NUSC

Jusoda Kid

having read the comments made regarding the recent press statement i wonder exactly what people actually want to happen with regard to Mike Ashley, llambias and wise and their continued mis management of the club.

NUSC was set up because fans were clamouring for a single point of contact; a voice that would be heard and would eliminate the need for bedsheet protests and the so called rent a mob that embarresses some of you.

out of 52,000 supporters, 250 turned up and 25 to 30 offered their services for free to get a genuine supporters club up and running. anyone with any sense would see that a supporters club would need to be financed yet within days people are posting complaints about a £10 membership fee. next theyre criticising the representatives for putting out press statements they dont agree with.

guys; your missing the point. while the mechanisms of a supporters club are being set up - something that will take time - it is vital that we continue to keep the pressure on Ashley.

if NUSC put pressure on sponsors, they in turn will put pressure on Ashley. if he wont listen to the supporters he will almost certainly listen to the sponsors who wont want to see their own companies being dragged into a campaign that is none of their making. These are the people with the real power behind the throne. money talks, but lack of money talks more. Ashley is in a financial pickle at present and wants to use NUFC as the jewel that refills his even dwindling bank account. he wants to rip the club off for millions and is holding out for his best price.

Ashley and his mob will be laughing into their cristel this morning seeing the fans arguing amongst themselves; the so called best fans in the world getting hung up about scaring off sponsors, upsetting people and clubbing together with £10 each to form and orderly queue to beat them with feathers.

show your mettle guys; come up with suggestions on how we deal with Ashley. do we sit back and wait; if so for how long. do we take him at his word or do we fight back; embarress him, humiliate him; show him and his mob up for what they are - a group of individuals who in 3 months have done more damage to NUFC than any rent a mob .

do we picket his stores; organise sit ins; mass protest or do we wave the white hankie; winge on about the nasty rich man and his mates and go back to our keyboards and type bleating messages about fans who want to make a difference; how it might upset sponsors and damage the club. Remember, its Ashleys club for gods sake; he holds the keys.

scared off sponsors will come back; new sponsors will climb on board and sensible sponsors will join the chorus putting pressure on him.

at least the so called bed sheet protestors had the guts to get out there. similarly those who put their stake in the ground in trying to create a supporters club and put more sanctioned pressure on the owner and his mates.

If we hadnt protested before and after the Hull game he wouldnt have even contemplated selling up because he thought - and probably still does think - that he was in the right to sanction his executives to buy players and hand them to the manager. do you think Xisco is the finished article; worth £5 million;

come on guys. wake up and smell the coffee !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm sorry. You don't just get my tenner because you're well-intentioned if I think you're going about things the wrong way. And the money isn't even the issue. The 'pressure' you're on about is counter-productive. He's said he's selling, don't make it harder for him / give him an excuse to blame the fans for scuppering the deal. You broadly have my support but this isn't a good start imo.

If any of the accountants on this committee are in support of the idea of encouraging sponsors to withdraw support, I'd like to hear their arguments on how they see that making us an attractive investment. Seems a good way of making us unsalable to me.

Tbf I think it's just a threat to let Ashley know what the consequences could be, given that it's highly likely that he will have sold up by then.

Hot air imo.

No you're missing the point. Pressure has been applied and the club is up for sale. Now they are stamping their feet because it hasn't been sold quick enough. What they need to do is put out statements encouraging people to join and establishing the voted committee etc. The current press statement is fucking pointless and is just noise for noise's sake.

If they're going to put shit like this out the press are gonna fucking lap it up while the people they claim to speak for are sat shaking their head. I wonder did they submit this latest statement on a bedsheet.

having read the comments made regarding the recent press statement i wonder exactly what people actually want to happen with regard to Mike Ashley, llambias and wise and their continued mis management of the club.

