I'm Not Toon You Think!

henda11

quite a funny article on the sun website... poor bastard..

A RESTAURANTEUR was attacked in a pub – after being mistaken for loathed Toon boss Mike Ashley.

Season-ticket holder Alan McKenna was enjoying a quiet drink with his cousins when another reveller swung for him – believing he was Newcastle owner Ashley.

The married dad-of-two, from Low Fell in Gateshead, said: “As soon as I walked through the door, I was approached by two guys.

mckenna2_180_585553a.jpg

Fat

“One of them said: 'Are you the owner of Newcastle United?'

“I knew there was going to be trouble because they seemed drunk and aggressive. They weren’t joking about it. I just laughed, trying to make light of the situation, and said ’no’.

“But one of them said: 'You f**king liar,' and went to throw a punch at me."

Alan added: “He didn’t manage to hit me because a couple of the lads I was with wrestled him away.

“I was shocked, I couldn’t believe that someone would do that. But now it keeps happening.”

Doppelganger ... Alan McKenna

North News & Pictures

Just a week later, at last Saturday’s home game against Hull, Alan was accosted in the toilets at St James’ Park by another unhappy fan.

He explained: “I went to the toilets and a guy came up to me and said: 'How did you get in here you sneaky fat b*****d?'

Alan was shocked at the comment.

He said: “I can’t believe he called me that, I’m not even that fat!”

The resemblance between the two men is striking – even by Mike Ashley’s standards.

He added: “I met Mike Ashley in a lift at St James’ Park last season. I said to him: 'I know what you are thinking Mike, I think you are handsome as well'.

“We had a bit of a laugh and I met him again a couple of weeks later at the Fulham game.

“He was in a box and recognised the lad I was with in the lift. He went over and asked: 'Where is your cheeky friend?'

“I was downstairs in the Bamburgh Suite. My restaurant, McKenna’s at the Northern Stage in Newcastle, had sponsored that game and Mike came down to chat to us.

“He stayed for about an hour-and-a-half, talking and having pictures taken.

“Mike was winding some girls up, saying that I was his brother. We had a laugh - he is a nice bloke and he has got a good sense of humour."

Advertisement

Alan added: “Even his PR team had their pictures taken with me because they couldn’t believe how much I looked like him.

“I have been mistaken for Mike Ashley quite a lot even though I don’t think we are that similar.

“When he was popular, people would often come and pat me on the back if I was walking through Newcastle, telling me what a great job I was doing.

“But now the abuse has really started. Just the other day, I was having my photograph taken outside my restaurant when some builders across the street shouted: 'Ashley, you are a f**king c**t.'

“I think I’m going to have to get a Newcastle shirt with 'I’m not Mike' on the back.

“I never used to mind looking like Mike Ashley - but after all this abuse, I’ve changed my mind!”

quite a funny article on the sun website... poor bastard..

A RESTAURAN ;) TEUR was attacked in a pub – after being mistaken for loathed Toon boss Mike Ashley.

Season-ticket holder Alan McKenna was enjoying a quiet drink with his cousins when another reveller swung for him – believing he was Newcastle owner Ashley.

“But now the abuse has really started. Just the other day, I was having my photograph taken outside my restaurant when some builders across the street shouted: 'Ashley, you are a f**king c**t.'

:ph34r:

He doesn't look that much like Ashley and to be fair to him he is a bit fat.

He must have made some decent money out of the article though.

Free advertising for his restaurant tbh.

Where is it again?

McKenna’s at the Northern Stage in Newcastle

Where?

Ah, fuck off you deserved to be chinned for wanting to look like that fucking cunt!

• 2 months later...