most overrated player in football today?

tinofbeans

Without question in world football it would have to be Francesco Totti, I'm not even on about now neither, he has to be the most overrated player in the history of the game.

that's like an Italian saying in 2005 that Thierry Henry is overrated.

Without question in world football it would have to be Francesco Totti, I'm not even on about now neither, he has to be the most overrated player in the history of the game.

In the Premiership good player though he is, Carlos Tevez IS overrated in my opinion.

Once again another quite frankly laughable opinion on Italian Football from Stevie.

Why is it? You obviously rate him, I think he's shite. Maybe shite is over stating it, but we're talking about player some people rate as one of the best 10 in the world over the last decade. In my opinion he's mediocre, when he played here in 1999 he was the worst player on the pitch, he tried to chip Given and it went about 30 feet over the bar. His pathetic dive to win the pen in Rome made me hate him more. He's never done it in Europe enough to be labelled a class player in my opinion, let alone, world class, in tournaments he's been an embarrassment other than a few fleeting moments in 2006, he's not a world class player, never has been and I don't care less what he's done in shitey Serie A, but I've seen him enough times to make a judgement,

Well he did enough damage to Italian clubs in Europe since he left Juventus, and prior to that with Monaco for them to know that's a load of wank, not to mention his numerous honours with Arsenal, and World Cup and European Championship winners medals with France, all of which he was an integral part of.

Well he did enough damage to Italian clubs in Europe since he left Juventus, and prior to that with Monaco for them to know that's a load of wank, not to mention his numerous honours with Arsenal, and World Cup and European Championship winners medals with France, all of which he was an integral part of.

Totti has all of those things, bar the European Championship medal, at a team far worse than Arsenal in their pomp.

The first season he ever played up front (at 30 years old) he won the European Golden Boot....I think thats says it all.

In the Premiership good player though he is, Carlos Tevez IS overrated in my opinion.

Once again another quite frankly laughable opinion on Italian Football from Stevie.

Why is it? You obviously rate him, I think he's shite. Maybe shite is over stating it, but we're talking about player some people rate as one of the best 10 in the world over the last decade. In my opinion he's mediocre, when he played here in 1999 he was the worst player on the pitch, he tried to chip Given and it went about 30 feet over the bar. His pathetic dive to win the pen in Rome made me hate him more. He's never done it in Europe enough to be labelled a class player in my opinion, let alone, world class, in tournaments he's been an embarrassment other than a few fleeting moments in 2006, he's not a world class player, never has been and I don't care less what he's done in shitey Serie A, but I've seen him enough times to make a judgement,

He was also Italy's best player in Euro 2000, but just ignore that. Tbh I bet Italians say the same over Cristiano Ronaldo when they see him do fuck all every time they see him in Europe.

Berbatov - didn't manage more than 15 goals a season for Spurs. I know he wasn't supposed to be a goal poacher but that's not a lot for someone is supposedly worth £30 million. Hardly set the world alight at Man Utd. I think Tevez is far better but he too was overpriced.

Deco and Xavi - never understood the hype when they were at Barca.

Dee-dee-eh Drogba - world class for one season.

Jamie Carragher

Petr Cech - makes as many mistakes as anyone else and crap at saving penalties for someone so tall.

Edited by TheInspiration

Berbatov - didn't manage more than 15 goals a season for Spurs. I know he wasn't supposed to be a goal poacher but that's not a lot for someone is supposedly worth £30 million. Hardly set the world alight at Man Utd. I think Tevez is far better but he too was overpriced.

Deco and Xavi - never understood the hype when they were at Barca.

Dee-dee-eh Drogba - world class for one season.

Jamie Carragher

Petr Cech - makes as many mistakes as anyone else and crap at saving penalties for someone so tall.

yes I agree with this, one truly good season and then every mistake is "an uncharacteristic error from petr cech" I honestly cant tell you the number of times I've heard that from some commentator or other