Feb 4 - New Open Meeting

Tom_NUFC

The perfect opportunity for the messageboard loudmouths to have their say out in the real world but we all know they wont. The kids board is full of these types, full of bravado when they're sitting at home putting the world to rights but too cowardly to show their faces. Amongst the worst are the admins, moderators and article writers, tossers

Nail on head re: the bits in bold.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The perfect opportunity for the messageboard loudmouths to have their say out in the real world but we all know they wont. The kids board is full of these types, full of bravado when they're sitting at home putting the world to rights but too cowardly to show their faces. Amongst the worst are the admins, moderators and article writers, tossers

Nail on head re: the bits in bold.

I was going to say the same thing, Alex, but they will only trot out the "we don't want to be part of your silly gang, so why should we try to influence it ?" line.

The thing putting me off going is the thought of having to discuss the future of the club with the types of mongos I sit next to at the match. The reason I enjoy being on here is because most (not all) of the posters have some semblance of an idea about how football is meant to be played and how a club is meant to be run.

Yeah, all those article writers are right cunts ;)

What about a black armband?

I was thinking exactly along those lines myself

Again you are expecting people to organise themselves and remebering to bring one.

Turning your back on the game, requires no extra thought than just being there.

Do it for the first 15 minutes only if need be but it is simple to organise and effective.

Again you are expecting people to organise themselves and remembering to bring an armband.

Do it for the first 15 minutes only if need be but it is simple to organise and effective.

Edited by sammynb

Again you are expecting people to organise themselves and remembering to bring an armband.

Everyone wear a black armband at the game? Not a bad idea like.

The only thing about turning you back during the game is a lot of people would see it as anger towards the players (not that they've done brilliant or owt) when anything done needs to be blatently obvious its about the ownership of the club. But still a possibility if organized well.

Nee offence but black armbands will be shit. You may get 30 percent wearing them if your lucky and they are so small they arent even going to be noticeable on the black and white strip a lot of the crowd wear. As for not wanting to show anger towards the players!? WTF!!! Its down to them we are in this position, Duff, Colocinni, Owen, Viduka, Enrique etc etc should all be performing a hell of a lot better than they are now. Im just as fucked off with the players as I am with JFK and MA.

Turning your back on the pitch wont work either. To do that you have to stand out of your seat and their will be utter hell on with the 30'000 fans who have heard nowt about the protest.

We are about 16 games from going down and now isnt the time to fanny about with black armbands or friggin home made coffins in the crowd. If everyone fucked off just 1 game, and we got a crowd of sub 20'000 the press would love it. The NUSC would be invited on every radio and tv sports show in the land and it would make Ashley look like the mug he is.

Just name the date and il be up for it. Even better if its a live Sky game, they would be spunking over that for years to come

The only thing about turning you back during the game is a lot of people would see it as anger towards the players (not that they've done brilliant or owt) when anything done needs to be blatently obvious its about the ownership of the club. But still a possibility if organized well.

The other problem of course is its all seater! how the fuck do we all turn our backs when sitting down? :( (I didnt quite think that one through fully like). The black armband is good but then again where do you buy them? Ive not seen them in ASDA.

I do like the idea of black though, surely everyone owns a black t-shirt, jumper, jacket, shirt etc. An entire sea of black across the ground would be an effective display without having to do anything at all other than get dressed in the morning.

The other problem of course is its all seater! how the fuck do we all turn our backs when sitting down? :( (I didnt quite think that one through fully like). The black armband is good but then again where do you buy them? Ive not seen them in ASDA.

I do like the idea of black though, surely everyone owns a black t-shirt, jumper, jacket, shirt etc. An entire sea of black across the ground would be an effective display without having to do anything at all other than get dressed in the morning.

What about the Barca thing of everyone (who is lamenting the state of our club) waving a white handkerchief (preferably clean) around?

Nothing much will happen of any demonstration, of course, but at least it will pass the message far and wide that we are pissed off with the status quo.

hereby lies the problem :rolleyes: (for some)

hereby lies the problem :rolleyes: (for some)

Exactly and it's all well and good for old goths like Pud but what an Erasure swinging hound like gemmill going to do?

