If Kinnear walked...

Ketsbaia

What the fuck would happen to this club?

Now i'm not saying he's a good manager. Far from it, but if someone like Joe FUCKING Kinnear had enough and walked due to the stuff going on behind the scenes i'm baffled as to what direction the club would go in. Would Ashley continue with his ridiculous policy of letting that odious cunt Wise undermine the manager and bring in shit players on a free or would he realise that maybe, just maybe he's been going about things in the wrong way?

There is no doubt JFK's stock has, rightly or wrongly, risen since he arrived here due to the fact he picked up a few results and got the team playing inspite of some of his dodgy decisions. He could quite easily walk into a job in the Championship now on the back of his few months here. It's became clear that despite what Ashley has said he's not in charge of transfers and despite the fact he comes across as a bit of a patsy I think he'll reach the end of his tether sooner rather than later. He doesn't like to be made a fool out of and he can only blame the press for everything that goes wrong for so long.

It's sad to say but if he goes I really think we're fucked. No manager will touch the job with a barge pole. Survival this season really does depend on how long Kinnear is willing to make an arse out of himself.

Hopefully Wise would officially take over.

Can't lance a boil with out it being accessible.

Can't see Kinnear leaving no matter what though (maybe even including relegation), he's too desperate and it's still too good an opportunity.

Has there been mutterings he will walk like?

I'm hypothosizing, but Kinnear strikes me as a bloke constantly on the edge of conflict with anyone and everyone around him. It's only a matter of time before his relationship with Ashley breaks down, especially the way that fat fucker has conducted himself.

Doesn't Wise have a major issue living "up norf!"? Team talks conducted via video link tbh.

The issue is if people saw him on the street they'd probably try and chin him.

Doesn't Wise have a major issue living "up norf!"? Team talks conducted via video link tbh.

The issue is if people saw him on the street they'd probably try and chin him.

Then do themselves an injury trying to swing that low - it's a public safety issue really. :D

Wise getting the job would probably be the best thing to happen tbh.

The public venom directed his way coupled with not getting results would see him out of this club soopa quick !

Main reason he'll never take it.

If Kinnear gets a good offer on the table near to the end of the season from another club willing to put their faith in him with an extended contract then I can see him leaving. This will then tempt the current fools to either sign him up for a long term contract or let him go. Who comes in after that I have no idea.

I cant believe I am saying this (it goes against everything ive said about him in the past) but I'd like to see Steve Bruce take over if he wanted to come here.

Well Kinnear only took temporary charge as the owner was trying to sell, and no ambitious, talented, established manager would take a job under those circumstances. He could have had a new owner within months who had an entirely different vision for the club.

Now that the owner is staying, I'd like to think we could attract a decent sort of manager again. However, it would entirely depend on the sort of role the owner and Wise were to play.

Surely if Kinnear left.. there would be a big Shearer boom?

Shearer would be mad to even think of taking this job with the state the club is in

Bruce is probably the best bet at the moment ( cant belive I just said that)

No chance he'd take it at the moment.

Shearer would be mad to even think of taking this job with the state the club is in

Bruce is a quality manager iyam.

Bruce is a quality manager iyam.

I think we've probably swung back into the Bruce turning us down (again) berth.

It shows how far our stock has fallen, post-SBR, that I would now jump at the chance of Bruce as manager.

As Fop points out, why would he come here now? He has a good relationship with Dave Whelan, and they are doing better than us. And Wigan is not far from his beloved Manchester.