Lost

Sir Bob Almighty!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I pass at least two charity shops on the way to work.

Lost better than Twin Peaks though? Not the episodes I've seen.

Edited by alex

Not fair to compare it to the genius of Lynch and 20 odd years ago.

Lost for me is a marvelous combination of mythology and race memory combined with this clean artifice

that looks for meaning inside. :lol:

It also works on another level with the archetypal characters who we are all familiar with in narratives, but

in LOST the choices aren't clear and easy for the audience.

Edited by Park Life

Lost for me is a marvelous combination of mythology and race memory combined with this clean artifice

that looks for meaning inside. :D

You said "Lost is the best thing ever to come out of U.S. televisual mindfuck" though. :lol:

that looks for meaning inside. :D

You said "Lost is the best thing ever to come out of U.S. televisual mindfuck" though. :lol:

Maybe I shouldn't have said ever. Bugger. :)

It also works on another level with the archetypal characters who we are all familiar with in narratives, but

Unfortunately that meaning is nowhere to be found and that's the problem.

Unfortunately that meaning is nowhere to be found and that's the problem.

...you sure? For me you can take it on complex levels or the very basic level of good v evil if you so choose. The

way the characters all carry bad karma drawn to the resonant magnetic fields of the island....Wonderful stuff.

I will say the writers have tripped into this arena and I'm pretty confident they really had no real clue after series 2.

...you sure? For me you can take it on complex levels or the very basic level of good v evil if you so choose. The

way the characters all carry bad karma drawn to the resonant magnetic fields of the island....Wonderful stuff.

I will say the writers have tripped into this arena and I'm pretty confident they really had no real clue after series 2.

Of course you can take it on complex levels but only if you're a complete fucking nerd. :lol:

It's a basic idea jazzed up with some complete mythical bollocks that fools fans into thinking that it's complex.

Edited by ewerk

Of course you can take it on complex levels but only if you're a complete fucking nerd. :lol:

It's a basic idea jazzed up with some complete mythical bollocks that fools fans into thinking that it's complex.

They even admitted they ripped off the basic premise of 'The Third Policeman' by having copies on display during episodes in season one. Nothing wrong with that in itself like.

I wasn't a fan and stayed away from it for ages.

And?

Of course you can take it on complex levels but only if you're a complete fucking nerd. :D

And?

He makes it up as he goes along. No wonder he's a fan :lol:

Of course you can take it on complex levels but only if you're a complete fucking nerd. :D

And?

I'm not a fan as you understand the meaning of the word, what I meant was I was one of its sternest critics. The fact that it has

won someone of my intellect over says all you need to know. :):lol:

And?

I'm not a fan as you understand the meaning of the word, what I meant was I was one of its sternest critics. The fact that it has

They got you when you took the tin foil hat off to wash your hair.

And?

Anyone who analyses and thinks about the meaning and mythology of the program is a fanboy. :razz:

Man, I tell ya, this season 5 needs to get a hell of a lot fucking better in a hurry.

These first four episodes have been much shittier than any other season I can recall. I hope this whole season isn't all about the rigamarole bullshit to get the O6 back to the island. It's already getting tiresome.

I don't know, man. This time-travelin' thing needs some more well defined rules or something because right now it just seems too all over the place. I mean, I realize it's a show about a island that can jump in space-time, but you still have to have at least a sembalance of rules to make stuff like this work.

I don't want to give it away for those who haven't seen it yet (it's on Wednesday nights here in the States), but the guy who has been MIA for this season so far is time traveling now too? Eh? How the fuck's that work? How's he even alive?

I don't know, man. This time-travelin' thing needs some more well defined rules or something because right now it just seems too all over the place. I mean, I realize it's a show about a island that can jump in space-time, but you still have to have at least a sembalance of rules to make stuff like this work.

I don't want to give it away for those who haven't seen it yet (it's on Wednesday nights here in the States), but the guy who has been MIA for this season so far is time traveling now too? Eh? How the fuck's that work? How's he even alive?

I you are talking about who i think you are talking about i really have no idea whatsoever.

I agree with you about the time travel rules, it is just all over the place at the moment, sometimes i just want to shake that Daniel Fairday bloke and say DAN JUST FUCKING OUT WITH NOW! WHATS GOING ON!!

No kidding. I was pissed at him when he pussed out in Saving Private Ryan, now I'm pissed that he's witholding info!

It's been another slow night at work (knock wood) so I've been on Lostpedia most of the night trying to get a handle on the time traveling. I guess one thing I sort of overlooked about the time traveling is that in The Constant (the one where Desmond is flipping between '96 and '04), Des is only traveling in his mind- his body isn't going anywhere, it's just his consciousness. The whole constant as a yardstick/ watermark/ bearing point makes sense that way I guess. What's confusing me now is the Losties aren't doing the consciouness time travelling, they're actually time travelling- mind and body.

According to Lostpedia,'s summary of The Constant, the rat (and Minkowski, apparently) has a brain aneurysm because, "She couldn't tell the difference between the past, present, and future." Now, why exactly waking up and not knowing what day it is leads to an aneurysm is anybody's guess, but it seems like to me, I'd be a hell of a lot more confused if my mind was traveling into different versions of my body based on age than if my mind and body both made the jump into a different time...

However, seems like several folks who are currently jumping with both mind and body are getting the nosebleeds, so I guess that's pretty confusing as well.

Still bugs me we're nearly a quarter of the way done with Season 5 (Ep 4 of 17) and we're still more or less spinning our wheels on getting the jolly 6 back to the damn island.

EDIT: Oh, and if anyone needed proof that the LOST writers didn't have all of this stuff pre-planned- WALT.

The whole Walt thing has totally been fucked from the beginning. They were making him out to be all-important, then forgot about him I think because he got too old in real life to be part of a story that has only been taking place for 104 days or so. If they'd been planning from the beginning, they'd have shot all of his scenes in advance so he was still a kid instead of a kid then suddenly a boy in his early teens.

Edited by Cid_MCDP