NUSC Rally

Christmas Tree

I'll be in the pub.

But I wish them all the best.

I even joined up last week.

Still waiting for my Tufty badge though.

Ditto, ditto, ditto and ditto.

who are the mackems playing this week btw? :D

arsenal away :D

Arsenal 0-0 Sunderland >_>

Sounds good.

I can completely understand why people want Ashley out but I think protests will do much more harm than good at the moment so I am happy this seems to be geared around creating a good atmosphere.

Hope it goes well :D

Sounds good.

I can completely understand why people want Ashley out but I think protests will do much more harm than good at the moment so I am happy this seems to be geared around creating a good atmosphere.

Hope it goes well :D

Read its pretty much all "Ashley Out!" with banners etc, he can't sell us so I don't see the point, until the end of the season at least! :D

I was there for about 20 minutes and all it was, was people standing around watching the band. Didnt see no speaking. Anyone else there?

Thats what happens when you turn up during the interval :mellow:

I was there (obviously), it was canny, there was no protest so not quite sure where Gejon was coming from. It was a call to action, not to storm the club or anything but for everyone to give their all in support of the lads on the pitch. It was also a call for people to question what is going on at the club and a chance to point out some of the things happening both within NUFC and the NUSC.

All in all it was a good natured get together that saw a good couple of hundred people take in some music, discussion and a speaker who was vocal but passionate about this football club.

I was there for about 20 minutes and all it was, was people standing around watching the band. Didnt see no speaking. Anyone else there?

I was there (obviously), it was canny, there was no protest so not quite sure where Gejon was coming from. It was a call to action, not to storm the club or anything but for everyone to give their all in support of the lads on the pitch. It was also a call for people to question what is going on at the club and a chance to point out some of the things happening both within NUFC and the NUSC.

All in all it was a good natured get together that saw a good couple of hundred people take in some music, discussion and a speaker who was vocal but passionate about this football club.

Well done PP keep it up. :D

I popped by twice and each time I would say there was about 50 - 100 people / shoppers watching the drummers. Probably a bit of a damp squib but at least better than loads of chavs truning up and causing bother.

Saw one big Ashley and wise out poster draped around the side of the monument.

Hopefully NUSC will take the apathy shown on board and now move on to creating a proper supporters club which will outlast Ashley and whoever follows. Depends if the guys making the decisions can hold the centre ground of opinion.

And how many people do you normally see taking an interest in any kind of rally/protest at the Monument? A lot less than 100 thats for sure, over 400 people signed the petition, 15 people joined up as members and many many more took away the details to join later (I personally didnt expect anyone to hand over a tenner to some people stood with a table but 15 did).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/7904698.stm?lss

Magpies fans in protest at owner

Hundreds of football fans packed Newcastle city centre for a protest rally against the club's owners.

Fans signed a petition demanding changes at the top, and called on sports tycoon Mike Ashley to appoint new directors.

Police stood by at the demonstration at Grey's Monument.

Members of the Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC) staged the rally before the team's Premiership clash with Everton on Sunday.

They urged fans to strike a balance between making their grievances heard and supporting the team.

NUSC chairman Malcolm Shiels said: "We have got to try and get the balance right between supporting the team that we love and still letting the management know we are not happy with what they are doing.

"The mood is not good; it is one of deep mistrust; being taken for granted, and being kept in the dark."

Just what I read from someone who was there.

well Ive got 140 photos that show its not. Ask them for pics of the banners.

I thought the guy who gave the long speech delivered it very well and I agree with pretty much everything he said. And I think it is very sad that people are actually picking faults in the NUSC who have the club at heart a f**king damn sight more than the owner, because we will all still be here long after he's gone.

I take it there isn't a link or something similar to what was set up in the Irish Club the other week ?

I thought the guy who gave the long speech delivered it very well and I agree with pretty much everything he said. And I think it is very sad that people are actually picking faults in the NUSC who have the club at heart a f**king damn sight more than the owner, because we will all still be here long after he's gone.

I take it there isn't a link or something similar to what was set up in the Irish Club the other week ?

We havent recorded it or anything like that but I do have a transcript of what he said that will be available on the site.

You should have hunted me out mate, I was stood at the side of the Metro entrance just in front of the coffee place for much of it (just in front of a couple of coppers in case it kicked off).

We havent recorded it or anything like that but I do have a transcript of what he said that will be available on the site.

You should have hunted me out mate, I was stood at the side of the Metro entrance just in front of the coffee place for much of it (just in front of a couple of coppers in case it kicked off).

I had a look around for any familiar faces and only saw a lad on skunkers who I stopped and had a natter with.

Told a couple of lads in the pub about the speech and said I would link it to them if it had been recorded, thats all PP.

Peter, was Leazes walking alongside the two of us after the match? :mellow:

not that I know of mate ...... I've seen PP by the way and knew what he looks like, whether I would recognise him again I'm not sure but I think so.

not that I know of mate ...... I've seen PP by the way and knew what he looks like, whether I would recognise him again I'm not sure but I think so.

You wouldn't be able to see his face for the clouds.

Just messing with Peter as I was ranting all the way from the ground to the car park after the game and whilst I wasnt at the rally Peter reckoned most of what I was saying was said word for word by some of the speakers at the rally...

well Ive got 140 photos that show its not. Ask them for pics of the banners.

I have seen the "Ashley Out - Wise out" which was on the monument but apparently that wasn't anything to do with NUSC.