NUSC Rally

Christmas Tree

Just read the latest statement on their website:

NUSC Rally - Sunday 22nd February 2pm

The Rally arranged by NUSC on Sunday is planned to raise NUSC's desire for Newcastle United Supporters to unite together in support of Newcastle United and where it stands in our hearts. NUSC believes that this is a critical point in our season and that unity is strength when it comes to shaping the future direction of the Club both on and off the field.

The timetable is as follows

+2pm - entertainment by the Newcastle Drum Band

2.30pm speaking opportunity

2.50pm - musical interlude

3.00pm - second speaking opportunity

3.10pm - live music from "Oh Lads"

3.20pm - third speaking opportunity

3.30pm - musical finale and orderly disperse to St James' Park for what hopefully will be 3 well earned points come 6pm.

(these times are flexible and may be liable to change)

the "staging" area will be at the south side of the monument facing down towards Grey St.

The whole emphasis will be on generating a fun, carnival atmosphere. We hope to have flags and banners on display and we welcome supporters to bring along and display their own flags. There will be an opportunity for those who wish to, to take up membership of NUSC.

Some members have requested that NUSC petition the executives of Newcastle United therefore members will be seeking support for the petition during the course of the rally.

There will be stewards on hand, wearing hi visibility jackets who will be there to assist anyone who requires help and a low key but nonetheless obvious police presence will be in the vicinity; as there would be on any normal match day.

NUSC politely request that those attending the rally pay respect to those who wish to go about their normal sunday shopping experience and allow them to do so with the minimum of distraction. We would also like to emphasise that this is not a protest and no march is planned or sanctioned nor permission requested by NUSC.

Good luck, I'll be there in spirit. :D

I hope it goes well and that people keep it fun and friendly as suggested. No sense in getting a bad reputation.

The fans who don't want to join in have every right not to do so, but shouldn't knock the efforts of others. People are very good at whinging about stuff but at least these guys and gals are actually DOING something about it. :D

I'll be in the pub.

But I wish them all the best.

I even joined up last week.

Still waiting for my Tufty badge though.

You'll be disappointed, half my promised goodies didn't arrive. 'Gutted'. :D

I'll be in the pub.

Ditto, ditto, ditto and ditto.

who are the mackems playing this week btw? :D

arsenal away :D

I'll be in the pub.

Same here.

Proper looking forward to the badge too :D

Its not even a protest ...anger not to be displayed ...whats the point of that? Too many of our fans are too docile to begin with ..they need a rocket up the arse!

Not much point if NUSC alienates those fans either though. I think they're trying to be all encompassing, which they'll have to be if they're to be a genuine supporters club with clout.

Its not even a protest ...anger not to be displayed ...whats the point of that? Too many of our fans are too docile to begin with ..they need a rocket up the arse!

Agreed. Ashley will be laughing all game

Coming from someone who, iirc, bought a ST for the second half of this season?

My love for my mother overrode my hate for Ashley tbh. I overcame the temptation to black her eyes and call her a moron for buying me such a thoughtless present :D

:D I was going to say like, what a shit present. Still, nice thought behind it.

The whole emphasis will be on generating a fun, carnival atmosphere.

Why can't they just create that kind of atmosphere inside SJP during the 90 mins?

Instead of having a circus at Monument...

Why can't they just create that kind of atmosphere inside SJP during the 90 mins?

Why can't the whole crowd? Perhaps it's because the football is shit and the outlook is bleak. Maybe.

Why can't the whole crowd? Perhaps it's because the football is shit and the outlook is bleak. Maybe.

So we'd (NUSC) choose to do it at Monument (outside where it matters) instead? ..

Yet we have the "Cockney Mafia Out" Paraded 'round SJP during the match.

So we'd (NUSC) choose to do it at Monument (outside where it matters) instead? ..

Not sure what you're on about there. I don't see how having a good atmosphere at the Monument precludes the same people from continuing that within the ground. I think they've taken onboard criticism of earlier action as well and don't want to harm the support at matches when things are so crucial re: PL survival. I also think the 'Cockney Mafia Out' was something Keith Barrett did off his own back which was (imo) ill-advised in retrospect (or badly-worded anyway) if well meant.

And your point is?

I'll be in the pub.

Happy Face I've decided I know who you are, is one of your former work colleagues called Nick?

I'll be in the pub.

Happy Face I've decided I know who you are, is one of your former work colleagues called Nick?

System tester in Washington?