Newcastle Utd vs Stoke City

MattM4

Two points about the stream:

It was 5 minutes behind and I saw the equaliser come up on BBC live text just before Faye missed that open goal that looked at first like it had went in so for two minutes I thought (and I have to say prayed to fuck knows what :birthday:) that the BBC had cocked up and we were still winning - then the stream caught up.

Secondly did everyone like me want to punch Joe Royale for his absolute bollocks about the slope of the pitch every two minutes?

Edited by NJS

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was 5 minutes behind and I saw the equaliser come up on BBC live text just before Faye missed that open goal that looked at first like it had went in so for two minutes I thought (and I have to say prayed to fuck knows what :drinks:) that the BBC had cocked up and we were still winning - then the stream caught up.

Secondly did everyone like me want to punch Joe Royale for his absolute bollocks about the slope of the pitch every two minutes?

yes, I thought i was alone on that - He is quite possibly the worst commentator i've ever heard - pronounced everyones name wrong, made up peoples first names 'Loius Enrique' :birthday: and just constantly spouted shit for an hour and a half, making out that the massive incline at St James is the only factor that causes a team to win there

It was 5 minutes behind and I saw the equaliser come up on BBC live text just before Faye missed that open goal that looked at first like it had went in so for two minutes I thought (and I have to say prayed to fuck knows what :icon_lol:) that the BBC had cocked up and we were still winning - then the stream caught up.

yes, I thought i was alone on that - He is quite possibly the worst commentator i've ever heard - pronounced everyones name wrong, made up peoples first names 'Loius Enrique' :birthday: and just constantly spouted shit for an hour and a half, making out that the massive incline at St James is the only factor that causes a team to win there

"Gutherrez" :drinks:

I was in the paddock yesterday so didn't have the best overall view but i thought Martins' build up play was pretty good - he linked well with Nzogbia (who was really good) but I don't think he contributes any more than quite a few front players around but his finishing is fucking woeful - I reckon the likes of Lita and iwulemo could do as much and score more. For those about to trash me i would advise them to look at the header he missed and the one on one that he fucked up (just as well he was offside) I would accept he is quick and tries really hard and I like him for that but we would have been out of sight first half yesterday if he could finish.

Stoke were the worst i have seen this season - woeful

Just saw Martins in town - was in Louis' for Sunday lunch and he was in at the same time.

Did he pour the gravy and miss his plate, but the waiters sang his name all meal anyway?

:birthday: Mental isn't it? Brace for Owen yesterday and not a mention of him was sung. Martins gets his name chanted to the rafters.

I was in the paddock yesterday so didn't have the best overall view but i thought Martins' build up play was pretty good - he linked well with Nzogbia (who was really good) but I don't think he contributes any more than quite a few front players around but his finishing is fucking woeful - I reckon the likes of Lita and iwulemo could do as much and score more. For those about to trash me i would advise them to look at the header he missed and the one on one that he fucked up (just as well he was offside) I would accept he is quick and tries really hard and I like him for that but we would have been out of sight first half yesterday if he could finish.

Stoke were the worst i have seen this season - woeful

I've been saying the same for ages mate. And his build-up play was actually better yesterday than usual. He is extremely average though.

The first half I thought we were excellent, 2 good goals but it was the build up that impressed most as Stoke were cut apart on both occasions, better still when we were not creating chances we were comfortable in posession and looked comfortable passing it around with Stoke chasing shadows, Jonas and N'Zogbia gave us plenty of width and Guthrie was excellent playing in a role similar to what Carrick plays, then came half time...

The most bizarre change I think I can remember here, the obvious move was to either bring Viduka on and go 4-3-3 or move Coloccini forward so he's sat in front of Bassong and Taylor which would have made us harder to break down while retaining the width of the team, instead he put Taylor on at right back who's comfortable there but it's not really his natural position, stuck Beye on the wing which is worse than when Souness put Shola on the wing in terms of stupidity and stuck Jonas in the middle, which have us a soft centre and no attacking threat down the right.

What was worse was that even though it wasn't working Kinnear done nothing to alter it, I don't remember ever leaving a game as pissed off as I was yesterday because it was 2 points thrown away by an awful decision by the manager, thick as f***ing mince.

