Probably bollocks but...

Snake

Thankfully, we aren't a selling club.

Rest assured he'll be here for months to come.

:baby:

Lambrusco - "we tried to get £10m for him, but they'd only offer us £3m so we had to sell him...... some might accuse us of bad business but....... LOOK OVER THERE, A FLYING KEEGAN!...... *ahem*..... As I was saying within 5 years we'll be back in the Premiership and competing at the very top."

If he's wanted by an ambitious club, he'll be away - as will any good player here. Because we're shit, and we're going nowhere, and everyone knows it.

I guess if we do sell him it's going to be pretty fucking hard for them to keep trotting out that 5 year plan shit.

Not that there is one of course.

We MUST get the astronomical wage bill down. So we have to sell those players that aren't justifying their huge wages with performances to match.

That's why we sell big earning underperformers like Milner, Nzogbia and Bassong.

We MUST get the astronomical wage bill down. So we have to sell those players that aren't justifying their huge wages with performances to match.

That's why we sell big earning underperformers like Milner, Nzogbia and Bassong.

And Given.

Our status has fallen so far so fast it's hard to believe. I know we were treading water to an extent for a couple of seasons pre-Ashley but I still feel that for most fans, and the wider football community, there was the underlying feeling that if we got the right manager in we could be pushing for top six or so quite quickly. It can't be more than a couple of years ago Mourinho made that 'we always wait for Newcastle' remark, for example.

No-one's waiting for us these days. I'm obviously talking specifically about perceptions here but they do count for something, certainly in terms of recruiting good players/managers and even more so as regards your general experience as a fan. I doubt there's a player on the books who seriously believes we'll be 'challenging for everything' in five years. Ashley seems to have done to us what he has a reputation for doing to 'brands' he acquires in his retail operations.

It's so fucking depressing :baby:

Fairly nailed on seeing as how he exposed Llambias's total and utter lie about who bought him.

Depressingly possible and the cycnical stance justified.

I don't think we'll turn down £10 million for anyone these days.

I know he wasn't actually scouted by Wise but, that aside, this is exactly what their real plan is imo regarding signing all these young kids - i.e. sell them off at a profit rather than keep them here for the long-term. He'll be off when we go down anyway at a guess.

since when has vital football and the daily mirror ever been remotely near the truth! How many times were they linked with N'Zogbia only to not be interested at all. And did you see how long it took wenger to had over 10 million for arshavin? theres no way he would put that sort of money down for an unproven youngster.

All utter codswallop!

since when has vital football and the daily mirror ever been remotely near the truth! How many times were they linked with N'Zogbia only to not be interested at all. And did you see how long it took wenger to had over 10 million for arshavin? theres no way he would put that sort of money down for an unproven youngster.

All utter codswallop!

He paid it for Walcott.

Walcott signed for Arsenal in January 2006 for an initial fee of £5m rising to a possible £12m making him the most expensive 16 year old in the history of British football.

Bassong is 23 in July

Wasn't the Arshavin transfer delayed because 1) his club didn't want to sell him and 2) his wages (he took a cut to go to Arsenal).