Sign in to follow this  
The Fish

AFC WImbledon

Went to see them play at Kingsmeadow today and had a few thoughts I figured I'd share to anyone who's interested.

some similarities:

Despite them being non-league, the crowd being numerically dwarfed by premierleague games and the fact I've absolutely no allegiance to them what-so-ever, the buzz walking towards the ground is identical.

Stewards are jumped-up knobheads throughout the footballing league system.

The expectations of fans don't seem to be in sync with the standard of football on display.

The songs sung are exactly the same. I heard a version of Blaydon races, among other favourites.

"Fat" players don't get a minutes peace :lol:

although there's supposed to be a better reflection of football, away from the bright lights of the top flight, you still get prima-donnas diving and what not.

Differences:

Proper tea.

Proper Terraces

The fans seem to like their mascot...

Sam Hatton scored a fucking peach. "our" 'keeper should have been sent off, drew 1-1 with the local rivals.

decent for a tenner

Went to see them play at Kingsmeadow today and had a few thoughts I figured I'd share to anyone who's interested.

some similarities:

Despite them being non-league, the crowd being numerically dwarfed by premierleague games and the fact I've absolutely no allegiance to them what-so-ever, the buzz walking towards the ground is identical.

The expectations of fans don't seem to be in sync with the standard of football on display.

The songs sung are exactly the same. I heard a version of Blaydon races, among other favourites.

although there's supposed to be a better reflection of football, away from the bright lights of the top flight, you still get prima-donnas diving and what not.

Differences:

Proper tea.

Proper Terraces

Sam Hatton scored a fucking peach. "our" 'keeper should have been sent off, drew 1-1 with the local rivals.

decent for a tenner

No wonder you never show for our 5-a-side matches... :o

some similarities:

Differences:

Proper tea.

Proper Terraces

decent for a tenner

No wonder you never show for our 5-a-side matches... :o

Did you for the last one like?

:lol:

afc who gives a fuck mate this Newcastle United forum

no need for that

i think this is a good post, made good reading, well done mate :lol:

you're right of course I'll just pop it in the football forum.... oh ... wait.

:rolleyes::finger:

some similarities:

"Fat" players don't get a minutes peace :rolleyes:

Differences:

Proper tea.

Proper Terraces

decent for a tenner

No wonder you never show for our 5-a-side matches... ;)

;)

Nope... but then I have to do a 700 mile round trip for them.... :razz:

I've done two - don't remember seeing Fishy turn up to either - made the piss up though :finger:

some similarities:

"Fat" players don't get a minutes peace :finger:

Differences:

Proper tea.

Proper Terraces

decent for a tenner

No wonder you never show for our 5-a-side matches... ;)

:razz:

Nope... but then I have to do a 700 mile round trip for them.... :razz:

I've done two - don't remember seeing Fishy turn up to either - made the piss up though ;)

Craig, you need new material. :rolleyes:

Fish discovers non league football :rolleyes:

I cant believe some 'football fans' (not neccessarily you) have never been to a game outside of the top flight before

J69 discovers no one gives a shit what he thinks :finger:

That's one thing about Non-league fans, a finer example of reverse-snobbery you're not likely to find.

I cant believe some 'football fans' (not neccessarily you) have never been to a game outside of the top flight before

That's one thing about Non-league fans, a finer example of reverse-snobbery you're not likely to find.

Im not the one making a thread on a football forum about what its like to go to a football match. Is it really that much of a novelty for you Fish. I know its a bit chillier than watching it on TV

Im not the one making a thread on a football forum about what its like to go to a football match. Is it really that much of a novelty for you Fish. I know its a bit chillier than watching it on TV

This entirely proves my point.

Thanks J69, you're truly a credit to your kin.

Thats ok, we laugh at fairweather fans like yourself. Hope you bought a bobble hat in the club shop

hardly call it fair weather like... was fucking freezing :rolleyes:

Trying too hard tbh.

Actually, couple of little tips for the next time:

1. actually making a sentence out of his opinion

2. Security wink, very important, you can get away with murder :rolleyes: