The F1 2009 thread

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Given his acrimonious split with Renault last month and considering what a dirty fucking shitbag his old man was and is, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Nelson's gone to the FIA (what the fuck have FIFA got to do with it Rob? :lol:) lobbing his rattle about talking absolute bullshit about a 'consipiracy' that never was.

The FIA have to investigate it as a matter of course - I bet it comes to nothing though. IIRC Piquet lost it big time in Singapore and I don't care who you are, you don't deliberately crash an F1 car.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given his acrimonious split with Renault last month and considering what a dirty fucking shitbag his old man was and is, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Nelson's gone to the FIA (what the fuck have FIFA got to do with it Rob? :lol:) lobbing his rattle about talking absolute bullshit about a 'consipiracy' that never was.

The FIA have to investigate it as a matter of course - I bet it comes to nothing though. IIRC Piquet lost it big time in Singapore and I don't care who you are, you don't deliberately crash an F1 car.

Unless you are Senna

Unless you are Senna

True, he did do it although he argued the fact that he didn't deliberately crash into Prost, he just told Alain that he was going to be first into that corner and if he wanted to challenge that, there'd likely be contact - and there was.

Given his acrimonious split with Renault last month and considering what a dirty fucking shitbag his old man was and is, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Nelson's gone to the FIA (what the fuck have FIFA got to do with it Rob? :blush:) lobbing his rattle about talking absolute bullshit about a 'consipiracy' that never was.

Unless you are Senna

Or Schumacher in Monaco qualifying. Those two were both excellent drivers though. I wouldn't trust Piquet Jr to parallel park a Renault Clio outside his front door, never mind deliberately prang a racecar. :lol:

Awesome drive by Fisi today - easily the fastest on the circuit taking KERS out of the equation. That Force India is quick on merit rather than fluke and I reckon they've touched on an aerodynamic gem in the same way Brawn did back at the start of the season.

Depsperately unlucky for both Jenson & Lewis today, but that's racing.

Something I was wondering though is should Kimi be punished for taking to the run-off area at the start of the race? DC claimed that there's no advantage from being over there as it's dusty and full of crap but the question is did Kimi profit from it? Had he stayed on the 'track' I doubt very much he'd have been in 3rd extremely close to the back of Kubica as they entered Eau Rouge.

Trivia time - I wonder if this is the first time that all the current teams in F1 have all been pole sitters at one point?

Yes! I was so convinced about this that I was totally expecting to hear Martin say that Kimi was under investigation. Couldnt believe it when nothing happened! ;) Imo by using the run off area he clearly avoided getting into any trouble that was happening on the track, it gave him a clear run. I was fuming!!!

Given his acrimonious split with Renault last month and considering what a dirty fucking shitbag his old man was and is, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Nelson's gone to the FIA (what the fuck have FIFA got to do with it Rob? :icon_lol:) lobbing his rattle about talking absolute bullshit about a 'consipiracy' that never was.

Unless you are Senna

Or Schumacher in Monaco qualifying. Those two were both excellent drivers though. I wouldn't trust Piquet Jr to parallel park a Renault Clio outside his front door, never mind deliberately prang a racecar. ;)

tbf Schumacher never pranged it, he just parked it up at the Rascasse and got out. Dreadful sportsmanship :cry:

Given his acrimonious split with Renault last month and considering what a dirty fucking shitbag his old man was and is, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Nelson's gone to the FIA (what the fuck have FIFA got to do with it Rob? :icon_lol:) lobbing his rattle about talking absolute bullshit about a 'consipiracy' that never was.

Unless you are Senna

Or Schumacher in Monaco qualifying. Those two were both excellent drivers though. I wouldn't trust Piquet Jr to parallel park a Renault Clio outside his front door, never mind deliberately prang a racecar. ;)

tbf Schumacher never pranged it, he just parked it up at the Rascasse and got out. Dreadful sportsmanship :cry:

you could never use the word Schumacher in the same sentence as sportsmanship TBH

Given his acrimonious split with Renault last month and considering what a dirty fucking shitbag his old man was and is, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Nelson's gone to the FIA (what the fuck have FIFA got to do with it Rob? :baby:) lobbing his rattle about talking absolute bullshit about a 'consipiracy' that never was.

OK I'm changing my stance on this... I can't see how the FIA could summon Renault to hear charges unless they have found something concrete to back the claims. I suspect both Renault and young Nelson are in serious shit:

Formula One's governing body has summoned Renault to a hearing to answer charges that they fixed the outcome of the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

The French team are accused of plotting with driver Nelson Piquet Jr to crash in the race to deploy the safety car.

The incident aided Piquet's team-mate Fernando Alonso, with the Spaniard going on to claim victory.

If found guilty, the team face severe sanctions which could include expulsion from the current F1 world championship.

"Representatives of ING Renault F1 have been requested to appear before an extraordinary meeting of the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Paris on Monday, 21 September 2009," read a statement on the FIA website.

