Milner or Jonas.

Park Life

I suppose you can trace the death of the winger as an effective force in English football back to Alf Ramsay and '66.

Ricky and Guti are working well down the left and I'd stick with that, Ricky for me has just enough pace to interchange with Guti and frighten the right flank of most sides. Early in a game against poor opposition they should be instructed to forget about crosssing and cut inside and drive for the box to draw challenges, Guti for instance is an excellent shielder of the ball. What this does is spreads insecurity in the opposition and they drop off....Then infact if you go for the byline they are almost relieved they haven't had to time an edge of box (left) tackle or two.

The coaching we draw on is simply still in the dark ages.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose you can trace the death of the winger as an effective force in English football back to Alf Ramsay and '66.

Ricky and Guti are working well down the left and I'd stick with that, Ricky for me has just enough pace to interchange with Guti and frighten the right flank of most sides. Early in a game against poor opposition they should be instructed to forget about crosssing and cut inside and drive for the box to draw challenges, Guti for instance is an excellent shielder of the ball. What this does is spreads insecurity in the opposition and they drop off....Then infact if you go for the byline they are almost relieved they haven't had to time an edge of box (left) tackle or two.

The coaching we draw on is simply still in the dark ages.

You have to wonder where the pretty woeful coaching set-up fits into Ashley's 'vision of the future'.

the villa side and to a lesser extent the celtic and leicester sides he's coached have always had flair as well as pace. and a big lump up front [heskey/matt elliot/carew/]

Centre-back, Shirley?

Amazing the excuses that get made for this player. Still living on his Man U game. As for tracking back, against Everton I saw him half heartedly half jogging to get back at times.

Hope someone can produce some real stats on his assists etc.

Some blame the defence, others than the strikers are not good enough for his thru balls. Excuses excuses excuses.

Cant score, cant cross, Cant Pass.

Bit of perspective needed.

Best post since you arrived here fatty.

Amazing the excuses that get made for this player. Still living on his Man U game. As for tracking back, against Everton I saw him half heartedly half jogging to get back at times.

Hope someone can produce some real stats on his assists etc.

Some blame the defence, others than the strikers are not good enough for his thru balls. Excuses excuses excuses.

Cant score, cant cross, Cant Pass.

Bit of perspective needed.

It is isn't it.

In this day and age it is a disgrace that and winger, anywhere in the world, at any level, never mind the Premiership, is incapable of crossing a decent ball into the box at least half a dozen times during a game. No bullshit. It's a fcking disgrace.....I remember the likes of Solano, Ginola or even Keith Gillespie for that matter being able to cross ball from the bye-line (or anywhere else for that matter) with consumate easy, even when they were having shIt games. What the fck are they doing in training? It's basic requirement surely....crossing a fcking football. It's not rocket science. If you are not crossing the ball because you can't beat your man then clearly you are shit. Infact you don't need to beat your man to cross the ball..........

If you can't beat a man are you really a winger?

At the end of the day, if your job is specifically to get crosses in, whether you are a winger or inside right or whatever, and you can't even do that, which, let's face it, surely isn't THAT difficult (or then maybe it is which is why they are paid such a handsome wage), then you are, IMO, fckn crap. Jonas is overrated imo. Lots of running, industrious, 110% grafter, loads of blind alleys, zero end product but hey, he has that old chestnut we call 'potential'........Right now I'd take Milner and even he is overrated also.

In this day and age it is a disgrace that and winger, anywhere in the world, at any level, never mind the Premiership, is incapable of crossing a decent ball into the box at least half a dozen times during a game. No bullshit. It's a fcking disgrace.....I remember the likes of Solano, Ginola or even Keith Gillespie for that matter being able to cross ball from the bye-line (or anywhere else for that matter) with consumate easy, even when they were having shIt games. What the fck are they doing in training? It's basic requirement surely....crossing a fcking football. It's not rocket science. If you are not crossing the ball because you can't beat your man then clearly you are shit. Infact you don't need to beat your man to cross the ball..........

If you can't beat a man are you really a winger?

