Israel continues its merciless pounding of the defenceless.

Park Life

"Go Back to Auschwitz": A Message From the Flotilla

http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/45...he_Flotilla.asp

According to the IDF, the following passengers on board the Mavi Marmara are known to be involved in terrorist activity.

Fatimah Mahmadi (born 1979),

Ken O'Keefe (Born 1969),

Hassan Iynasi (born 1982)

Hussein Urosh

Ahmad Umimon (born 1959),.

...but they released them without charge.

:angry:

Even if it's true, I don't see why one persons idiotic views justify the murder of 9 people.

Leazes has said anyone protesting the war should be sent to Iraq or Afghanistan or Pakistan (or somewhere, he's never been particularly specific), does that justify the indiscriminate slaughter of 9 Toontastic posters?

So stealing the identities of another country's citizens to kill someone in a 3rd country, building houses on land that has been forcefully repossesed by the state, building a wall in order to grab more land and using excessive military force at the drop of a hat is OK then? Hold on, I'm criticising Israel's actions. That must mean I am anti-Semitic, and love Nazis :lol:

Just skimmed that article, and the last point Mr. Levy made was curious. He seems to suggest that democracies should stick together, and fight against dictatorships. Firstly, does that mean that since Britain is a democracy that we could have nuked China all this time? Secondly, did the Palestinians not vote for Hamas in recent elections?

Typical Israeli Jewish victimhood bullshit. They have the power, they have the weapons, they have the powerful friends, and yet they are the victims. I'm surprised the Holocaust didn't get a mention. Or Rameses the Great.

:icon_lol:

"Go Back to Auschwitz": A Message From the Flotilla

http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/45...he_Flotilla.asp

According to the IDF, the following passengers on board the Mavi Marmara are known to be involved in terrorist activity.

Fatimah Mahmadi (born 1979),

Ken O'Keefe (Born 1969),

Hassan Iynasi (born 1982)

Hussein Urosh

Ahmad Umimon (born 1959),.

...but they released them without charge.

:icon_lol:

That Ken O' Keefe fella has a way about him alright. :lol:

I was a bit disappointed with Jon Stewart's bit on Helen Thomas (though perfectly understand it at the same time given he's Jewish) but he made the same mistake of ignoring the "and America and everywhere else" part of the quote. He did say it was more of a case of seeing someone you respected fuck up I suppose.

Edited by NJS

I was a bit disappointed with Jon Stewart's bit on Helen Thomas (though perfectly understand it at the same time given he's Jewish) but he made the same mistake of ignoring the "and America and everywhere else" part of the quote. He did say it was more of a case of seeing someone you respected fuck up I suppose.

He maybe less so than Maher, but are both part of the game. I've seen him (Maher) in full shill mode when a guest says he's more worried about America than Israel.

Here, cause it's so FUNNY... :icon_lol:

Edited by Park Life

Here it is...

Interesting exchange with Micheal Schauer former CIA Bin Laden unit. You can see Maher is irritated at the realism of Schauer. About 4.30 in...

Edited by Park Life

See the thing is masses in America are media illiterate. They can't see the differance between entertainment/news and propoganda (to an extent it is all parcelled as one on most channels). These light chat shows/comedy I see as the friendly social worker as much as Fox or whatever is the policeman at the gate, packaged how they are makes no differance to the message and the message is nearly always pro Israel.

See the thing is masses in America are media illiterate. They can't see the differance between entertainment/news and propoganda (to an extent it is all parcelled as one on most channels). These light chat shows/comedy I see as the friendly social worker as much as Fox or whatever is the policeman at the gate, packaged how they are makes no differance to the message and the message is nearly always pro Israel.

As the clip you posted shows, Maher invites dissenting voices on to argue against Israel. Just because he personally is pro-Israel it doesn't make him as bad as Fox. I don't see how you can show an anti-Israel clip from US TV....then say all US TV is pro Israel.

Edited by Happy Face

As the clip you posted shows, Maher invites dissenting voices on to argue against Israel. Just because he personally is pro-Israel it doesn't make him as bad as Fox he doesn't censor.

I agree. But they're all pro-Israel is what I'm saying..ALL OF THEM. Most also have alligence issues between Isreal and America. See how he is visibly shaken when the the guy says no American lives are worth losing for the state of Israel. I thnk when you boil it down it might be harsh to blame the average american, cause infact he has almost no chance of getting a well rounded view of Middle East issues.

I agree. But they're all pro-Israel is what I'm saying..ALL OF THEM. Most also have alligence issues between Isreal and America. See how he is visibly shaken when the the guy says no American lives are worth losing for the state of Israel. I thnk when you boil it down it might be harsh to blame the average american, cause infact he has almost no chance of getting a well rounded view of Middle East issues.

