Wearside Jack

Renton

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was either that or send him on a windsurfing holiday in the lake District.

108666[/snapback]

At this time of year? It's freezing! :lol:

That's practically police brutality. :lol:

8 years then. Got off lightly imo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yo...ire/4828828.stm

108663[/snapback]

About right I would say.

I am absolutely gob-smacked that some people seem to think he deserves little more than a slap on the wrist because he's unlikely to do it again. Like it or not, he played some part in the death of 3 innocent women by misdirecting the police.

"You disappoint mey Jarge.  Yew are still nowuh clowuhser to catching mey."

What a tool.  Glad he's doing some decent prison time tbh.

108671[/snapback]

was he welsh or something?

108679[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

so we bang up an old alcoholic mackem for 5 years - 25 years after his "crime"

We finish up paying for him (and no doubt he'll switch to drugs) and he fills a cell that should be used for the violent......

Beats me, it honestly does

We finish up paying for him (and no doubt he'll switch to drugs) and he fills a cell that should be used for the violent......

109544[/snapback]

Why the quotations? Are you suggesting he didn't commit a crime or that it was an insignificant one? To me, his actions were indefensible.

109544[/snapback]

Why would he switch to drugs, Rob? That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation isn't it?

He deserves to be locked up. Women were brutally murdered as a result of his actions

Edited by catmag

109544[/snapback]

Why would he switch to drugs, Rob? That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation isn't it?

He deserves to be locked up. Women were brutally murdered as a result of his actions

109574[/snapback]

He thinks everyone's on drugs tbh.

109544[/snapback]

109574[/snapback]

He thinks everyone's on drugs tbh.

109582[/snapback]

Delusional and paranoid, you say? Hm..... :lol:

I'm with Rob on this one, I don't see the point of banging someone up unless it prevents the crime, the blokes obviously mentally ill. The law should not be a tool of vengeance.

A simple hoax leading the police that far astray shows a serious flaw in the system, I bet if it happened again they'd be much better prepared.

I'm going to go and hide now.

You know some people should check the dictionary for the difference between liberism and gros stupidity. Ho w about Rob W explaining to the families of the 3 girls murdered after Sutcliffe was picked up questioned and dismissed because he was not from the North East.

You know some people should check the dictionary for the difference between liberism and gros stupidity. Ho w about Rob W explaining to the families of the 3 girls murdered after Sutcliffe was picked up questioned and dismissed because he was not from the North East.

109668[/snapback]

I'm not sure victims should be actively involved in deciding punishments tbh.

109668[/snapback]

I checked in the dixtionary and couldn't find it :lol:

I think those people saying the sentence was excessive do so more out of selfishness. Why should we pay to hole the daft fecker up when he's not a danger and doesn't require re-habilatation (he hasn't re-offended in 25 years)? No one's saying let him off scot free, but a hefty fine would be satisfactory.

So if I commit a crime, any crime, and I'm unlikely to reoffend or need rehabilitation, I should be let off scot free then? Regardless of the consequences of my crime?

Or is that only if I'm not caught for 25 years, thus proving I'm unlikely to reoffend?

So if I commit a crime, any crime, and I'm unlikely to reoffend or need rehabilitation, I should be let off scot free then? Regardless of the consequences of my crime?

Or is that only if I'm not caught for 25 years, thus proving I'm unlikely to reoffend?

109697[/snapback]

If you commit violent crime with a weapon or even without a weapon if it's severe enough you should be put down, in my opinion. Why, something you want to get off your chest? :lol:

I would deal differently with a lot of non-violent crimes though, yes.

Edited by DotBum

I checked in the dixtionary and couldn't find it :lol:

I think those people saying the sentence was excessive do so more out of selfishness.  Why should we pay to hole the daft fecker up when he's not a danger and doesn't require re-habilatation (he hasn't re-offended in 25 years)?  No one's saying let him off scot free, but a hefty fine would be satisfactory.

109675[/snapback]

It's not about taxes for me, although that would be an obvious selling point.

109697[/snapback]

You must've missed the bit where I said "No one's saying let him off scot free, but a hefty fine would be satisfactory."

109697[/snapback]

You must've missed the bit where I said "No one's saying let him off scot free, but a hefty fine would be satisfactory."

109703[/snapback]

Aye, fining a jobless alcoholic is really going to hurt him, isn't it?

109697[/snapback]

109703[/snapback]

109705[/snapback]

But supplying food and lodgings, getting him off the drink and probably teaching him a trade is?

109697[/snapback]

109703[/snapback]

109705[/snapback]

But supplying food and lodgings, getting him off the drink and probably teaching him a trade is?

109716[/snapback]

Loss of freedom is, yes. As for detoxing him, that's good, isn't it? And the state already pay for the rest.