Season ticket price cuts

Craig

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. I think this is good news. How can prices coming down be bad news. Also great to see the continued expansion of the family zone. Also great that more 16 - 18 year olds will be able to go. Might get some more singing. Overall to be applauded.

Taking them back to what they were a year or two ago when the product on the pitch was better and the economy wasn't up the swanny?

This reduction is far too minimal to make any impact. Those who can't afford it/don't want to waste their cash have got little to no incentive to sign back up.

The Mackems have the right idea in my John Humble. £19 for an under 16 ticket, albeit with a heavily reduced adult prices, deserves a huge pat on the back. If Ashley is serious he should try something like that.

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. I think this is good news. How can prices coming down be bad news. Also great to see the continued expansion of the family zone. Also great that more 16 - 18 year olds will be able to go. Might get some more singing. Overall to be applauded.

Just wondering? Do you think this is a reward to those who are loyal or a sales technique to encourage those who might not / won't be? It's a no-brainer and as such is just about money and not about rewarding the hardcore fans who'll go regardless (many of whom will have signed up for 3 years after this seasons price rise anyway - which this only cancels out, so you can hardly call it much of a reduction when you think about the recent, improved TV deal).

I know it's a moot point as I'm no longer a season ticket holder - but they can fuck right off IMO. If I was still up there, there's no way in hell I'd renew to line the pockets of those lying bastards.

But Shepherd has left

Strange the bloke who's put in hods of his own cash in gets all the crap, yet the ones who fleeced it and walked away get nowt.

Basically, I find any gesture (well-meant or otherwise) completely empty when set against the chairman confirming there's little or no money to spend in the summer (as he has already indicated), a willingness to offload players in the summer (despite the squad size already being a worry and the aforementioned lack of money for recruitments) but, most of all, his latest acknowledgement the him and the owner still see Kinnear as the man forward. This isn't them making 'a step in the right direction'. It's a desperate bid to bring in as much money as possible before fans can view the lack of new faces come the summer. Anyone who buys into otherwise probably deserves the shit-tip of a club they'll get.

I know it's a moot point as I'm no longer a season ticket holder - but they can fuck right off IMO. If I was still up there, there's no way in hell I'd renew to line the pockets of those lying bastards.

But Shepherd has left

Strange the bloke who's put in hods of his own cash in gets all the crap, yet the ones who fleeced it and walked away get nowt.

Fuck off man. Shepherd got loads of stick. Doesn't excuse what this lot are doing.

But Shepherd has left

Maybe because at times they delivered a decent team, European runs and top 4 finishes.

This current lot are trying their hardest to take us down.

They are fucking cowboys.

So we pay upfront only for those who didnt to get charged the same amount.

Fucking pisstake.

.COM have picked up on this also....

Club cut ST costs

Tuesday saw the club confirm cost reductions for season ticket holders next season, with 2009/10 seeing many prices return to those charged in the 2007/08 season.

Renewal packs will go out in April, with a renewal closing date this year of late May. Fans who have already signed up to buy season tickets will be contacted by letter to confirm their position.

The club have also announced that the qualification age for concessionary ticket price rates rises from 16 to 18 and Premium seating areas will be subject to smaller % decreases and remain unchanged in Platinum areas.

News of the price reduction has prompted an instant reaction from fans who had previously signed up on extended deals - and are now understandably asking precisely how their loyalty is being repaid, now that the price reduction they gained is freely available.

The short answer to that is that we don't know.

But Shepherd has left

Correct....for me, Ashley's major problem is having to write the cheque for the Shepherd era. He's fucked up royally just by buying the club...and now he's thrashing around in a sea of self created mediocrity, seemingly without the first clue as to how to get us moving in the right direction.

Alienating those who showed faith last May by stumping up 3 years dough in advance is just another nail in his coffin :mellow:

Who wants slightly cheaper tickets anyway? Not that mine is cheaper, but the team on the pitch is the priority. £2-3 off per match? Who gives a fuck about that man? If they were confident of improving matters on that score this wouldn't be needed, would it? The May deadline is the most telling thing for me.

Who wants slightly cheaper tickets anyway? Not that mine is cheaper, but the team on the pitch is the priority. £2-3 off per match? Who gives a fuck about that man? If they were confident of improving matters on that score this wouldn't be needed, would it? The May deadline is the most telling thing for me.

I echo this.... What I want to see is the investment which is very visably needed in the playing squad. Given this bunch of monkey's previous form and the May deadline - I have no doubt that they have every fucking intention of fleecing the fans further.

If this gesture was as heart-felt as they're pathetically trying to make it seem - surely they'd run with the discounts all summer?

As for the slap in the face they've given the fans who took the 3 year option last summer, I genuinely believe it never crossed their minds what issues this statement will have caused.

They thick as fuck man!

Another thinly veiled threat aimed at scaring the fans. This time however I don't think it'll work.

