Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why the fuck is lampard playing?

should be the same 11 as friday with johnson instead of the injured walcott

all because of the fuss made about lampards international career being possibly over this week, fucking stupid he never performs for england, after capello i truly hope he never represents us again

all because of the fuss made about lampards international career being possibly over this week, fucking stupid he never performs for england, after capello i truly hope he never represents us again

Just trying to tune myself out of England until after the Euros tbh. Capello doesn't have a clue and lacks passion for the job as well. He's a mug and we'll not be competitive until after he's gone.

That's a myth saying Lampard doesn't perform for him England. Yes, he's past his best now, but he has done it for England, just not consistently to the high standard he has for Chelsea.

That's a myth saying Lampard doesn't perform for him England. Yes, he's past his best now, but he has done it for England, just not consistently to the high standard he has for Chelsea.

Scored 1 in 4 for England. 1 in 3 for Chelsea.

Scored 3 more than Gerrard despite playing less games

Scored more than Beckham too.

Surprised at some of those.

Edited by Happy Face

Met confirm Welsh fan in 40s has died of head injuries after a fight outside Wembley - 6 supporters in custody

uh-oh :icon_lol:

Edit :- Reports coming in that the 6 held are in fact welsh supporters, and that the incident was before the game.

Could be a rival local teams thing? swansea and cardiff etc?

Edited by ToonMarshy

Scored 1 in 4 for England. 1 in 3 for Chelsea.

Scored 3 more than Gerrard despite playing less games

Scored more than Beckham too.

Surprised at some of those.

Because he's been afforded the priviledge of playing further forward than Gerrard during his England career, must to the detriment of Stevie G's England potential, not to mention the number of penalties he's taken. He's been no better than a very mediocre midfielder for England, and he's been seen as a must play player. I said when I saw the team last night there'll be no fluidity due to his involvement and so it proved, I'd do a Steve McClaren/Beckham situation if I was Capello. There's nee point in us going to the Euro's. The only excitement you could get out of them is just one game Germany v Spain Final giving Germany a one goal start, the rest is gonna be just bullshit.

The best penalty taker takes the penalties though, that's how it works. And if he's been very mediocre for England then so has Gerrard (to put in mildly). Probably says as much about both their respective egos as their ability that they couldn't make it work when they played together.

The best penalty taker takes the penalties though, that's how it works. And if he's been very mediocre for England then so has Gerrard (to put in mildly). Probably says as much about both their respective egos as their ability that they couldn't make it work when they played together.

Gerrard's been mediocre because he has a lot more defensive responsibilities than he has for Liverpool due to Lampard's involvement. Italy wouldn't tell Pirlo to sit because they prefer someone else in an attacking sense. To be fair it's not the only reason Gerrard's been shit for England he's played wide on occasion too, but it is the key reason.

Gerrard's been mediocre because he has a lot more defensive responsibilities than he has for Liverpool due to Lampard's involvement. Italy wouldn't tell Pirlo to sit because they prefer someone else in an attacking sense. To be fair it's not the only reason Gerrard's been shit for England he's played wide on occasion too, but it is the key reason.

To be fair, I don't think any England manager got to grips with using either of them properly. The daft thing is though if you were determined to play them both in the middle of a four then Gerrard should've been the one to push on since that's his strength and although it's also Lampard's, the latter is better at the short passing 'continuity' role. Bit late now like, they're both slightly past their sell-by dates imo.

they'll both be in the euro squad if theyre fit though, capello doesnt need to fuck around developing his squad for after that since hes off

hopefully whoever replaces him will call time on a few england careers to focus on players who are actually likely to be in the squad for the world cup in 2014. no more lampard, gerrard, ferdinand not likely to still be going at 35 considering his injuries the last couple of years, Terry still playing maybe same for Cole

hopefully we'll stop playing smalling at RB, hes done alright to be fair to him but hes definitely a centre back, prefer to see richards there when all are fit, dont rate johnson at all.

Barry and Parker both 30, I hadnt realised how old a lot of our "key" players are

they'll both be in the euro squad if theyre fit though, capello doesnt need to fuck around developing his squad for after that since hes off

hopefully whoever replaces him will call time on a few england careers to focus on players who are actually likely to be in the squad for the world cup in 2014. no more lampard, gerrard, ferdinand not likely to still be going at 35 considering his injuries the last couple of years, Terry still playing maybe same for Cole

hopefully we'll stop playing smalling at RB, hes done alright to be fair to him but hes definitely a centre back, prefer to see richards there when all are fit, dont rate johnson at all.

Barry and Parker both 30, I hadnt realised how old a lot of our "key" players are

That's likely where he'll be playing for his club all season though.

Must have been hard for Villa fans to see Downing crossing for Young last night for the goal. Both players look like they've stepped up a bit, Young in particular looks to be one of the main men at ManUtd.

That's likely where he'll be playing for his club all season though.

Must have been hard for Villa fans to see Downing crossing for Young last night for the goal. Both players look like they've stepped up a bit, Young in particular looks to be one of the main men at ManUtd.

true, still I hope that the fact hes man u's right back doesnt mean he becomes the auto choice for england, always preferred richards there.

I think he's looked decent there for City this season.

Wouldn't have him there playing against top internationals. Richards makes mistakes but has the pace etc to recover and put in a second challenge, you don't get any of that against the top guys though.

Not for me, ta.

Capello doesn't rate Richards at all. He's looked decent this season, thick as mince mind.

Twice he's said fuckin in interviews. He knows what he's doing he's trying to get a laugh out of his mates. Total mong. He'd have been in them riots if he wasn't a footballer. No racial intent in that comment, but he would, thick as fuck.