Alan Shearer

Deano

With this talk of JFK needing surgery we are going to be left with Hughton and Calderwood in charge for the remainder of the season. Although i wish JFK a speedy recovery this could be a blessing in disguise.

Get to the end of the season safely and appoint Big Al in the close season. I think the time would be right with MA trying to clear the air. Big Al would take is forward!

With this talk of JFK needing surgery we are going to be left with Hughton and Calderwood in charge for the remainder of the season. Although i wish JFK a speedy recovery this could be a blessing in disguise.

Get to the end of the season safely and appoint Big Al in the close season. I think the time would be right with MA trying to clear the air. Big Al would take is forward!

Sadly they won't get rid of Wise so I think it's a non-starter, I'd be more than happy with Shearer as manager though.

No chance Shearer will take the job unless there are big funds available to spend and he decides on transfer targets, neither of which will be possible under the current system.

I honestly think there will be about 25mil to spend in the summer, and AS could be what we need to persuade MO to stay. He'd have a decent squad to work with and as for the system, i do believe MA and DL have realised there mistakes. Wise could not undermine AS ever, so it would be a good way to establish and maintain DW role at the club and limit him to just searching for players and watching the one's AS would suggest.

I think its possible tbh.

No chance Shearer will take the job unless there are big funds available to spend and he decides on transfer targets, neither of which will be possible under the current system.

I honestly think there will be about 25mil to spend in the summer, and AS could be what we need to persuade MO to stay. He'd have a decent squad to work with and as for the system, i do believe MA and DL have realised there mistakes. Wise could not undermine AS ever, so it would be a good way to establish and maintain DW role at the club and limit him to just searching for players and watching the one's AS would suggest.

I think its possible tbh.

Oh, I thought you were talking about him taking over at Newcastle

How can you be so relentlessly optimistic. What makes you think that MA and DL have learnt their lessons. They've said a few potentially positive things in their first public statements for about 5 months. It would have to take clear evidence of positive ACTIONS over the next year or so before I even began to think they had realised their mistakes.

I only think you must be a masochist, and deliberately set yourself up for huge disappointments. Either that, or you can only remember things over about 2 weeks.

Optimism is a good quality to have, and I wish I was more optimistic with regards to Newcastle. But there has to be a point where optimism becomes pathologically delusional

• 4 years later...