England was a circus before Capello.

Park Life

Commented Ferdinand as he stepped out of his gold-plated Bentley :lol:

I do like the new approach though where no one is guaranteed their place.

Unless you're Gerrard or Lampard. Towards the end of the first half against Kazakhstan, I predicted Capello would bring Barry off and leave the Siamese twins on (caus he didn't have the balls to take one of them off instead); lo and behold....

Capello is the last person I'd accuse of not having balls tbh.

Bet your wife loves you like.

If she wants to keep the credit card yes.

So she wears the trousers then.

Only in bed. :jesuswept:

:icon_lol:

Commented Ferdinand as he stepped out of his gold-plated Bentley :lol:

I do like the new approach though where no one is guaranteed their place.

Unless you're Gerrard or Lampard. Towards the end of the first half against Kazakhstan, I predicted Capello would bring Barry off and leave the Siamese twins on (caus he didn't have the balls to take one of them off instead); lo and behold....

Capello is the last person I'd accuse of not having balls tbh.

Bet your wife loves you like.

If she wants to keep the credit card yes.

So she wears the trousers then.

Only in bed. :jesuswept:

:icon_lol:

Chastity belt is it? Hard lines.

Rio Ferdinand much prefers the current England set-up under the no-nonsense disciplinarian Fabio Capello to the soft-centred, celebrity-distracted circus it had become before the Italian took charge.

England defender and deputy captain Rio Ferdinand admits that the distractions surrounding the England team had turned it into a bit of a 'circus' before Fabio Capello took charge.

The 2006 World Cup in Germany saw the showbiz side of things running out of control when the squad were stationed at Baden-Baden and were accompanied by their wives and girlfriends, whose vacuous big-ticket shopping exploits were grabbing most of the headlines.

Forza Fabio!!

Rio Ferdinand is a prick like.

If he hadn't been a decent footballer, he'd be selling drugs on street corners and living in a shit hole probably

Rio Ferdinand much prefers the current England set-up under the no-nonsense disciplinarian Fabio Capello to the soft-centred, celebrity-distracted circus it had become before the Italian took charge.

England defender and deputy captain Rio Ferdinand admits that the distractions surrounding the England team had turned it into a bit of a 'circus' before Fabio Capello took charge.

The 2006 World Cup in Germany saw the showbiz side of things running out of control when the squad were stationed at Baden-Baden and were accompanied by their wives and girlfriends, whose vacuous big-ticket shopping exploits were grabbing most of the headlines.

Forza Fabio!!

If he hadn't been a decent footballer, he'd be selling drugs on street corners and living in a shit hole probably

:jesuswept:

Forza Fabio!!

well, he might have been a good dustman or something.

Weren't Croatia undefeated there in competitive games? That's test whether you consider it to be a lucky result or not, especially when it's the best side they've had since the great side they had in the mid-late 90s.

England didn't play well though, they just got a couple of rubs of the green and a final score that flattered.

The sign of a good team is winning when it's against you. We've not seen that at all.

Anyone that believes Capello has cracked it, is cracked at present. There's been no test. We're looking good to qualify for the WC, but then could quite happily go out straight away.

England did play well. I agree they got the rub of the green too. No one is saying he's cracked it though, are they? It was more the idea that playing the side ranked 5th or something by Fifa away on their patch (where they previously unbeaten) wasn't what you'd call a test. It most certainly was.

They didn't play all that well IMO (and that ranking is a relevant as all Fifa rankings :lol: ) and the unbeaten thing is really fairly meaningless too, much like our London jinx (all records stand until they don't).

But we're doing ok (although against teams we "should" beat), just don't be surprised it if all goes hideously wrong - some of his ideas have been bizarre and whilst he has correctly them usually, it's been his own mistake he's correcting.

We're having our best start ever (although how you weight that vs teams :jesuswept:), but just a few little things and we could be sat on very few points as well.

That match was still a 'test' whether you think they played well or not.

A test to see if we could be lucky? We passed. :jesuswept:

I've already agreed we were got some luck in that match. It's hardly like we only won because of pure luck though, is it? We were playing well before they had a man sent off. We may not have been dominating them the way we did later in the match but I don't really think you have to be murdering that Croatian team on their patch for 90 minutes before you're considered to be playing well. If things had gone a bit differently then maybe the result would have been different, but you could say that about most big matches involving well-matched sides. It doesn't mean (as in this case) the winners didn't play well. Nor does it mean that the Croatia game wasn't a difficult examination which England came through with flying colours. I think you probably agree as well but it would kill you to admit it.

I've already agreed we were got some luck in that match. It's hardly like we only won because of pure luck though, is it? We were playing well before they had a man sent off. We may not have been dominating them the way we did later in the match but I don't really think you have to be murdering that Croatian team on their patch for 90 minutes before you're considered to be playing well. If things had gone a bit differently then maybe the result would have been different, but you could say that about most big matches involving well-matched sides. It doesn't mean (as in this case) the winners didn't play well. Nor does it mean that the Croatia game wasn't a difficult examination which England came through with flying colours. I think you probably agree as well but it would kill you to admit it.

So basically, you agree. :lol:

So basically, you agree. :lol:

Apart from the bit about England not playing well, the game not being a testing one and the victory being all down to luck, yes.

A test to see if we could be lucky? We passed. :lol:

So basically, you agree. :icon_lol:

Apart from the bit about England not playing well, the game not being a testing one and the victory being all down to luck, yes.

You are just trying to put words in my mouth now, but it won't work, you've agreed. :jesuswept:

Edited by Fop

There's not really been a test though, Croatia was lucky.

England didn't play well though, they just got a couple of rubs of the green and a final score that flattered.

There's not really been a test though, Croatia was lucky.

:D

Apart from the bit about England not playing well,

They didn't play badly, but playing ok wasn't what won the game. :jesuswept:

the game not being a testing one

It wasn't, at all the moments it looked like it might be one, England got the rub. :lol:

and the victory being all down to luck, yes.

And I never said that at all, nice try though. :icon_lol:

So yes, you agree with me whether you admit it or not (not, of course). :angry:

Weren't Croatia undefeated there in competitive games? That's test whether you consider it to be a lucky result or not, especially when it's the best side they've had since the great side they had in the mid-late 90s.

belated reply to this post. seems a lot of the croat players are kind of past their best... both the kovac brothers for example. doesn't hide that they are a very good team that was better than the sum of its parts. 1-4 is a spectacturlarly good result. would not have happened against the team of the mid -late 90's. i still say its them and us to go through. Ukraine only have 1 world class player (the defensive midfielder). the rest aren't good enough.