Pud, think how much standing and turning your back would piss them off.

Exactly and it's all well and good for old goths like Pud but what an Erasure swinging hound like gemmill going to do?

Even just the entire ground standing up would do it. Problem is though that if you are going to have a demonstration at the game then you do need to be aware of those that dont want to demonstrate. Standing is a problem regardless and if those behind me (for the next 14 rows :( ) dont want to stand then the protest is going to piss them off.

Even just the entire ground standing up would do it. Problem is though that if you are going to have a demonstration at the game then you do need to be aware of those that dont want to demonstrate. Standing is a problem regardless and if those behind me (for the next 14 rows :( ) dont want to stand then the protest is going to piss them off.

Well hopefully that's the day baggio, the cunt, finally goes to a game and gets a ticket directly behind you.

What about the Barca thing of everyone (who is lamenting the state of our club) waving a white handkerchief (preferably clean) around?

Hankies, coffins, armbands. This is the reason I dont go to NUSC meetings. Maybe I was brought up a little more left wing/working class but we arent fucking disagreeing with the price of bagels at the golf club. We need to be thinking more Miners Strike of 84, radical times call for radical actions. People seem qite happy to let us go down as long as it means not having to miss a match this season. I fucking despair i do!

Hankies, coffins, armbands. This is the reason I dont go to NUSC meetings. Maybe I was brought up a little more left wing/working class but we arent fucking disagreeing with the price of bagels at the golf club. We need to be thinking more Miners Strike of 84, radical times call for radical actions. People seem qite happy to let us go down as long as it means not having to miss a match this season. I fucking despair i do!

Time for the straight edge soldier to take charge!

Good luck getting the pint out of their hand.

So Barcelona fans are now middle or upper class are they??

You fucking tit.

EDIT: No, you complete and utter fucking tit.

Edited by snakehips

We arent in Barcelona are we fuck face. If you think the fans waving a fucking white hanky is going to make the remotest bit of difference, other than make us the laughing stock of the league, then you are having a laugh.

Edited by Kid Dynamite

You really are one of the biggest cockends around arent you? You've already stated that you wouldnt go to the meeting because there may be some mongs there (your words not mine). Now you're giving reasons for not backing the NUSC as the fact some people when discussing possibilities of things mentioned stuff you didnt agree with.

Its called throwing ideas around, brainstorming, toss an idea onto the table and then see how it evolves. As for the last sentence, are you seriously knocking those of us that are doing something? Making out that we're happy to see the club go down rather than do something radical? In the words of Baggio, you couldnt make it fucking up.

What was the first things said in the original post? whats the actual idea of this meeting? I'll tell you what it is, its to see what the majority of those that do want to make a difference, (those that arent scared to stand in a room with people who may not be to their liking and make their voice heard) think should be done and would work.

Feel free to forward my opinions. As much as I dislike them id rather the NUSC was made up of people like Wacky and Stevie who I know wouldnt fanny about when the club is facing its worst season in almost 3 decades. boycotting the match was discussed back when KK left when we were in no imminent danger. 5 months later when we are in dire straits its been downgraded to wearing a black t shirt. You arent in the real world if you honestly think thats going to make the slightest bit of difference to anyone at the club

Its called throwing ideas around, brainstorming, toss an idea onto the table and then see how it evolves.

This is why I don't go to NUSC meetings! peasepud and his incessant management speak!

:(

Pud loves Hoisting things up the flagpole to see who salutes.

The next home game after the meeting is two and a half weeks later against Everton on Sky. Plenty of time to publicise whatever action is decided on and have it noticed by a wide audience.

I'll gladly stay in the pub for it.

Its called throwing ideas around, brainstorming, toss an idea onto the table and then see how it evolves.

This is why I don't go to NUSC meetings! peasepud and his incessant management speak!

Aye, it'll be 'proactivity' and 'looking at the big picture' next