I wouldn't blame the average American for anything....apart from voting for anyone but Nader :icon_lol:

ISRAEL'S PECULIAR POSITION...by Eric Hoffer - Los Angeles Times26/5/1968.

The Jews are a peculiar people: things permitted to other nations are forbidden to the Jews.

Other nations drive out thousands, even millions of people and there is no refugee problem. Russia did it, Poland and Czechoslovakia did it.

Turkey threw out a million Greeks and Algeria a million Frenchman.

Indonesia threw out heaven knows how many Chinese and no one says a word about refugees.

But in the case of Israel , the displaced Arabs have become eternal refugees.

Everyone insists that Israel must take back every single one.

Arnold Toynbee calls the displacement of the Arabs an atrocity greater than any committed by the Nazis.

Other nations when victorious on the battlefield dictate peace terms.

But when Israel is victorious, it must sue for peace.

Everyone expects the Jews to be the only real Christians in this world.

Other nations, when they are defeated, survive and recover but should Israel be defeated it would be destroyed.

Had Nasser triumphed last June [1967], he would have wiped Israel off the map, and no one would have lifted a finger to save the Jews.

No commitment to the Jews by any government, including our own, is worth the paper it is written on.

There is a cry of outrage all over the world when people die in Vietnam or when two Blacks are executed in Rhodesia .

But, when Hitler slaughtered Jews no one demonstrated against him.

The Swedes, who were ready to break off diplomatic relations with America because of what we did in Vietnam , did not let out a peep when Hitler was slaughtering Jews.

They sent Hitler choice iron ore, and ball bearings, and serviced his troops in Norway .

The Jews are alone in the world.

If Israel survives, it will be solely because of Jewish efforts. And Jewish resources.

Yet at this moment, Israel is our only reliable and unconditional ally.

We can rely more on Israel than Israel can rely on us.

And one has only to imagine what would have happened last summer [1967] had the Arabs and their Russian backers won the war, to realize how vital the survival of Israel is to America and the West in general.

I have a premonition that will not leave me; as it goes with Israel so will it go with all of us.

Should Israel perish, the Holocaust will be upon us all.

ISRAEL'S PECULIAR POSITION...by Eric Hoffer - Los Angeles Times26/5/1968.

The Jews are a peculiar people: things permitted to other nations are forbidden to the Jews.

Other nations drive out thousands, even millions of people and there is no refugee problem. Russia did it, Poland and Czechoslovakia did it.

Turkey threw out a million Greeks and Algeria a million Frenchman.

Indonesia threw out heaven knows how many Chinese and no one says a word about refugees.

But in the case of Israel , the displaced Arabs have become eternal refugees.

Everyone insists that Israel must take back every single one.

Arnold Toynbee calls the displacement of the Arabs an atrocity greater than any committed by the Nazis.

Other nations when victorious on the battlefield dictate peace terms.

But when Israel is victorious, it must sue for peace.

Everyone expects the Jews to be the only real Christians in this world.

Other nations, when they are defeated, survive and recover but should Israel be defeated it would be destroyed.

Had Nasser triumphed last June [1967], he would have wiped Israel off the map, and no one would have lifted a finger to save the Jews.

No commitment to the Jews by any government, including our own, is worth the paper it is written on.

There is a cry of outrage all over the world when people die in Vietnam or when two Blacks are executed in Rhodesia .

But, when Hitler slaughtered Jews no one demonstrated against him.

The Swedes, who were ready to break off diplomatic relations with America because of what we did in Vietnam , did not let out a peep when Hitler was slaughtering Jews.

They sent Hitler choice iron ore, and ball bearings, and serviced his troops in Norway .

The Jews are alone in the world.

If Israel survives, it will be solely because of Jewish efforts. And Jewish resources.

Yet at this moment, Israel is our only reliable and unconditional ally.

We can rely more on Israel than Israel can rely on us.

And one has only to imagine what would have happened last summer [1967] had the Arabs and their Russian backers won the war, to realize how vital the survival of Israel is to America and the West in general.

I have a premonition that will not leave me; as it goes with Israel so will it go with all of us.

Should Israel perish, the Holocaust will be upon us all.

worse than the scousers tbh :icon_lol:

clearly israel has committed atrocities and some of its actions have been indefensible.

however, the point about the relative global uproar against the israeli atrocities compared with other nations is a valid one

What about the lack of actual action taken against Israel? I think that invalidates the point. They act with impuntiy yet play the victim because of legitimate complaints. It would be laughable were it not so tragic.

clearly israel has committed atrocities and some of its actions have been indefensible.

however, the point about the relative global uproar against the israeli atrocities compared with other nations is a valid one

Lefties in general love knocking Israel while giving Muslims a bit of an easy ride - I think because they see right wing anti-muslim feeling as something to be opposed.

I on the other hand see religious fuckwittery on both sides which I have no respect for so tend to call cuntery on both sides (or at least I try to).

• Rayvin locked this topic