I echo this.... What I want to see is the investment which is very visably needed in the playing squad. Given this bunch of monkey's previous form and the May deadline - I have no doubt that they have every fucking intention of fleecing the fans further.

If this gesture was as heart-felt as they're pathetically trying to make it seem - surely they'd run with the discounts all summer?

As for the slap in the face they've given the fans who took the 3 year option last summer, I genuinely believe it never crossed their minds what issues this statement will have caused.

They thick as fuck man!

So I pay upfront and get a letter telling me that I'm special? Cool cheers dekka :mellow:

This explains why they had that date set on being able to cancel.

Total and utter wankstains the lot of them

How about you just fuck off?

I think they're in for a fucking shock tbh. This time, I don't think the fans will simply retreat and buy the tickets like we have done in the past.

I also think it's going to take a damned sight more than the 'cosmetic' changes that they've alluded to thus far. At least 3 examples of high end personnel need to be dispensed with / replaced. If Ashley can't see that, he's a fucking mug!

I think they're in for a fucking shock tbh. This time, I don't think the fans will simply retreat and buy the tickets like we have done in the past.

I do like the "If you don't renew by May, you might not get your seat back!" line. A lot of fans are probably thinking that's a bloody good thing :mellow:

I also think it's going to take a damned sight more than the 'cosmetic' changes that they've alluded to thus far. At least 3 examples of high end personnel need to be dispensed with / replaced. If Ashley can't see that, he's a fucking mug!

I've thought for ages that Ashley looked at the turnover and the 50,000 crowds, and stupidly thought that we always had those crowds, because somebody told him and/or because it had became established.

But it was only established because of the efforts of the old regime.

So in that respect, he thought he was getting a good deal. A club with guaranteed 50,000 crowds, and decided to minimise the outlay and increase profits. To either keep a small profit or sell on for a profit after fattening it up a bit.

He's a cunt and a mug. If not for the fact that he's dragging my club with him, I'd wish him nothing other than to fall flat on his fat mug.

From True Faith

You Just Don't Get It!

Season Ticket Reductions - comment

Well, I'm not about to start complaining that reducing exorbitantly priced season tickets is a bad thing at Newcastle United, given we have paid over the knock for years but if Ashley thinks this is enough to keep supporters onside, he is more out of touch than we thought.

If you are in the unfortunate position of having lost your job in the current recession, any season ticket reduction is meaningless really given a "luxury" (ha-ha-ha) item like a season ticket will be chucked in whatever side of £500 the price is on as people get their priorities in order - put food on the table and keep a roof over your head.

If Ashley is bricking it about a meltdown in the summer over season ticket renewals then he has completely failed to grasp what the current disaffection amongst supporters is all about. Let's just summarise what it is;

a. a complete lack of ambition at NUFC

b. no confidence in anyone in any position of authority at NUFC - Ashley, Llambias, Wise or Kinnear.

c. no confidence in the management structure which is proven to be a failure in the English Premier League

d. suspiscion at Ashley's motives for buying NUFC and a cynicism regarding his plan for the club is little more than cost-cutting to put the club in a more saleable position whilst the club's revenue is used to reduce the debt and he is in a position to make millions from a future sale whilst the club stagnates at best.

e. a lack of respect for the supporters of Newcastle United, the city and the NE region manifested in nothing other than the most cursory of communications with the club's stakeholders.

This reduction might make life easier for some supporters, which is clearly welcome, but of the many contacts there have been to true faith regarding season ticket renewals, no-one has mentioned cost per se - though plenty have referred to what is being done to hollow the club out.

If they think this is enough to persuade thousands of Mags from walking away from an Ashley-owned Newcastle United then they have their heads up their arses.

From .com

Tuesday saw the club confirm cost reductions for season ticket holders next season, with 2009/10 seeing many prices return to those charged in the 2007/08 season.

Renewal packs will go out in April, with a renewal closing date this year of late May. Fans who have already signed up to buy season tickets will be contacted by letter to confirm their position.

The club have also announced that the qualification age for concessionary ticket price rates rises from 16 to 18 and Premium seating areas will be subject to smaller % decreases and remain unchanged in Platinum areas.

News of the price reduction prompted an instant reaction from fans who had previously signed up on extended deals and were unsure of where they stood. We've sought some clarification of this and can confirm the following:

Fans who bought a three year ticket and paid up front got the current season 2008/09 at a 20% reduction and will receive 10% discount on 2009/10 prices.

Those who went for the direct debit payment got 10% off this season's prices and while they will pay the new standard rate for 2009/10, they will continue to pay by direct debit in 10 interest free monthly instalments (normal 2009/10 ST holders won't have that option).

The price of 2010/11 tickets is also fixed for advance purchasers, while it's undecided for normal ST holders

and may well rise again.

They thick as fuck man!

Aye, they want the money in by the end of May.

This year the season doesn't end until then, so the transfer market isn't open til after their deadline. It's all set up to continue their non spending ways.

How convenient.