At the end of the day, if your job is specifically to get crosses in, whether you are a winger or inside right or whatever, and you can't even do that, which, let's face it, surely isn't THAT difficult (or then maybe it is which is why they are paid such a handsome wage), then you are, IMO, fckn crap. Jonas is overrated imo. Lots of running, industrious, 110% grafter, loads of blind alleys, zero end product but hey, he has that old chestnut we call 'potential'........Right now I'd take Milner and even he is overrated also.

Plus there is the small but not unimportant matter of that little ponytail type thing. Perhaps an indicator of some deeper malaise?

Jonas cracks it for a starting spot in the Argentina National Squad. Milner is a way off a starting birth for England.

Milner is younger, yes, but in terms of experience he has had a great deal (almost 200 Premier League games), so to expect him to develop a great deal more than he has is naive. He may become better at reading the game, but that's not going to suddenly make him faster, better at crossing, or more capable of beating his man. All of those games were in the same league, so he's surely completely settled in terms of that.

Jonas too is beyond the point where you can expect him to develop a great deal, however he is yet to fully adapt to the shite way in which Newcastle are currently playing football. When Jonas has performed at his best for us, it has been when we have actually gone out there and played football, not when we have aimlessly hoofed the ball at the likes of Ameobi.

I'd take Jonas in the side over Milner in a heartbeat. The fact that we got Jonas for something like 4 million pounds, and sold Milner for a profit of roughly 8 million pounds makes Jonas even more appealing IMO.

Jonas cracks it for a starting spot in the Argentina National Squad. Milner is a way off a starting birth for England.

Milner is younger, yes, but in terms of experience he has had a great deal (almost 200 Premier League games), so to expect him to develop a great deal more than he has is naive. He may become better at reading the game, but that's not going to suddenly make him faster, better at crossing, or more capable of beating his man. All of those games were in the same league, so he's surely completely settled in terms of that.

Jonas too is beyond the point where you can expect him to develop a great deal, however he is yet to fully adapt to the shite way in which Newcastle are currently playing football. When Jonas has performed at his best for us, it has been when we have actually gone out there and played football, not when we have aimlessly hoofed the ball at the likes of Ameobi.

I'd take Jonas in the side over Milner in a heartbeat. The fact that we got Jonas for something like 4 million pounds, and sold Milner for a profit of roughly 8 million pounds makes Jonas even more appealing IMO.

But is it 4 million? How much componsation are the club going to have to pay on top?

But is it 4 million? How much componsation are the club going to have to pay on top?

It's only compensation that they will have to pay as far as I am aware. Up to FIFA to determine what they figure is. At any length it's not going to be anywhere near 12 million pounds.

Doesn't work like that. Colo played in the last WC (in what was arguably the best side in the tournament) and he's nowt special tbh :lol:

Doesn't work like that. Colo played in the last WC (in what was arguably the best side in the tournament) and he's nowt special tbh :lol:

Funny that, I think that's why you'll find my comments don't stop there. :doh:

I really ain't gonna argue Milner vs anyone cause you won't have a rational view whatsoever, but I don't get how you claim he has a shit cross. His crossing is quite good IMO.

My only gripe is his ability of beating his man. But I think he will improve there as well. He will never be bloody Ronaldo, but that's okey tbh.

The fella who said he wouldn't improve cause he had played 200 matches and age was fairly irrelevant, that just isn't true. He is a young lad with bags of potential. Decent with both feet, good physique, good pace, must be a dream to work with for Robertson I'd bet.

You got loads of players developing late under a different management.

I really ain't gonna argue Milner vs anyone cause you won't have a rational view whatsoever, but I don't get how you claim he has a shit cross. His crossing is quite good IMO.

My only gripe is his ability of beating his man. But I think he will improve there as well. He will never be bloody Ronaldo, but that's okey tbh.

The fella who said he wouldn't improve cause he had played 200 matches and age was fairly irrelevant, that just isn't true. He is a young lad with bags of potential. Decent with both feet, good physique, good pace, must be a dream to work with for Robertson I'd bet.

:lol:

John Robertson would have been consulted on the purchase I imagine.

I'd say he lacks pace and his crossing is inconsistent.