Btw that was another game that we've invited the opposition to come and attack us by taking off Martins who still looked dangerous on the counter attack for the immobile Viduka, also where was Lua Lua? Perfect chance yesterday at half time to bring a young player on that the club thinks has potential.

I remember someone saying on here a while back that Martins is an instinctive finisher (I think that was the phrase used) and he's better when he has no time to think and just wallops it goalwards like the Spurs goal from two seasons ago and the Bolton overhead kick last year. You just have to look at his one-on-ones to see that it's pretty much true. I don't know if his bottle goes or what but give him time to finish and he'll squander it. His pace alone means he'd be a canny impact sub in time to come but I'd be looking elsewhere or playing Viduka and Owen when Viduka is fit instead.

I remember someone saying on here a while back that Martins is an instinctive finisher (I think that was the phrase used) and he's better when he has no time to think and just wallops it goalwards like the Spurs goal from two seasons ago and the Bolton overhead kick last year. You just have to look at his one-on-ones to see that it's pretty much true. I don't know if his bottle goes or what but give him time to finish and he'll squander it. His pace alone means he'd be a canny impact sub in time to come but I'd be looking elsewhere or playing Viduka and Owen when Viduka is fit instead.

Bit like Bellamy in that regard. He's not a natural finisher.

The first half I thought we were excellent, 2 good goals but it was the build up that impressed most as Stoke were cut apart on both occasions, better still when we were not creating chances we were comfortable in posession and looked comfortable passing it around with Stoke chasing shadows, Jonas and N'Zogbia gave us plenty of width and Guthrie was excellent playing in a role similar to what Carrick plays, then came half time...

The most bizarre change I think I can remember here, the obvious move was to either bring Viduka on and go 4-3-3 or move Coloccini forward so he's sat in front of Bassong and Taylor which would have made us harder to break down while retaining the width of the team, instead he put Taylor on at right back who's comfortable there but it's not really his natural position, stuck Beye on the wing which is worse than when Souness put Shola on the wing in terms of stupidity and stuck Jonas in the middle, which have us a soft centre and no attacking threat down the right.

What was worse was that even though it wasn't working Kinnear done nothing to alter it, I don't remember ever leaving a game as pissed off as I was yesterday because it was 2 points thrown away by an awful decision by the manager, thick as f***ing mince.

Btw that was another game that we've invited the opposition to come and attack us by taking off Martins who still looked dangerous on the counter attack for the immobile Viduka, also where was Lua Lua? Perfect chance yesterday at half time to bring a young player on that the club thinks has potential.

Spot on that - was near touchline in our half for the last 45 and it was ridiculous cos beye didn't have a clue what to do - taylor was shouting stuff at him but it obviously made nee sense and for the emtire half he ran round like a lost lad

Taylor's pointing was ridiculous yesterday. I can't fucking stand the lad.

I was just about to post something about that :birthday: He made one class tackle but was shit apart from that imo. He's not a natural right-back but that doesn't excuse him being a fucking cheat to his team mates. There were a few occasions when he basically hid and a few more when he kidded himself he was making himself available. He also played a short pass to Beye and Collocini and couple of times then pointed telling him where he wanted to play the pass, after he just passed the responsibility. I hate him like so he'll probably never get a fair crack of the whip from me.

Cheer up we could have had Keegan in charge and lost 3-4. :birthday:

Taylor's pointing was ridiculous yesterday. I can't fucking stand the lad.

I was just about to post something about that :birthday: He made one class tackle but was shit apart from that imo. He's not a natural right-back but that doesn't excuse him being a fucking cheat to his team mates. There were a few occasions when he basically hid and a few more when he kidded himself he was making himself available. He also played a short pass to Beye and Collocini and couple of times then pointed telling him where he wanted to play the pass, after he just passed the responsibility. I hate him like so he'll probably never get a fair crack of the whip from me.

First touch was his hand when he came on - and i thought the rest of the defense visibly whithered along side him - I don't know if his shitness rubs off on them or he comes across as such a superhero they think they can leave everything to him - great saving tackle though