Kanye West

Tino asprilla

R@cist

Nah he's gash like.

I'm pretty confident that I know as much as anyone around these parts on the subject of hip-hop. :lol:

No. 11 in the album charts. :finger: A small part of my faith in the record buying public has been restored.

What that they buy what they're told to buy? :rolleyes:

They were told to buy Kanye's new album and didn't do it, just shows that they're not complete morons.

No. 11 in the album charts. :finger: A small part of my faith in the record buying public has been restored.

People who've bought The Killers, Rhydian, Leona Lewis, Pink, Girls Aloud, Sterephonics, some Priests and Il Divo?

:rolleyes:

People who've bought The Killers, Rhydian, Leona Lewis, Pink, Girls Aloud, Sterephonics, some Priests and Il Divo?

:rolleyes:

Ok then, a very small part of my faith.

if i were a "recording artist" in the uk i'd rather not go for the mainstream appeal. the likes of all the artists on the above messages mean nothing to me and whilst a couple of them have a bit of talent, none of them are what i'd listen to on a day to day basis.

his latest album is just him growling into autotune and 808's with a shitload of hi def samples. it really is nothing special. fairly generic really.

the problem i have with Kanye (and others) is the new way to sample things is to use the entire song and re-write the lyrics........anybody can do this!!!!!

last year at the grammies( made up awards IMO) kanye had the audacity to slag off Common about "being crazy to release an album the same time as me, what were you thinking.......nothing worse than a sore winner.

at least the old school samplers (Run DMC, B-boys et al) used to pick pieces of drum breaks or basslines or guitar licks and re-fashion them into something completey new, THAT's talent......not the multi-million dollar marketing driven crap that is being churned out nowadays ad nauseum.

Edited by tooner

last year at the grammies( made up awards IMO) kanye had the audacity to slag off Common about "being crazy to release an album the same time as me, what were you thinking.......nothing worse than a sore winner.

Eh? Kanye produced most of Finding Forever.

my girl made me watch them, I saw it with my own eyes, told Common he was crazy to release an album at the same time. The jist of the comment was that there was no hope in hell of Common winning a grammy if he was up against kanye.

my girl made me watch them, I saw it with my own eyes, told Common he was crazy to release an album at the same time. The jist of the comment was that there was no hope in hell of Common winning a grammy if he was up against kanye.

http://videos.onsmash.com/v/NejCebiXqZw148J2