NUSC was set up because fans were clamouring for a single point of contact; a voice that would be heard and would eliminate the need for bedsheet protests and the so called rent a mob that embarresses some of you.

out of 52,000 supporters, 250 turned up and 25 to 30 offered their services for free to get a genuine supporters club up and running. anyone with any sense would see that a supporters club would need to be financed yet within days people are posting complaints about a £10 membership fee. next theyre criticising the representatives for putting out press statements they dont agree with.

guys; your missing the point. while the mechanisms of a supporters club are being set up - something that will take time - it is vital that we continue to keep the pressure on Ashley.

if NUSC put pressure on sponsors, they in turn will put pressure on Ashley. if he wont listen to the supporters he will almost certainly listen to the sponsors who wont want to see their own companies being dragged into a campaign that is none of their making. These are the people with the real power behind the throne. money talks, but lack of money talks more. Ashley is in a financial pickle at present and wants to use NUFC as the jewel that refills his even dwindling bank account. he wants to rip the club off for millions and is holding out for his best price.

Ashley and his mob will be laughing into their cristel this morning seeing the fans arguing amongst themselves; the so called best fans in the world getting hung up about scaring off sponsors, upsetting people and clubbing together with £10 each to form and orderly queue to beat them with feathers.

show your mettle guys; come up with suggestions on how we deal with Ashley. do we sit back and wait; if so for how long. do we take him at his word or do we fight back; embarress him, humiliate him; show him and his mob up for what they are - a group of individuals who in 3 months have done more damage to NUFC than any rent a mob .

do we picket his stores; organise sit ins; mass protest or do we wave the white hankie; winge on about the nasty rich man and his mates and go back to our keyboards and type bleating messages about fans who want to make a difference; how it might upset sponsors and damage the club. Remember, its Ashleys club for gods sake; he holds the keys.

scared off sponsors will come back; new sponsors will climb on board and sensible sponsors will join the chorus putting pressure on him.

at least the so called bed sheet protestors had the guts to get out there. similarly those who put their stake in the ground in trying to create a supporters club and put more sanctioned pressure on the owner and his mates.

If we hadnt protested before and after the Hull game he wouldnt have even contemplated selling up because he thought - and probably still does think - that he was in the right to sanction his executives to buy players and hand them to the manager. do you think Xisco is the finished article; worth £5 million;

I think you're missing the point. The clarity of the posts before yours are cristel clear why they are miffed about this press release.

Good post.

Charismatic dictatorship is the way forward. <_<

If any of the accountants on this committee are in support of the idea of encouraging sponsors to withdraw support, I'd like to hear their arguments on how they see that making us an attractive investment. Seems a good way of making us unsalable to me.

Tbf I think it's just a threat to let Ashley know what the consequences could be, given that it's highly likely that he will have sold up by then.

Hot air imo.

Well what's the point in that? That doesn't make it ok.

To be honest Stevie, what worries me is your defending of the actions. I can see why you would have made statements like these, hoping to hurry along the process. However, I'd hope that you'd have taken things on board and maybe reconsidered what was said and thought about seeing how the next few days pan out. But no, you seem to be adamant you were right. Doesn't augur well for the future with regard to being a democratic organisation if the people running the show are all of the same ilk. I'd also like to see demands for information from the club about exactly what is happening. At least with regards to the deadlines. That might give you a more reasoned approach if the club were forthcoming because all we're getting at the miniute is contraditory press reports.

Good post.

Charismatic dictatorship is the way forward. <_<

Well they seem to be half-way there already.

I see people's reservations regarding the writing to sponsors, but imo it is tactically sound.

Unless Ashley calls our bluff. Because that's what it is. If he doesn't sell there's very little we can do unless we go the whole hog and permanently fuck the club. Lose-lose situation.

I see people's reservations regarding the writing to sponsors, but imo it is tactically sound.

Unless Ashley calls our bluff. Because that's what it is. If he doesn't sell there's very little we can do unless we go the whole hog and permanently fuck the club. Lose-lose situation.

I don't think he really wants to sell.

We might have to initially 'fuck the club' to win.

How exactly does that work though?

Does the "fuck the club" equation factor in the possibility of relegation? Although it was ridiculed at the time the appointment of Kinnear short term might be the best hope of staving off the possibility because under Hughton we were sinking fast.

