Nobby heads home

Jimbo

Nolberto Solano is to return to Peru in order to play out the remainder of his career.

The well-liked 34-year-old enjoyed spells in England with Newcastle, Aston Villa and West Ham before moving to Greece to link up with Larissa.

Peruvian Solano has signed a two-year deal at Universitario that he expects will see him to the end of his playing days.

"My signing happens thanks to the friendship I have with Juan Reynoso and the seriousness of Universitario officials," Solano told El Bocon newspaper.

"I like ambitious, serious projects and Universitario are heading that way. I am also excited about playing in the Copa Libertadores this year and because I know Juan (Reynoso) very well and I know he will be good for the club.

"My idea is to play two years for Universitario, win the local league and do a good job in the Copa Libertadores.

"Then, I will probably retire by playing at the Estadio Monumental (Universitario's home stadium).

"Then I will study to be a coach, probably in Argentina."

I think that kids thing was just him putting on a brave face because Fat Sam wanted him out.

That's just me, I may have my rose tinted specs on but Allardyce showed no inclination to play him and it was time for him to move on, but he didn't want to make a big fuss.

Last years game at Westham when newcastle came back from 2-0 to draw 2-2, Nobby came on and the newcastle fans where chanting his name louder then the Hammers fans.

Would love to see him in a coaching role after his playing career is over

I swear his quotes sound like a GCSE oral exam response to the "What do you want to do in the future?" question.

:(

Apart from that though, he has to be one of our best buys in recent memory.

One of my favourite players in the last decade to wear our shirt, always professional and one of the most skilled I've seen.

Until he fucked us over anyway. Always liked him and good luck to him but he took the fucking piss there.