"The team representatives have been called to answer charges, including a breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code, that the team conspired with its driver, Nelson Piquet Jr, to cause a deliberate crash at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix with the aim of causing the deployment of the safety car to the advantage of its other driver, Fernando Alonso."

Renault said they would not make any comment until after the hearing.

The FIA first started investigating the matter after the initial claim of fixing was made by a Brazilian TV station during the Belgian GP in August.

Alonso won the Singapore GP in 2008 when Piquet crashed two laps after the Spaniard had come in for a routine pit stop.

That meant that when race officials sent out the safety car to clear up the debris from Piquet's car, Alonso was alone among the front-runners in not having to stop for fuel and tyres.

At the time, Piquet attributed the crash to a simple error, but he was dropped by Renault after July's Hungarian Grand Prix and has since been outspoken in his criticism of Renault team boss Flavio Briatore.

F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone said earlier this week that both Renault and Piquet Jr would be in serious trouble if the investigation uncovered any type of race-fixing activity.

He said the negative publicity might lead Renault to pull out of the sport, following the departures of manufacturers Honda and BMW Sauber.

The Brazilian specifically cited unequal treatment between himself and two-time world champion Alonso as the source of his discontent.

Former world champions Renault have already been in the FIA dock this season.

They were banned for one race after a wheel flew off Alonso's car at the Hungarian Grand Prix.

However, the suspension, which would have ruled Alonso out of his home race in Valencia in August, was lifted on appeal.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/8239001.stm

and if guilty what will happen? banned forever?

or fined 500 euros and told not to be naughty boys...........................

another rotten sport

and the list gets longer all the time - this week we've had diving footballers, blood injury rugby players, doping in equestrian sports, odd betting on tennis & snooker and a dodgy jockey back to ride............... and I haven't even looked at athletics or cycling this week

Seriously Rob will you just fuck off you tiresome moaning cunt. Nobody can ever have a discussion on here about wrong-doing within sport without you popping up and preaching your 'holier than thou' line.

Sport is corrupt - it's been that way since before even you existed. It's not about who is cheating but about who gets caught.

If Renault are found guilty it'll be the first guilty case of race-fixing ever in Formula One. Considering McLaren were thrown out of the 2007 championship standings for spygate I expect Renault's penalty (if found guilty) to be stronger - perhaps even having their 2010 entry awarded to another team.

Seriously Rob will you just fuck off you tiresome moaning cunt. Nobody can ever have a discussion on here about wrong-doing within sport without you popping up and preaching your 'holier than thou' line.

Sport is corrupt - it's been that way since before even you existed. It's not about who is cheating but about who gets caught.

If Renault are found guilty it'll be the first guilty case of race-fixing ever in Formula One. Considering McLaren were thrown out of the 2007 championship standings for spygate I expect Renault's penalty (if found guilty) to be stronger - perhaps even having their 2010 entry awarded to another team.

:baby:

• 2 weeks later...

Get the fuck in - well chuffed this is happening.....

Lotus are to return to Formula 1 for the first time since 1994 after being granted the 13th slot on the grid from next season.

They will line up as one of four new teams for 2010 - alongside Campos Grand Prix, Manor and US F1.

Current team BMW Sauber was awarded "14th place" in the championship, meaning it will be entitled to fill any vacancy arising on the 2010 grid.

F1's governing body, the FIA, said it wants to expand the grid to 14 teams.

"The FIA believes that a good case can be made for expanding the grid to 14 teams," read an FIA statement released on Tuesday.

"It will be consulting urgently with the existing teams regarding the introduction of an appropriate rule change to expand the grid to 28 cars in time for the first Grand Prix in 2010."

While the FIA said it had received an "impressive application" from the BMW Sauber team, it added: "However, given that BMW has announced it will withdraw its support in 2010, there are still uncertainties regarding the future ownership of the team."

Lotus, which competed in F1 from 1958 through to 1994, was also awarded its place ahead of Epsilon Euskadi following an intensive selection and due diligence process conducted by the FIA.

The team won seven constructors' crowns and six drivers' champions, including Jim Clark and Graham Hill, during their golden era in the 1960s and '70s.

In its new incarnation the team is a partnership between the Malaysian Government and a consortium of Malaysian entrepreneurs and is being led by team principal Tony Fernandes, the founder and CEO of the Malaysian-based Tune Group which owns Air Asia airline.

Mike Gascoyne - who has 20 years experience in the sport after working with Jordan, Renault, Toyota, and most recently Force India - returns to F1 as the team's technical director.

The team will be initially based in Norfolk, though its future design, research and development, manufacturing and technical centre will be purpose built at Malaysia's Sepang International circuit.

Their withdrawal from F1 in 1994 owed to financial pressures, but Lotus remains the fourth most successful constructor of all time.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/8256295.stm

:D

I'ts not moaning to point out that a "sport" that charges people serious money is bent

if I want to watch a fixed "sport" I'll watch American wrestling