NUSC

Jusoda Kid

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting the Toontastic link on there was a bit of a coup.

Are you actually saying that I shouldnt like? give up my time and energy (such as sitting all night building the site and then going to do a days work). Then use this place to post information about it and suddenly thats a bad thing? I tell visitors to the main site where they can find info on the NUSC, the main places are nufc.com, true-faith and here.

What would you like? me to stick N-O on there instead?

Getting the Toontastic link on there was a bit of a coup.

Are you actually saying that I shouldnt like? give up my time and energy (such as sitting all night building the site and then going to do a days work). Then use this place to post information about it and suddenly thats a bad thing? I tell visitors to the main site where they can find info on the NUSC, the main places are nufc.com, true-faith and here.

What would you like? me to stick N-O on there instead?

:lol: you need a hug mate?

Words just escape me at times, people do work for free for something they believe in, spend their time, personal funds and energy, foregoing a personal life at times (which frankly is whats happened over the last couple of weeks) and then others are just determined to have whatever pop they can regardless of how petty the pop actually is.

And yes, a hug would be good at the moment seeing as how another Saturday has disappeared while I work on this :)

Words just escape me at times, people do work for free for something they believe in, spend their time, personal funds and energy, foregoing a personal life at times (which frankly is whats happened over the last couple of weeks) and then others are just determined to have whatever pop they can regardless of how petty the pop actually is.

And yes, a hug would be good at the moment seeing as how another Saturday has disappeared while I work on this :)

Reckon that he was actually congratulating rather than saying it was undeserved...

Reckon that he was actually congratulating rather than saying it was undeserved...

I was, but I don't blame him for being touchy. He's had constant criticism of NUSC directed at him.

Edited by Sicklee Sausage Roll

Im not keen on this bit

NUSC is first, second, third….for the fans and name of Newcastle United, we don’t hate cockneys or any other nationality! We only hate what has been done to our club and want a solution to the current mess as soon as possible.

And this bit is out of date

NUSC representatives will distribute free newsletters to all supporters before the Blackburn match, containing info on how to join NUSC and more details on the aims of NUSC.

If it wants to be taken seriously, then that first paragraph needs taking out, especially the bit in bold.

I was, but I don't blame him for being touchy. He's had constant criticism of NUSC directed at him.

Apologies mate

Im not keen on this bit

NUSC is first, second, third….for the fans and name of Newcastle United, we don’t hate cockneys or any other nationality! We only hate what has been done to our club and want a solution to the current mess as soon as possible.

And this bit is out of date

NUSC representatives will distribute free newsletters to all supporters before the Blackburn match, containing info on how to join NUSC and more details on the aims of NUSC.

If it wants to be taken seriously, then that first paragraph needs taking out, especially the bit in bold.

Done, the index page had been thrown in as I wanted the new site to be in place for the statement being issued therefore I stuck the statement on, creating a new index page was low on my list of jobs (which I think was a mistake tbh as its the most important page. I've stuck a new amended version on but will look to create a better one soon.

With reference to this thread itself, I havent ignored it but I actually dont have the answers yet and dont want to post anything other than fact in here. If we're being honest theres been a couple of things rushed and cobbled together on this which in hindsight would have been better holding off until other things are sorted (such as the request for a joining fee before having the information for people).

My advice is the same, if you join now or in a months time its irrelevent to me or the NUSC therefore I would recommend holding off joining until you've seen the information on what its going to be going towards. Unless of course you are happy to join regardless. I would hope that people trust us enough not to just blow the cash on a trip to Fiji but fully understand the concerns people have.

£10 is a bit steep for me to pay.

if thats the amount then id need justification on how it would be spent and what would be done with any surplus before id cough up.

lets remember that NUSC came about following calls from thousands of fans to various websites and fanzines all asking what should we do to sort out Ashley, how should we protest and seeking some sort of co ordinated plan to oust Ashley, Wise, Llambias etc. When the guys at TF, The Mag and NUFC.COM responded, a meeting was called at very short notice and over 250 fans attended met and urged for a supporters club to be set up.

25 or 30 people volunteered to help set up NUSC; give up their time and effort for free and sow the seed that could be built upon to create THE Supporters Club.

Yes, it will cost money to set it up and given that the folks who have stepped forward are all volunteers, i think its something to be applauded not ridiculed or looked at in suspicious circumstances. Give them a chance. if you think the membership is too steep, let them know by e mailing them directly or sending in your membership with a polite note explaining your scepticism. I'm sure they are working on something which will show value for money in terms of the membership fee. It's only been two weeks so give them time. their website says that if it all goes belly up and they fold, any monies collected will be donated to the Sir Bobby Robson Cancer Fund, so dont think your gonna be ripped off. They have Accountants, Auditors and Solicitors among their ranks (all supporters of NUFC) who are giving up their time for free to ensure that this club starts off with all the right mechanisms in place and that no impropriety is taking place.

the most important thing however is that as Newcastle fans we all unite and keep the pressure on Ashley and his cronies. theyre still there; nothings changed except none of them bother to even attend matches never mind support the team but still collect astronomical pay packets taken straight from our pockets. Keep supporting the Team but dont support those running the club. Boycott Ashleys shops, dont spend money in the ground on match days and get behind a collective group of like minded fans who are trying to do their best to set up NUSC. Together we can make this happen. we can slso show any new owners that the fans of NUFC are united, capable and a collective force for good as long as we are not treated in the manner that the existing board have shown.

Together under one voice we can be a force to be reckoned with.

Whats a fucking tenner anyway tbh? It's not like they're asking for a hundred quid or some unreasonably large payment that should cause raised eyebrows.

A tenner's a fair bit to some people, especially if they're not sure what they're getting for it. I do think it's a little high for now personally, I think a fiver would be easier to get and more people would be prepared to risk that.

I don't want to get into a squabble about it, but it seemed a bit high to me and I can afford it. I don't want to be negative though, I think it's a great idea and I fully appreciate people giving up their own time to make it work - even if my offers to do the feem toon were ignored. :lol:

£10 isn't that much.

If you can't scrape that together you probably don't have enough money to be of consequence to the club anyway.

that makes you sound a right arsehole

I know - and I knew that when I posted it.

But it's true.

The Supporters Club is a society and you have to contribute to it so that the voice is heard.

£10 isn't that much.

If you can't scrape that together you probably don't have enough money to be of consequence to the club anyway.

thats not the point i was making. Surely the more members they get the better and the £10 joining fee will put alot of people off.

Also if they made it so people have the choice to how much they want to donate they may also get people donating more than £10.

Another reason why it would be better doing this imo is because if they need to raise money for a specific thing they could put on their website ' we need to raise £____ to fund _____. then people know what the money is being used for and are more likely to donate.

£10 isn't that much.

thats not the point i was making. Surely the more members they get the better and the £10 joining fee will put alot of people off.

Also if they made it so people have the choice to how much they want to donate they may also get people donating more than £10.

Another reason why it would be better doing this imo is because if they need to raise money for a specific thing they could put on their website ' we need to raise £____ to fund _____. then people know what the money is being used for and are more likely to donate.

I know what you mean but I'm sure some people will donate more anyway - £10 gets you your say.

It's basically paying for unity and not the rabble outside of the ground that SSN tends to pick up and make us look like idiots.

£10 isn't that much.

I know what you mean but I'm sure some people will donate more anyway - £10 gets you your say.

It's basically paying for unity and not the rabble outside of the ground that SSN tends to pick up and make us look like idiots.

So the £10 joining fee is to keep the rif-raf out?

£10 isn't that much.

you should really stop