US Election 2008

Douggy B

Rednecks don't have the capability to take out the prisident.

Haliburton on the otherhand with their snipers trained in 1200 yard long shooting ranges have. Of course the CIA will give Obama a year or two in the job to see how he fares before tendering that contract.

Pun intended.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think He will be fine.

Sure religious lunatics and racist morons are angry but I doubt they are clever enough to pull off the assassination of a U.S president (in 2008).

Security will be stepped up too.

I agree, the secret service are pretty good at doing their job, and anyway, the likes of who are involved with the KKK, neo-nazis and the religious wackos aren't smart enough as someone has already pointed out. But there's no doubt that some plans will be made by some people to eliminate Obama in his time as President.

Edited by Ken

I think He will be fine.

Sure religious lunatics and racist morons are angry but I doubt they are clever enough to pull off the assassination of a U.S president (in 2008).

I agree, the secret service are pretty good at doing their job, and anyway, the likes of who are involved with the KKK, neo-nazis and the religious wackos aren't smart enough as someone has already pointed out. But there's no doubt that some plans will be made by some people to eliminate Obama in his time as President.

They are all wasting their time, this guy can bend light.

I think He will be fine.

They are all wasting their time, this guy can bend light.

Obama can do anything :D

Well, anyway, he is meant to announce a transition team later today, he needs to get on with things and take on an issue that is 'winnable' in the first 6 months for him to get on the right foot. The challenges he faces are ridiculously big.

Whether some geek on a newcastle united forum considers him black or not is irrelevant , its the perception of the US public that decides that matter.

:D

Yup John McCain is a class act. He is a decent human being overall. He ran a fair campaign and there was very little mud slinging from him. Unfortunately though, he is a Republican and that party is as dirty as they come at this time.

This is another amusing assumption about the parties in the USA.

The difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is about as much as between Thatcher and Tebbit (or at best Portillo).

I actually agree that there isn't too much difference between the D's and the R's, the only real major difference is the Republicans are strong corporatists. However the inference that the Republican Party is as dirty as they come comes from this man;

Big bad Karl Rove

Why does Obama want to be President? Same reason as Bush (Jr and Sr), Reagan, Nixon, Kennedy, Carter, Clinton and any other; power.

Well that's what this game is all about, and it will be interesting to see what Obama will do whilst he is in power. I do believe he will bring change, he has to because that's what brought him into power to begin with and he virtually has a mandate to do so. He may bring bi-partisanship back into American politics, and that in itself would be a massive change. Time will reveal all, have you got a crystal ball? :D

As an afterthought I read a piece last night about McCain's Joe the plumber. It turns out he wasn't a licensed plumber, had an order against his house for unpaid taxes and if he bought his partner out of his business he'd still be better off under Obama than under McCain.

I'd also point out that with the euphoria of the victory people seem to be thinking that all bigotry in the US has magically disappeared overnight. They seem to not have noticed the California gay marriage referendum result (thanks to bigoted black voters) and the fact that it will still be decades before someone non-religious can stand for any public office with any chance of winning.

Rednecks don't have the capability to take out the prisident.

Wasn't it rednecks who set off the Oklahoma bomb?

Anyway, good luck to Obama.Think he might be in for a few surprises once his feet are under the desk, but he seems a decent enough sort.

George Bush- Forgotten but not Gone :D

Aye, but in the same way a vet is just a failed doctor, FBI agents are just not good enough for the secret service. :D

:D:D:D

Fair point. Still, never underestimate the rednecks....hatred is a scarily powerful thing,and those feckers are brimful of hatred.

Anyway, first ever black US president. Amazing really.

Interestingly he's now bigging up his white-side with a visit to his roots in Ireland (as well as of course hitching a ride on JFK's coattails).

Every politician is exactly the same, without morals and existing only to acheive power

your position never changes because your only position is one of assuming that all politicians have no other motive than self promotion. Your stance doesnt allow you to see anyother viewpoint. Therefore you assume Obama must by definition have betrayed his roots, because that is what politicians do by definition. The rest of the smoke and mirrors is just obfuscation and self congratulary verbal masturbation.

Good job of pretending you had something to say though - glad you thought it worthwhile

Some people baa with the flock and like it, others don't baa with the flock. Different strokes. :D

Interestingly he's now bigging up his white-side with a visit to his roots in Ireland (as well as of course hitching a ride on JFK's coattails).

According to you he's already done that. Chomp btw.

No, I think it's a brand new era™ of the same old same old™ (now lemon flavoured).

Who would have got your vote Fop?

Anyone but Hilary.

But out of the two, probably Obama (or perhaps a 3rd candidate protest vote :D). I'm holding out for the first hispanic lesbian President before I throw my weight behind them.

McCain would have run Hilary much closer imo and she was much more the insider (would do less in power) than Obama.

McCain might have beat Hilary (although I doubt it), but it probably would have been much closer as would the funding difference £600m Obama, £300m McCain.

According to you he's already done that. Chomp btw.

He knows what he has to emphasise now he's won, it's all slipping a little too far the "1st black president" way, and he realises that isn't good I'd imagine.