Official Match Thread: Newcastle United Vs Chelsea

Park Life

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to play the ball on the floor so having lovenkrands in the old Beardsley role just off owen will help. Martins has played out left before and allows us to get an extra shooter in the team.

S. Taylor has been excellent of late, particularly charging down that wing and at set pieces. He would also be a big help in getting back and helping out.

Ryan Taylor has been shit since he arrived.

This team could win.

That team would get tewatted iyam. Martins up front and Lovenkrands on the left were they actually play makes much more sense and Taylor on the wing? He is a centreback and nothing more, R Taylor is a fullback so it's no surprise that he's been shit on wing. Why not play Jonas on the right wing given that he's a winger and right footed. I know his crossing and shooting has been called into question but he's still been one of our best players this season and is a good grafter which is very important for us.

Defenders.........flat back 4.

Butt

Guthrie Nolan

Owen

LoveK Marteens

Chelsea tend to play too much through the middle, that has been their main problem this season. We stay in the middle

and let Bosi/Cole pump the odd cross, much better this than have them streaming through our middle.

Butt

Guthrie Nolan

Owen

LoveK Marteens

Chelsea tend to play too much through the middle, that has been their main problem this season. We stay in the middle

and let Bosi/Cole pump the odd cross, much better this than have them streaming through our middle.

Quite like that except it relies on us playing football because of the lack of a physical presence upfront, which is (it goes without saying) a problem. The alternatives are probably worse though.

Jonas has had enough chances this season. It needs to dawn on people that unfortunately, he is just not very good.

Not been one of the people banging the drum for him or whatever but (and I must confess I'd forgotten about him when reading Parky's side) he's defintely worth a place in our team.

Butt

Guthrie Nolan

Owen

LoveK Marteens

Quite like that except it relies on us playing football because of the lack of a physical presence upfront, which is (it goes without saying) a problem. The alternatives are probably worse though.

We had our moments against Arsenal who imo are a more dangerous side. I'd always like us to try and do it the right way. Guti could come on around 65min for Owen if he is tired. Someone will have to close Essien as nearly all of it starts with his first pass out.

Butt

Guthrie Nolan

Owen

LoveK Marteens

We had our moments against Arsenal who imo are a more dangerous side. I'd always like us to try and do it the right way. Guti could come on around 65min for Owen if he is tired. Someone will have to close Essien as nearly all of it starts with his first pass out.

Or play Jonas instead of Nolan. The latter seems to give us sweet fa. He doesn't even have that great an engine.

Just cannot understand this blind loyalty in jonas.

Can't whip it in

Can't pass

Can't score

Regularly loses posession

Madness, pure madness.

He can pass tbf. With a bit of movement ahead of him. He's good in possession too generally. I agree he can't cross a ball. It's not blind loyalty on my part though. It's a recognition he's better than the alternatives. I'm not having a pop though because I can understand calls for him not to play and I've said myself he hasn't done a lot. He's got a better engine than the rest of the midfield put together though. And he can run at players and beat a man. Lack of end product has been a problem, aye.

I am cautious to expect too much from this game, but it would be bloody awesome if we could nick a win in Big Al's first game in charge.

Just hope it's not a drubbing, as that might begin to undermine any "Shearer" effect before he has chance to give us a shot at staying up.

:lol:

I can't see us getting anything tbf.

FFS.

Play Jonas on the left and Loverkrands on the right (where they both like to play). Martins and Owen up front. Fucking simple. Football isn't rocket science!

Personally I wouldn't our 2 central midfielders would be isolated against Lampard, Ballack, Essinen and a deep lying Anelka. They would interchange right through us.

Butt

Guthrie Nolan

Owen

LoveK Marteens

Or play Jonas instead of Nolan. The latter seems to give us sweet fa. He doesn't even have that great an engine.

Fair enough.

FFS.

Play Jonas on the left and Loverkrands on the right (where they both like to play). Martins and Owen up front. Fucking simple. Football isn't rocket science!

Personally I wouldn't our 2 central midfielders would be isolated against Lampard, Ballack, Essinen and a deep lying Anelka. They would interchange right through us.

Anelka's injured btw (I think).

Can't whip it in

Can't pass

Can't score

Madness, pure madness.

Fuck considering your blind support of Ashley and the cunts for so long your opinion on anything has to be seriously questioned.

I can think of more games where Jonas has contributed more 75% of the team than I can where your criticisms of him are actually correct.

Like I said play him on the left where he wants to play and watch him contribute.

Can't whip it in

Can't pass

Can't score

Madness, pure madness.

Fuck considering your blind support of Ashley and the cunts for so long your opinion on anything has to be seriously questioned.

I can think of more games where Jonas has contributed more 75% of the team than I can where your criticisms of him are actually correct.

Like I said play him on the left where he wants to play and watch him contribute.

It's a shame we don't have a genuine right winger

Can't whip it in

Can't pass

Can't score

Madness, pure madness.

We haven't had one since Solano left tbh. Although I'd rather have Milner than be waiting on the 12m we still haven't seen.

Fuck this club has been run well recently!

Can't whip it in

Can't pass

Can't score

Madness, pure madness.

Stevie tbh.

Chelsea official site:

"Meanwhile, after the hugely disappointing performance at White Hart Lane Guus Hiddink will be aware that, despite a record-breaking start to his managerial career at the Bridge, the damaging lulls that characterised Luiz Felipe Scolari's period in charge are far from over. Spurs, with little to play for, outfought the lacklustre Blues for the first hour of the contest.

Any repeat of such slothfulness on Tyneside and Shearer's reign will defy the odds and get off to a dream start." :lol:

Can't whip it in

Can't pass

Can't score

Madness, pure madness.

Stevie tbh.

T?

Lamptart:

"There is no chance for Newcastle's former star striker to directly influence the scoring on Saturday but Lampard acknowledges there will be a Shearer effect.

'You can imagine what the atmosphere is going to be like? Alan Shearer is regarded as a god up there - and quite rightly so after what he achieved for the club. He will definitely get the Newcastle fans going and he will get the Newcastle players going.'

Guest Stevie

Can't whip it in

Can't pass

Can't score

Madness, pure madness.

Stevie tbh.

Pardon?