.

By which time cameron will have been caught with an orange in his gob and and a Peppermill up his hoop, getting spanked off his secretary.......... tories man -no imaginations.

well the lib dems aren't going to win shite, and the conservatives are in in my area, and have been for a while. they'll win again, because where i live has the highest population of millionares per head seemingly.....

i think david cameron is by far the more charismatic leader than brown, but thats like saying i'd rather have ebola than non curable cancer.

i reckon despite the recent outrage on the bnp , there will be more people than ever before voting for them. of course a lot of it is reactionary bs in relation to the weakened stance on immigrants imposed by the labour govt.

also this labour govt (or at least its front man) got us into this mess where jobs are now at risk and the currency is devalued as they've f***ed the economy up.

having said that i'm not voting.

Doesn't matter who wins. But they want Cameron to win.

The economic problems are nothing to do with nation states it is a worldwide crisis.

As opposed to the tory measures?

Cameron and Osborne will still be smug twats in 18 months time, nothing will change that. The fact they haven't gained more support by now is proof they are fundamentally disliked.

By which time cameron will have been caught with an orange in his gob and and a Peppermill up his hoop, getting spanked off his secretary.......... tories man -no imaginations.

:razz:

Better than my response, for sure.

It's a sad state of affairs when more and more people appear to be voting against a party, rather than for a party.

Hasn't it always been the case? Even a vote for "change we can believe in" Obama was just a vote against Bush who hadn't quite fucked things up enough at home to warrant a beating off Kerry in '04.

Both main parties policies are basically the same on either side of the Atlantic. You're only voting on personality if you see those two as your only choice.

...again this is a worldwide economic crisis.

:(

Better than my response, for sure.

When it comes to sharp political analysis, i won't be beat tbf :razz:

It's a sad state of affairs when more and more people appear to be voting against a party, rather than for a party.

Hasn't it always been the case? Even a vote for "change we can believe in" Obama was just a vote against Bush who hadn't quite fucked things up enough at home to warrant a beating off Kerry in '04.

Both main parties policies are basically the same on either side of the Atlantic. You're only voting on personality if you see those two as your only choice.

The money behind Obama won the election, peoples preferences had nowt to do with it.

Regardless of how true that may be, and no matter how much Brown keeps claiming "the Americans started it", people will still blame the government of the day at the ballot box when they're out of a job and the country's in a depression.

Is it worldwide? Or is it only limited to those countries blindly following the Chicago school model? Admittedly, that's almost all.

Brazil (Latin America's largest economy) and their state-owned oil firm Petrobras aren't doing too bad?

http://www.brookings.edu/opinions/2008/101...s_cardenas.aspx

Regardless of how true that may be, and no matter how much Brown keeps claiming "the Americans started it", people will still blame the government of the day at the ballot box when they're out of a job and the country's in a depression.

I don't make any of my plans or ideation in relation to what people might or might not do and nor do our leaders. They are part of a cyclic elite, a governing class if you like most of whom are about as far removed from everyday realities as it gets. They blame Brown cause they

don't want to think about things too much and this is how it continues. But real pain is coming.

Sad but true - I overheard two people in our accounts department who know exactly what has caused this crisis, come out with the cliched "Labour have fucked up the economy and we need the tories to put it right as always" - decent people overall but simple southern twats when it comes to politics.