How exactly does that work though?

No idea. But unless Ashley realises we will 'go the extra mile' he is going nowhere.

I think you're missing the point. The clarity of the posts before yours are cristel clear why they are miffed about this press release.

So; the point i am missing is that the press statement in some peoples opinion was mis guided; others think it was badly constructed and some say that it doesnt represent their own thoughts so they might take their ball home and not let anyone play with it.

perhaps NUSC should be an organisation that represents the cuckoo masses then, sitting back while the big bird shits in its nest; does everything democratically and "chatters while Rome burns" calls an agm in leazes park to save the expense of hiring a meeting room and sits back and takes Ashley at his word.

If we keep the pressure on and Ashley doesnt get a buyer (highly likely in the current climate) he might just have to come back and listen to us the fans; ask us to call off the dogs and work together with him until the situation settles down and the money markets and money people come genuinely to table.

far fetched perhaps but no more so than people running around trying to get consortiums together or pursuade football people to rally behind their half baked ideas to buy the club as is happening with the nigerians and south africans

No, I'm sorry. You don't just get my tenner because you're well-intentioned if I think you're going about things the wrong way. And the money isn't even the issue. The 'pressure' you're on about is counter-productive. He's said he's selling, don't make it harder for him / give him an excuse to blame the fans for scuppering the deal. You broadly have my support but this isn't a good start imo.

To be honest Stevie, what worries me is your defending of the actions. I can see why you would have made statements like these, hoping to hurry along the process. However, I'd hope that you'd have taken things on board and maybe reconsidered what was said and thought about seeing how the next few days pan out. But no, you seem to be adamant you were right. Doesn't augur well for the future with regard to being a democratic organisation if the people running the show are all of the same ilk. I'd also like to see demands for information from the club about exactly what is happening. At least with regards to the deadlines. That might give you a more reasoned approach if the club were forthcoming because all we're getting at the miniute is contraditory press reports.

Spot on Alex!

IMO it's not criticism for the sake of it, I would expect to have some sort of view, it aint a dictatorship.

I stand by my view, I am not waving the white flag, strength in action is necessary and it is vitally important that Cashley and his team get our message. As I said in my previous post sometimes it pays to wait 24 hours.

Parky man that is complete bollocks. Now is not the time for mystic bullshit.

IMO the writing to sponsors issue which is causing rumblings in the ranks is a good move.

This is not just about the MA reign, it puts down a marker to others that we are serious. In saying that it should

also be made clear that we are approachable and able to work with new owners, I think the statement covers that as well.

This was never going to be easy and it might hurt us with regard to our feelings for what is good for the club, but in the

short term we are going to have to grin and bear it.

As it stands the club is just an asset to MA....We need to show we will hurt 'his' asset.

if NUSC put pressure on sponsors, they in turn will put pressure on Ashley. if he wont listen to the supporters he will almost certainly listen to the sponsors who wont want to see their own companies being dragged into a campaign that is none of their making.

Indeed... so they will withdraw their money making us an even less attractive proposition.

if NUSC put pressure on sponsors, they in turn will put pressure on Ashley. if he wont listen to the supporters he will almost certainly listen to the sponsors who wont want to see their own companies being dragged into a campaign that is none of their making.

Indeed... so they will withdraw their money making us an even less attractive proposition.

We're not an attractive proposition full stop. The price is too high and we have a shit squad. The club isn't worth anymore than 240m.

Everyone familiar with this board will know that we love to disagree with pretty much everything here.

However - everyone wants a supporters club. Everyone agrees that its a great idea. (even me despite my concerns about the £10 fee).

These initial stages are crucial as to how future members will perceive the supporters club - not to mention the press and the football club itself so maybe the board of the club should slow down a bit and concentrate on setting up the voting system and attracting members.

Edited by Lazarus

We're not an attractive proposition full stop. The price is too high and we have a shit squad. The club isn't worth anymore than 240m.

Then the offers will reflect that and ashley will have to adjust accordingly. That's how any transaction works. Idiot fans creating additional noise in the background is not going to expedite this process.