Who did Llambias say got him ???

snakehips

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle5854476.ece

From The Times March 6, 2009

Bassong has been a rare positive in another gruelling season for Newcastle. Signed from Metz last summer, the 22-year-old Frenchman has been heralded as a success story for the recruitment department that is led by Dennis Wise, the executive director (football), but Bassong has credited Kevin Keegan, the former Newcastle manager, for his discovery. “I came to Newcastle because my agent knew Kevin Keegan and my agent told him he had me and that I was a good player at Metz,” he said. “Kevin had seen me play one or two times for France Under-21 and he asked my agent if I could come for a trial.”

This was taken from N-O btw.

I bet Lee Ryder's already printed this story though. If I bought the Ronnie I would have seen it.

Basically who recruited who seems to entirely depend on the underlying point of the moment.

Or more succinctly: never believe a word they say.

Guest Stevie
well thats the end of Bassongs toon career

*now then if only we can get Shola to tell the world that Kinnear is shite

:superman2sa2:

and Smith to say Ashley reminds him somewhat of Ridsdale.

I'm waiting for the massive backlash to this blatant lie by Llambias over on N-O. They seem to be in shock at the moment though, as it's been completely ignored so far apart from one lad implying Bassong is lying and insisting it was Dennis who found him. Strange.

I was just reading N-O and noticed that immediately.

Imagine the indignation if Keegan had been shown to have lied about which players he's signed in order to discredit Wise? There'd be calls to burn the bloke at the stake.

I could perhaps accept (or at least partly accept) the overall, long-term strategy for the club if I had any confidence in the people running the show being honest when they talk about it. Stuff like this makes me highly suspicious of their intentions because if Llambias is willing to lie so blatantly on this issue, how can he be trusted when talking about the stuff that really matters? This is just one example, obviously, but it highlights exactly what those of us with deep concerns about the sincerity of the regime are worried about.

I'm waiting for the massive backlash to this blatant lie by Llambias over on N-O. They seem to be in shock at the moment though, as it's been completely ignored so far apart from one lad implying Bassong is lying and insisting it was Dennis who found him. Strange.

I hope you are not referring to my post. :superman2sa2:

It also shows, not for the first time, just what a clot Llambias is when it comes to this PR game. He was embarrassed at least twice in the recent meeting with fans (apparently unaware of Ashley's 'top six' remarks in the programme, and the mess he got himself into over the Arsenal/Villa model business); and these quotes from Bassong come, I believe, from an interview with John Gibson weeks ago.

Liars need good memories :superman2sa2:

I think I already said his "Who's been the best player?" was a classic lie setter upper.

It really was, wasnt it! I wish somebody there had picked a player who's been far from the best to see if he'd go for it and name them as a Wise signing. But then fans aren't the cynical lieing little fuckers that the management are so they answered him honestly.

I hope you are not referring to my post. :lol:

Nah, the lad you were replying to. A budding journalist isn't he? :superman2sa2:

I've a finely honed sarcasm detector and knew you were taking the piss.